OHSAA Playoff ticket change.

I think that this is the common sense answer. Have family, season ticket holders, ect. have first dibs then what they dont sell after let's say tuesday immediately is open to the general public to buy online.
I am a Tiger season ticket holder but for this season the next 3 playoff games (if we win) should all be GA anyway. The only time this should be an issue is week 1 when Massillon is on the road at a smaller stadium. For this season I don’t think there will be an issue.

I am a Tiger season ticket holder but for this season the next 3 playoff games (if we win) should all be GA anyway. The only time this should be an issue is week 1 when Massillon is on the road at a smaller stadium. For this season I don’t think there will be an issue.
Until we are playing Hoban at Brunswick or Louisville lol.

I don't see why schools couldn't just buy 10 or 50 or 100 or so tickets online at a time and sell them for cash in the office.

Also, local businesses could do the same thing. Last year a grocery store bought playoff presale tickets from the school and sold them in store and also gave them away with a certain amount of groceries purchased. Businesses like that could probably buy them online and sell them for
cash or give them away with products/services. Then people who don't want to buy them online have a way of purchasing them

Last edited:
The biggest problem with selling tickets at the school is that they have to get the tickets TO THE SCHOOL. If a team plays round 1 on Saturday night, then Monday someone from the school needs to go to C-bus and get them. That's a lot of driving....expecially if you're a school like Edon in NW Ohio that's 3+ hours from Columbus. It's not feasible for the OHSAA to delivery tickets to 112 schools on Monday so they can have presale tickets to sell. I agree that some older people may not love this....but I would think that they'll find a way to get them. As far as buyjng them at the gate. So few games are sellouts....I doubt you'd have to get to the stadium 90 minutes early to be sure you'd get in.
Except they've always done it ?‍♂️

This doesn't make it more difficult on anybody. You either buy it online, which is easier for the vast majority of America, or you buy it in person day of to a location you were going to anyways, saving you a trip to the school. Games don't sell out, so there isn't any concern there. This doesn't inconvenience a soul looking to attend a game.
You going to drive an hour on the chance they have tickets at the gate? And even if they do you arent inconvenienced standing in a 45 minute line at the window?

Potential identity theft is an issue for some as well.

Have you ever waited in line to buy a ticket for a football game? I've waited in line up to 30 minutes to buy tickets at popular games. All those times I've waited, I wished that I had bought a ticket at the school.

Now there is going to be additional delays as each ticket needs to be scanned as they walk in. Sometimes technology makes things better, sometimes it makes things worse.

Just went to a game in Highland last week where they scanned tickets. It took almost 10 minutes between standing in line to buy and then in line to get scanned in because these fancy new tickets. There were only 10 people in front of me. Probably great for the school for tracking purposes. Not so great for the fans.

Like others have said, provide more opportunities. Do both for a while. Taking away a proven success in favor of something new isn't always a good thing.
Go to a Browns or Indians game as they fumble around trying to scan tickets and phones. It slows the line down considerably.

Yes, you and USA70PP have absolutely zero sense of what society prefers. I, along with thousands of other people who work with IT research data everyday, are 100% aware of what the vast majority of the public today prefers to do when conducting business like buying tickets. This is not my personal opinion, I'm not "telling everyone how to live their lives", I'm conveying what mountains of research says (and is readily apparent to anyone who is not a complete moron) in how an overwhelming majority of people today want to interact with business transactions. But I can see how someone who pumps gas for a living wouldn't have that insight.

Of course there will be some loud crybabies, who still like rotary phones and TVs with no remote, who feel they have to bore the rest of us with the fact that they are such rock heads that they can't adapt to the times and are such snowflakes that they don't like being told they have to do something differently now. There's a 3rd grade level reading book for people like you guys, it's called "Who Moved My Cheese".

Adjusting to what an overwhelming majority of society prefers is not a liberal vs conservative thing, but I get that since your talking points are so dumb and you feel embarrassed, that you feel like you have to throw in a different, completely irrelevant point to your post. If you could care less about how tickets are bought, shut the F up and stop clogging up the board with your useless, meathead crap.
You are indeed a work of art. I would have loved having you with me at times in West Pakistan, East Germany or Turkey on "business" so I could ask for your knowledge about "what the vast majority of the public today prefers to do when conducting business like buying tickets." You would have done well at Christians In Action.

