ohsaa press conference at 8 tonight

Using the words "elitist" over their opinion is crossing a line in my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree with someone. Attacking them over their belief or opinion is poor.
Read the posts about how educated that person is. Over and over and over. It's an elitist. There have been others. Look back at the major threads. Your tune will change.

I hear a lot of people focused on whether the OHSAA allows fall contact sports to proceed, which I understand. We've bantered back and forth on whether we should or shouldn't play. I'm curious though if teams are allowed to proceed, what will the logistics of this season look like? I know in the Dayton are we're seeing leagues not allow OOC games (GWOC). We're seeing schools not have fall sports (Middletown). I'm assuming those won't be the only leagues or schools that alter plans for the fall. I think the logistics of this season and the playoffs could be difficult. Especially with football, it's the one OHSAA sport that doesn't include every team in it's playoff system.

After hearing OHSAA's response today Montgomery County has recommended cancelling football. That's all the Dayton area schools

Last edited:
After hearing OHSAA's response today Montgomery County has cancelled football. That's all the Dayton area schools

The only article I've seen in regards to Montgomery County is that the Board of Health recommended online learning to begin the school year. Which is just a recommendation.

This is the article. It's a recommendation by the Montgomery County Health Department, it's still up to individual schools.

Yea, go against the Health Board's recommendations and see how goes when you get sued.

Agreed, but who do you:

1. Get to officiate
2. Run the chain gang
3. Run the clocks
4. Run the concession stand
5. Sell tickets
6. Open the schools fields to play on
7. Coach the teams
8. And the list could keep going on, and on and on......

I'd like to see all fall sports go on just like everybody else. But there are so many other variables that people seem to keep forgetting about.
There won't be a problem with any of that.

So let me get this straight. The Fed Gov't push tough decisions off to the state, the states push it off to the county, the county then pushes it off to the local govt to make decisions. Whatever your stance on all of this is, I think we have learned once again that politics suck, and it terrible that our kids are in the middle of it.

This information in no way provides what I am looking for. And that's actual stats and facts that kids' deaths will be greater than those killed by coronavirus.

Did you read these links? Most were about single suicides. A shame, yes, but not indicative of a bigger picture.

The last article concerning Australia was from early May and said -

"A spike in suicides triggered by Covid-19 lockdowns is expected to exceed deaths from the actual virus by a factor of 10 in Australia, according to researchers from Sydney University’s Brain and Mind Center, who published their findings on Thursday. "

To date, Australia has had nearly 17,000 COVID deaths. Trust me, they have NOT had 170,000 suicides.

Come on. The devil is in the details.

Last edited:
This information in no way provides what I am looking for. And that's actual stats and facts that kids' deaths will be greater than those killed by coronavirus.

Did you read these links? Most were about single suicides. A shame, yes, but not indicative of a bigger picture.

The last article concerning Australia was from early May and said -

"A spike in suicides triggered by Covid-19 lockdowns is expected to exceed deaths from the actual virus by a factor of 10 in Australia, according to researchers from Sydney University’s Brain and Mind Center, who published their findings on Thursday. "

To date, Australia has had nearly 17,000 COVID deaths. Trust me, they have NOT had 170,000 suicides.

Come on. The devil is in the details.

You stated "I keep hearing this but haven't seen anything to corroborate it with actual facts." These suicides and the contribution the Covid fear mongering played in them are facts. You did not ask for stats. Do your own research.

Give me this fact. How many kids 18 and under in the U.S. have died from Covid-19, how many worldwide, how many die from the flu annually. I can pretty much guarantee that more kids have died from suicide related to covid stress, isolation, anxiety and depression than have died from having the virus due to the hysterical people such as yourself.

Are you sure Australia (you know, the land down under) has had nearly 17,000 Covid deaths to date. Someone asking other people for facts should probably actually know some facts themselves first, don't you agree. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You stated "I keep hearing this but haven't seen anything to corroborate it with actual facts." These suicides and the contribution the Covid fear mongering played in them are facts. You did not ask for stats. Do your own research.

Give me this fact. How many kids 18 and under in the U.S. have died from Covid-19, how many worldwide, how many die from the flu annually. I can pretty much guarantee that more kids have died from suicide related to covid stress, isolation, anxiety and depression than have died from having the virus due to the hysterical people such as yourself.

Are you sure Australia (you know, the land down under) has had nearly 17,000 Covid deaths to date. Someone asking other people for facts should probably actual know some facts themselves first, don't you agree. :ROFLMAO:
My mistake on the Australia number. I looked at the wrong column. They have had 197 deaths. I was way off. Suicides are up but they've been rising steadily since 1999.

What you're overlooking is that you can't just look at the number of youth deaths from COVID. Kids don't live in a bubble by themselves. You have to consider all deaths from the virus.

Fair enough. Then it's easy to say someone with 35 years of experience should retire if they are scared? Or find a new profession? Because thats what the real world is telling all of us "essential workers". So, no hall pass is given to someone that doesn't agree with their profession or their wife's profession. Its work or stay home.
Yeah, but I bet your boss has provided you the most protection as possible.

Contact sports are open. And mandatory :cool:
Contact sports have been open all summer but there is no funding for schools to compete against each other with testing expectation. Nice emoji. But seriously do you have a job besides posting on yappi?

Contact sports are open. And mandatory :cool:
but when do you think they will allow competition to begin between schools in contact sports?

I believe it won't be unless the governor removes the mandatory testing component from the darn Travel B-Ball lawsuit if I am not mistaken

but when do you think they will allow competition to begin between schools in contact sports?

I believe it won't be unless the governor removes the mandatory testing component from the darn Travel B-Ball lawsuit if I am not mistaken
I think we will begin ASAP. However, I can’t speak for the governor. Travel sports has helped the spread.

Do you think we will be done due to case counts or due to deaths?