ohsaa press conference at 8 tonight

Do you have a link to the Hamilton County Board of Health recommending students to not return to school or participate in sports?

No like I said, they held off on Friday for whatever reason. Rumors have been so they could communicate it to local districts before being blindsided like other counties. That would make sense for the second part. Now expected at the beginning of the week

No like I said, they held off on Friday for whatever reason. Rumors have been so they could communicate it to local districts before being blindsided like other counties. That would make sense for the second part. Now expected at the beginning of the week

And you don't think they held off, because the numbers are down in Hamilton County thanks to things like social distancing, wearing masks, vacation trips winding down, washing hands, awareness, etc.

Hamilton County has a a population of 800,000+.
Hamilton County had only 6 total new hospitalizations in the last week.
Hamilton County had 0 new cases yesterday and only 7 new cases on Thursday.

Look for Hamilton County to go from Red level 3 to Orange level 2 soon.

The best thermometer sold on Amazon only costs $45.99. Even with reduced gate receipts most schools can afford that.
net everyone get s a fever with the virus though. That's why they want testing.

I just know talking to AD's and Super's the testing requirement is a big hurdle... then it will be health department mandates or recommendations

Have heard the 8 City School Districts and the counties that have shut sports down until Oct. 1 are trying to put pressure on the state to shut down fall sports until at least then...

I don't agree really, because deep down it should be county Health Department and local school decisions. So we press on with the hope they finally allow competition between schools before September 4th so it doesn't get moved to a condensed spring.

and.. honestly, do we think it will be different by February? Best shot to play is now, and best chance we have to get kids to school at least part time to work out kinks to make it as safe for people as possible is now. IMO

Have heard the 8 City School Districts and the counties that have shut sports down until Oct. 1 are trying to put pressure on the state to shut down fall sports until at least then...

I don't agree really, because deep down it should be county Health Department and local school decisions. So we press on with the hope they finally allow competition between schools before September 4th so it doesn't get moved to a condensed spring.

and.. honestly, do we think it will be different by February? Best shot to play is now, and best chance we have to get kids to school at least part time to work out kinks to make it as safe for people as possible is now. IMO
It will be better by February, because the election is in November.