Go to a Browns or Indians game as they fumble around trying to scan tickets and phones. It slows the line down considerably.
Twice in the last three weeks for me and those folks do it every week. A number of people had to go to the ticket office to fwt them printed off and then go back to the gates to get in

I don't see why schools couldn't just buy 10 or 50 or 100 or so tickets online at a time and sell them for cash in the office.

Also, local businesses could do the same thing. Last year a grocery store bought playoff presale tickets from the school and sold them in store and also gave them away with a certain amount of groceries purchased. Businesses like that could probably buy them online and sell them for
cash or give them away with products/services. Then people who don't want to buy them online have a way of purchasing them
Are these going to be paper tickets or will they be stored in an App? I ran into that issue this Fall when we went to Cedar Point. Their App was swamped and we had to wait over an hour to get in. We talked to 5 different people to solve the problem and we kept getting, "you just have to wait until the website is back up." If it can happen with a major tourist destination like Cedar Point, what is going to happen with a smaller business like this? Hopefully they will be mailing paper paper tickets but I couldn't tell based on the website.

Are these going to be paper tickets or will they be stored in an App? I ran into that issue this Fall when we went to Cedar Point. Their App was swamped and we had to wait over an hour to get in. We talked to 5 different people to solve the problem and we kept getting, "you just have to wait until the website is back up." If it can happen with a major tourist destination like Cedar Point, what is going to happen with a smaller business like this? Hopefully they will be mailing paper paper tickets but I couldn't tell based on the website.
Then if they mailed the tickets, you might not get them by game time on Friday, or Saturday. BTW I sent you a PM about the website. Don't know if you seen it yet

My guess is they will just come to the email address you provide at purchase, and I would assume they'll be printable, since I can't imagine each site will be able to scan bar codes. I think it's great, it's such a simple and hassle free way to buy tickets. It is almost 2020, people need to get with the times. I imagine most of the complaints will be from those Massillon fans who don't have computers ;)

This thread seems full of who still write checks at the grocery store. My god ppl, online ticket purchases are VASTLY preferred by a large majority of the public. Now I don't have to get in my car and drive to the HS just to get a pre-sale ticket before 430 when the athletic office closes, which was incredibly dumb and inconvenient.

Sure, it would make sense to still offer both options, but complaining about a move to modernize and catch up with the 21st century is for "get off my lawn" geezers who have absolutely no sense of what society is doing or prefers and thinks the world should revolve around them and their needs.
It's a price increase. Tickets were 8 before. If you buy them online you pay 9.53. If you get them at the gate you pay 9. It's bs

The lady at the gate at Northmor last night wasn't aware you would not be able to buy tickets at the school other than for round one. Northmor lost so it really doesn't matter for them this morning.

Especially when the revenue from the increase isn’t going to the ohsaa
Technically it is. You've take away the ability to get a 8 dollar ticket. If you get the ticket at the gate it's an extra dollar increase. It's actually cheaper to take the dollar increase at the gate over the 1.51 online

But yes the people online are paying the charge elsewherr if they want to pay more online than at the gate

Technically it is. You've take away the ability to get a 8 dollar ticket. If you get the ticket at the gate it's an extra dollar increase. It's actually cheaper to take the dollar increase at the gate over the 1.51 online

But yes the people online are paying the charge elsewherr if they want to pay more online than at the gate
The service charge would go to the company providing the service.

The service charge would go to the company providing the service.
The extra dollar at the gate would go to the ohsaa. And you pay less at the gate because of the bs service charge online.

Before you could pay 8 at the school

So yes the ohsaa gets more money. You either pay 9 at the gate on gameday or you pay more online in which case the ohsaaa gets 8 like before.

The extra dollar at the gate would go to the ohsaa. And you pay less at the gate because of the bs service charge online.

Before you could pay 8 at the school

So yes the ohsaa gets more money. You either pay 9 at the gate on gameday or you pay more online in which case the ohsaaa gets 8 like before.
??‍♂️ Far worse things in life

I just received two notices about pre-sale tickets for week 12. One was from my local school that pointed me to the OHSAA web site. The other was from the local county-wide news paper that had a notice that a different school in the county is indeed selling pre-sale tickets at their school. Not sure how they pull this off other than to buy a bunch of tickets from OHSAA, print them off and then sell the paper copies.

I purchased two tickets form the OHSAA web site. You can print the PDF format ticket. Or, they e-mail the tickets as well so I guess you could put them on your phone and use your phone to display the ticket as well.