ohsaa press conference at 8 tonight

I think we will begin ASAP. However, I can’t speak for the governor. Travel sports has helped the spread.

Do you think we will be done due to case counts or due to deaths?
No it'll be the cost of testing players, coaches, before each contest that will make schools cancel IMO.

I think if that wasn't out there as a mandate currently... you would see certain areas of the state go ahead with a more regional schedule with a possible postseason but I would think a post season would be unlikely if that happened.

Not when advised not to by the leading health organization in the county. If you're talking what happens in practice/games then yes.

Not all health boards are making these advisories. I'm sorry if you live in a county that is saying no sports. Tough luck. The rest of the state will go on with fall sports.

I again ask the question where are all the deaths from summer baseball? Zero.

I think we will begin ASAP. However, I can’t speak for the governor. Travel sports has helped the spread.

Do you think we will be done due to case counts or due to deaths?
How about long term issues that come from the virus? You keep promoting your agenda trump jr. Funny how you tell everyone to keep living their life while you stay bunkered in posting all day long lol

Not all health boards are making these advisories. I'm sorry if you live in a county that is saying no sports. Tough luck. The rest of the state will go on with fall sports.

You know Hamilton County is making the same recommendation right? And the OHSAA got what they wanted. They can now say it was out of their control and they have to postpone/cancel.

I am still very confused about the state of fall sports, especially football. The OHSAA says that practice can begin, but then wash their hands of everything else. School districts declare that there will be online school for the beginning and that sports will be delayed or not happen. Boards of health in the larger counties are recommending against contact sports and some schools are following the recommendations, some are starting practice tomorrow. What is going on? Is this chaos or what? Is this, " You can start practice, but we can shut it down at any time" from the state. Has the OHSAA totally left it to the governor? Have they abandoned their responsibility to the schools for fair competition? Is the whole thing futile? Are only some teams going to play this year? Somebody needs to take a leadership role and explain what is happening. The days of abdication are over.

How about long term issues that come from the virus? You keep promoting your agenda trump jr. Funny how you tell everyone to keep living their life while you stay bunkered in posting all day long lol

Attachments

• 14BC215D-C731-4E95-B5A7-C2A176A936B1.jpeg
    14BC215D-C731-4E95-B5A7-C2A176A936B1.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 4
The state has still not authorized school vs. school competition yet. If, and when they do, we don't know what requirements will be put in place (such as COVID testing, etc.) to allow it.

I am still very confused about the state of fall sports, especially football. The OHSAA says that practice can begin, but then wash their hands of everything else. School districts declare that there will be online school for the beginning and that sports will be delayed or not happen. Boards of health in the larger counties are recommending against contact sports and some schools are following the recommendations, some are starting practice tomorrow. What is going on? Is this chaos or what? Is this, " You can start practice, but we can shut it down at any time" from the state. Has the OHSAA totally left it to the governor? Have they abandoned their responsibility to the schools for fair competition? Is the whole thing futile? Are only some teams going to play this year? Somebody needs to take a leadership role and explain what is happening. The days of abdication are over.

They got their wish. They can say they wanted to play but the health boards shut things down.

I am usually just an observer. However I am proud of “bobcat44”, for a moment I noticed he/she referenced “productivity” and “work” in the same post earlier. And don’t let them sweat you “cknights”...ole Bobcat is on here quite a bit.

You know Hamilton County is making the same recommendation right? And the OHSAA got what they wanted. They can now say it was out of their control and they have to postpone/cancel.

That doesn't mean the schools will follow their "recommendation". I also believe some schools that will be starting out with full at home learning may still offer extracurricular activities. Middletown for example has not canceled sports. They very well may end fielding teams before the fall season is over. The OHSAA is doing the right thing by offering Fall sports seasons for those schools that are willing to follow the safety protocols. Well done OHSAA.

Or how many Walmart workers have died by contracting covid at work? Or how many Kroger employees? But schools and their activities are different in spite of the kids being at an almost infinitesimally small risk of harm from covid.

If we were putting he kids first then schools would reopen FULLY and extracurricular activities would be held.

