OHSAA Playoff ticket change.

Uh yeah. Q was why not a cut at the gate? And why we put up w/ it? Schools need it. And deserve it. Ohsaa does too but $1 is crap.

Schools get a cut of their presale tickets because they are sold to their hometown fans. How would the ticket people at the gate know who is buying tickets.....I'm assuming you're not advocating that they have to ask each and every person waiting in line if they are a fan of one of the participating schools. What then, ID? The lines would be ridiculously slow

Schools get a cut of their presale tickets because they are sold to their hometown fans. How would the ticket people at the gate know who is buying tickets.....I'm assuming you're not advocating that they have to ask each and every person waiting in line if they are a fan of one of the participating schools. What then, ID? The lines would be ridiculously slow

Of course not. I'm advocating the 2 schools split the same measly buck no matter where the fan at gate is from because the school and players deserve it.

Uh yeah. Q was why not a cut at the gate? And why we put up w/ it? Schools need it. And deserve it. Ohsaa does too but $1 is crap.

Giving schools extra for presale tickets makes sense. A good presale alleviates lines on game night and gives venues an idea of how many will be attending for planning purposes.

I’m baffled as to why you think this is a problem.

I'm baffled why your're baffled. Just an opinion dude not trying to solve the universe. Schools should get a cut at presale AND at the gate. That's all. It is their schools and their teams.

Its 2019. Ticket sales are done primarily on-line now for the majority of sporting and entertainment events. If anything OHSAA is late to the party. People just don't like change, and those with a sense of entitlement especially over react.
You evidently don't have any older fans that go to your teams games, or you don't care.......
As stirred stated we as well as others have older people attending our high schools games
many 70's , 80 's, even a couple men early 90's go the Marion Local games....... I highly
doubt they have the ability to mess with ordering on line then fiddling with an I - phone to
show their ticket at the gate....And your statement about 2019 and about time because
they all do it - well I don't think these same 70 -80 -90 year olds go the NFL games or
concerts of any kind ...... Like most said it should have been an option not a requirement to
order on line......

I highly
doubt they have the ability to mess with ordering on line

I thought I might as well try it but there's no instructions that I can see. You order, you confirm, you pay, THEN you find out how you get your tickets? No explanation at all that I could find. Why would I go through the process of paying when I'm not sure how the tickets are going to get to me? They're not getting to me by mail in time.

I imagine it is set-up to work out reasonably but I also imagine anyone remotely competent would put that explanation up front instead of leaving it a mystery. If they're that dumb, then they're dumb enough to not get the tickets to me on time.

You evidently don't have any older fans that go to your teams games, or you don't care.......
As stirred stated we as well as others have older people attending our high schools games
many 70's , 80 's, even a couple men early 90's go the Marion Local games....... I highly
doubt they have the ability to mess with ordering on line then fiddling with an I - phone to
show their ticket at the gate....And your statement about 2019 and about time because
they all do it - well I don't think these same 70 -80 -90 year olds go the NFL games or
concerts of any kind ...... Like most said it should have been an option not a requirement to
order on line......
I heard that you have to drive to Chickasaw to even get the interwebs since cassella tavern closed.

As stirred stated we as well as others have older people attending our high schools games many 70's , 80 's, even a couple men early 90's go the Marion Local games....... I highly doubt they have the ability to mess with ordering on line then fiddling with an I - phone to
show their ticket at the gate....And your statement about 2019 and about time because they all do it - well I don't think these same 70 -80 -90 year olds go the NFL games or concerts of any kind ...... Like most said it should have been an option not a requirement to order on line....
The age of any fan base doesn't figure into this. My guess is a 90 year old may need some help getting somewhere and purchasing a paper ticket. Or maybe you underestimate your older folks who are quite competent. In any case more commerce than ever happens on-line. The change has occurred. Deal with it.

I am fine with online Tix but they should keep the paper ones locally for the foreseeable future until it starts to dwindle.