OHSAA Press Conference @4:55 EST

Memo from OHSAA to member schools, obtained by Jason Lloyd:
C775CF04-4101-43AD-BA14-746517A16302.jpeg

If no contact sports allowed to compete by sept 4, they will move it back to mid december through end of June and run a shortened schedule to be determined later.

This is from their email this afternoon
If contact sports are not approved for school vs. school competition by Friday, September 4, fall contact sports
and remaining winter and spring sports will move to a condensed schedule that will take place between mid-
December and the end of June. Fall non-contact sports would move forward as scheduled.

Last edited:
If no contact sports allowed to compete by sept 4, they will move it back to mid december through end of June and run a shortened schedule to be determined later.

This is from their email this afternoon
If contact sports are not approved for school vs. school competition by Friday, September 4, fall contact sports
and remaining winter and spring sports will move to a condensed schedule that will take place between mid-
December and the end of June. Fall non-contact sports would move forward as scheduled.

Interesting, trying to get all sports in December - June would be a wild wild ride. I for one would jump on that ride if it mean getting all the sports in.

Horrible decision to play things like football. My work would not allow me to referee due to my job (supply chain). I wouldn't be able to go to meetings for work if I'm officiating contact sports with tons of people on a regular basis during the season. Sucks but I don't think it's really safe to do sports without a bubble right now & playing with no fans will destroy athletic departments

Horrible decision to play things like football. My work would not allow me to referee due to my job (supply chain). I wouldn't be able to go to meetings for work if I'm officiating contact sports with tons of people on a regular basis during the season. Sucks but I don't think it's really safe to do sports without a bubble right now & playing with no fans will destroy athletic departments
Then don't referee. Glad you aren't out there with the youth putting in work for no money

Yeah that sucks, your not going to be able to ref.
If not approved by Sept 4 all contact sports start dec 15.

You dont mean in parallel? It would still stagger fall-winter-spring just in a compressed time frame?

But, NOTHING IS DIFFERENT IN DECEMBER EXCEPT COLD.

You dont mean in parallel? It would still stagger fall-winter-spring just in a compressed time frame?

they have no schedule yet, my best guess would be something like maybe Illinois or New Mexico as I know they are condensing sports into the spring and end of winter

winter contact sports would be first is my assumption, followed by Fall and end with Spring

winter contact sports would be first is my assumption, followed by Fall and end with Spring

Duh, that makes sense. Going indoors everything will be worse from a health standpoint from what I hear.

SOLUTION: ALL HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES TO CEADAR POINT FOR THE OHSSA BUBBLE! Greatest event of their lives. More deaths than COVID probably with that much chaos.

Ok? If someone doesn't feel safe then stay home. It's not rocket science. Or would you rather that person ref even though there's a shortage? Can't have your cake and eat it too. Too many people on this board want that.
You want the entire bakery. Enough.

Saying my way or no way isn't exactly a viable option.

Ok? If someone doesn't feel safe then stay home. It's not rocket science. Or would you rather that person ref even though there's a shortage? Can't have your cake and eat it too. Too many people on this board want that.

Is it your duty to attack everyone on these threads that doesn't agree with you or what? Geez man. The guy simply said he wasn't able to ref because it put his occupation at risk. Hard to fault someone for that.

Is it your duty to attack everyone on these threads that doesn't agree with you or what? Geez man. The guy simply said he wasn't able to ref because it put his occupation at risk. Hard to fault someone for that.
No. Replying to those that continually attack my stance. They do it because my county is yellow and I stand by the fact that we will play football in the fall. Go ahead and look at their messages to me. It's about five of them. And they gang up on about 15 other people that don't agree either. But, please. Tell me how I'm wrong by telling Dock that if someone feels safe, then its okay to stay home.......