The effort and restrictions would be on the adults especially those that are at elevated risk from the covid. This might mean that some teachers are placed on sabbatical; some restricted to remote teaching & lesson planning and some retiring. This also means that at the extracurricular events like Friday Night Football, maybe only player, cheerleader & band family members can attend. And student attendees are retricted to seniors on Friday nights. Or it means a mask mandate and reduced general attendance.

The key is that the adults must be the ones sacrificing here not the kids. Instead I see the typical institutional reluctance to make tough decisions. My own school district is among those.

This is an absolute chaotic dumpster fire.

Since we've gotten this far, then within a few weeks the powers that be had better give the greenlight for competition with reasonable guidelines that aren't going to force a cost-related shutdown. Absolutely zero excuse to allow kids to begin official practice and to practice for a few weeks only to pull the plug and kick the can with promises of spring football.

Or how many Walmart workers have died by contracting covid at work? Or how many Kroger employees? But schools and their activities are different in spite of the kids being at an almost infinitesimally small risk of harm from covid.
There were four Kroger employees in Michigan who died from COVID by April 12: https://www.10tv.com/article/news/n...-apr/530-cce66ec5-0894-4fb5-a038-1dcfe090b799

Also, the United Commercial and Food Workers (largest grocery union in the country) reports that 238 members have died from COVID-19 as of June 25: http://www.ufcw.org/2020/06/25/covidupdate/

This is an absolute chaotic dumpster fire.

Since we've gotten this far, then within a few weeks the powers that be had better give the greenlight for competition with reasonable guidelines that aren't going to force a cost-related shutdown. Absolutely zero excuse to allow kids to begin official practice and to practice for a few weeks only to pull the plug and kick the can with promises of spring football.

Did you even read the administrator update from the OHSAA that was released yesterday? They have plans in place. You offer an uninformed opinion.

• If contact sports are not approved for school vs. school competition by Friday, September 4, fall contact sports
and remaining winter and spring sports will move to a condensed schedule that will take place between mid‐
December and the end of June. Fall non‐contact sports would move forward as scheduled.
• If the fall seasons begin and, for some reason, are stopped but then resume, the OHSAA has plans to move to a
modified fall sports season.

If you aren't bs'ing i say mid sept or Oct 1start 5 to 7 games then full playoffs. But not sure why you wouldn't say details if you got legit info
If this is the case I hope all schools that play at least get a playoff game.

There were four Kroger employees in Michigan who died from COVID by April 12: https://www.10tv.com/article/news/n...-apr/530-cce66ec5-0894-4fb5-a038-1dcfe090b799

Also, the United Commercial and Food Workers (largest grocery union in the country) reports that 238 members have died from COVID-19 as of June 25: http://www.ufcw.org/2020/06/25/covidupdate/

You do know that there have been millions of retail workers on the front lines since March? Perspective is an underappreciated thing in the time of the covid.

And for what it's worth food processing is not representative of teaching. That's like comparing riding in your car with taking a cruise ship.

But by all means shut down the schools and just do remote "teaching". In a couple of years we can get back on Yappi and compare deaths and pathology of keeping the schools closed versus opening them back up. I've got a feeling that in those communities that close down the devastation will be eye opening.

I just hope some good lawyers extract a pound of flesh from these school districts completely closing down.

Did you even read the administrator update from the OHSAA that was released yesterday? They have plans in place. You offer an uninformed opinion.

That's exactly what I've read and formulated my opinion around.

In their "plan", they're offering up the possibility of letting kids in contact sports such as football to practice for up to five weeks, only to keep the possibility of cancelling for the fall on the table and to prospectively push to the spring as part of a condensed schedule starting with winter sports in mid-December.

Letting football, soccer, etc. practice for up to a month and then deciding to push the season back several months is unacceptable. At this point there had better be a fall season in some form.

That doesn't mean the schools will follow their "recommendation". I also believe some schools that will be starting out with full at home learning may still offer extracurricular activities. Middletown for example has not canceled sports. They very well may end fielding teams before the fall season is over. The OHSAA is doing the right thing by offering Fall sports seasons for those schools that are willing to follow the safety protocols. Well done OHSAA.

They'll follow the recommendations. They may not wang to. Their insurance companies will make them.