OHSAA Playoff ticket change.

I am a Tiger season ticket holder but for this season the next 3 playoff games (if we win) should all be GA anyway. The only time this should be an issue is week 1 when Massillon is on the road at a smaller stadium. For this season I don’t think there will be an issue.
Ya so I was dead wrong on this...

OHSAA new ticket policy for Rounds 2, 3, and 4

For this year's OHSAA football playoff games for weeks 2, 3 and 4 the participating schools will not be provided tickets for presale. Tickets will be sold exclusively on-line at the OHSAA website (www.ohsaa.org/tickets) and not at the participating schools. The participating schools schools will receive $1 for each ticket sold online.

Tickets will be sold at the gate the day of the game but schools do not receive a percentage of those ticket sales.

For week 1 and the State Championship game, the participating schools will be provided tickets for presale as in prior years.
I am seeing evidence this information is incorrect.

I am seeing evidence this information is incorrect.
Well my post came directly from the OHSAA, Maybe they finally realized how stupid it was to try this and held back tickets for the school or the schools like Massillon and Perry bought 1500 each ahead of time knowing they would be gone quickly.

It would be interesting to see what their revenue was like for concessions and spirit wear during that season. Did they improve year to year in both of those? How big of a difference was it?

Then there is the longterm value added. How many kids sitting in the football stands will eventually become students at the school?

Not sure lowering the price to zero makes economic sense but maybe it does. The people in charge have a better grasp of their overall economic condition than we do from afar.

Well my post came directly from the OHSAA, Maybe they finally realized how stupid it was to try this and held back tickets for the school or the schools like Massillon and Perry bought 1500 each ahead of time knowing they would be gone quickly.
A determination was made by Sunday to hold back tickets from the online sale so they could be distributed to the schools. Perry's AD sent this message out Sunday evening.

I didn't mind buying them online personally. I spent an extra buck and some change to save myself a trip to the school. But I do understand some older folks not wanting to buy online or stand in line at the gate.

Ya so I was dead wrong on this...
A lesser man than me would say "I told you so." But told you so I did haha! Maybe in the future the OHSAA could work with various schools to allocate tickets in a way that gives parents and season ticket holders first dibs. This way you incentivize people to make a bigger investment in their local athletic departments.

I didn't mind buying them online personally. I spent an extra buck and some change to save myself a trip to the school. But I do understand some older folks not wanting to buy online or stand in line at the gate.

You didn't save yourself a trip to the school. The tickets could not be obtained at the school, that's the story as I understand it. You saved yourself what is probably going to be a long line at the game. I will probably save myself a long line at the game by not going to the game. Not that I don't usually buy the tickets at the game but since I expect almost all will be, I don't think I want to stand around until half-time to get into the game.

You didn't save yourself a trip to the school. The tickets could not be obtained at the school, that's the story as I understand it. You saved yourself what is probably going to be a long line at the game. I will probably save myself a long line at the game by not going to the game. Not that I don't usually buy the tickets at the game but since I expect almost all will be, I don't think I want to stand around until half-time to get into the game.
I bought my first rd tickets at the school and this week I sat on my butt and ordered them on my phone. I'd say that's saving me a trip to the school.

I bought my first rd tickets at the school and this week I sat on my butt and ordered them on my phone. I'd say that's saving me a trip to the school.

second round could not have been purchased at the school. You didn't save yourself a trip, OHSAA did by mandate. I agree for some it's nice to buy on-line, but agree more with those that feel it would have been a nice OPTION.

Massillon/Perry tickets were sold out in several minutes. The 1,500 sent to each school will be exhausted by the time team parents, band parents, administration and faculty buy theirs, there's not much left for the public in a small venue. I don't like buying the tickets on line because of the no limit to the amount one person can purchase. Bad for people like Perry/Massillon fans that would go if they could get a ticket. Lake is a nice stadium but it is small. I see the potential for a ton of problems getting two heated rivalries together in a small stadium, elbow to elbow. It's like holding the Ohio State/Michigan game at Kent State.

second round could not have been purchased at the school. You didn't save yourself a trip, OHSAA did by mandate. I agree for some it's nice to buy on-line, but agree more with those that feel it would have been a nice OPTION.
Obviously second rd couldn't be bought at the school. That's what this discussion is about lol. I actually said that to someone else today about buying online being an option. Either way a trip was saved for me lol.

2 concerns

1. all tickets will be scanned. This could cause delays getting people in.
2. Not all students (parents) have a credit or debt card.

Newark Catholic is selling their presale playoff tickets at the school tomorrow and Friday during school hours and at the men's stag tomorrow night and at the pep rally Friday night. This is per the A.D.'S announcement at school today.

Last edited:
OHSAA obviously did not think this through making tickets only available online at least they realized their mistake. Like other people have posted some if not a lot of elderly do not like going on the internet and using their credit cards. Most of them will still go to the game ( buying tix at the gate ) but the school would have lost out on the pre sale money.

A large portion of our fan base is older people and I would bet my last dollar most don’t even own a computer let alone have the capability to buy and pay for tickets on line and I would bet we are not alone.
Watch attendance plummet
No, they're not millenials so they won't give up the first obstacle they run into. Also, do you not know anyone over 50? My mom alone made Jeff Bezo's half a mill last year on her Amazon purchases!

Its 2019. Ticket sales are done primarily on-line now for the majority of sporting and entertainment events. If anything OHSAA is late to the party. People just don't like change, and those with a sense of entitlement especially over react.

Its 2019. Ticket sales are done primarily on-line now for the majority of sporting and entertainment events. If anything OHSAA is late to the party. People just don't like change, and those with a sense of entitlement especially over react.

Why would someone who is willing to go buy a ticket, "entitled?"

This is a capitalist country you're aware? People are expressing their product preference. This is how the process works here. Did you really think you were able to put anyone on the defensive with that comment? Any purpose at all?

With this being on-line and all, OHSAA should have a fairly accurate count of current ticket sales? Any announcements on how the new system is going?

There were quite a few schools that ended up selling presale at their school this week. I saw tweets and notices from almost every school here in NW Ohio about them having tickets at their school.

There were quite a few schools that ended up selling presale at their school this week. I saw tweets and notices from almost every school here in NW Ohio about them having tickets at their school.
What do the week 12 presale tickets look like? Are they normal tickets or ones similar to what you would get from purchasing online?