OHSAA Playoff ticket change.

OHSAA is a business just like any other business. They made a move to lower their expenses with shipping physical tickets while also modernizing. Not hard to understand. Never would’ve thought so many people in an online message board would have such an aversion to the internet.

No one, na da has said they have an aversion to others having access to the internet payment method. So, another message boarder that reads in their head what they want to have been posted?

The concern, clearly stated is the lack of the original buy at school option. That makes it MORE difficult for some people. If nothing else, you have both systems as a proof-of-concept. They're playing with traditions. That's going to invite concern. Not too difficult to understand really.

As already mentioned by another, I've also seen paraphernailia sold at the point of ticket purchase at the school. Unlike another, I've never seen it at the gate of a neutral field. And why would anyone buy it there? They're bundled up. They're going to strip down, change shirts and bundle back up?

This doesn't make it more difficult on anybody. You either buy it online, which is easier for the vast majority of America, or you buy it in person day of to a location you were going to anyways, saving you a trip to the school. Games don't sell out, so there isn't any concern there. This doesn't inconvenience a soul looking to attend a game.

The schools don’t have any tickets for pre-sale. Everything is through the OHSAA WEBSITE. A lot of people won’t buy tickets online. And they damn sure aren’t going to stand in line at the ticket booth at the stadiums.

Plus some schools offer playoff tickets to parents of players, band and cheerleaders before the public sale. That is gone after this week.

Are you aware it's 2019? I've wanted an online option for years. This would sooner increase sales than decrease.

This doesn't make it more difficult on anybody. You either buy it online, which is easier for the vast majority of America, or you buy it in person day of to a location you were going to anyways, saving you a trip to the school. Games don't sell out, so there isn't any concern there. This doesn't inconvenience a soul looking to attend a game.
Have you ever waited in line to buy a ticket for a football game? I've waited in line up to 30 minutes to buy tickets at popular games. All those times I've waited, I wished that I had bought a ticket at the school.

Now there is going to be additional delays as each ticket needs to be scanned as they walk in. Sometimes technology makes things better, sometimes it makes things worse.

Just went to a game in Highland last week where they scanned tickets. It took almost 10 minutes between standing in line to buy and then in line to get scanned in because these fancy new tickets. There were only 10 people in front of me. Probably great for the school for tracking purposes. Not so great for the fans.

Like others have said, provide more opportunities. Do both for a while. Taking away a proven success in favor of something new isn't always a good thing.

A large portion of our fan base is older people and I would bet my last dollar most don’t even own a computer let alone have the capability to buy and pay for tickets on line and I would bet we are not alone.
Watch attendance plummet

Anything keeping the schools from stationing the athletic secretary in the athletic office to guide old folks and/or computer illiterates through process or, gulp, do it for them?

Incorrect. It's been $1 for years. You think schools would just jump on board with getting less in presale?
Incorrect. It's been $1 for years. You think schools would just jump on board with getting less in presale?
When was that change implemented? I find an expense form from 2016 that states the schools get $1.20/presale ticket at the regional games.

Is it different for certain sports? In looking around, Ft Loramie was stating on their school website they get $3 for every $7 presale ticket in the spring of 2018.

For the longest of times, football was 20% and that is pretty much what it says in 2016 for football.

Do they still give parents, and fans of the school first priority before releasing to the general public? Say you have Massillon vs Hoover at Hoover in the 1st round at Hoover how do they ensure Hoover fans get their 50% of the tickets?

When was that change implemented? I find an expense form from 2016 that states the schools get $1.20/presale ticket at the regional games.

Is it different for certain sports? In looking around, Ft Loramie was stating on their school website they get $3 for every $7 presale ticket in the spring of 2018.

For the longest of times, football was 20% and that is pretty much what it says in 2016 for football.

At one point, I do believe schools got 20% of the presale (IIRC, when presale was $7, schools were getting $1.40). It eventually dropped to 15% which would be the $1.20 per ticket on that 2016 expense form (At that time, presale tickets were $8, $10 at the gate).

As for Loramie getting $3 on every ticket they sold in spring of 2018, I can't speak to that. Was that for baseball? What round of the tournament was it?

Do they still give parents, and fans of the school first priority before releasing to the general public? Say you have Massillon vs Hoover at Hoover in the 1st round at Hoover how do they ensure Hoover fans get their 50% of the tickets?

I'm guessing this is the reason they didn't do this for the first round games.

But this is the bigger problem with this decision. For those few games that will sell out or close to it. It doesn't give there to be a 50-50 split. You have a team with an an excited fan base and they might end up with 75-80% of the tickets. Not to mention any problems with fans intermixed among each other.

Under this new setup, the OHSAA is basically acknowledging that they're not worried about it since MOST playoff games aren't coming close to selling out anymore. Anyone who wants a ticket stands a good chance of being able to get a ticket.

At one point, I do believe schools got 20% of the presale (IIRC, when presale was $7, schools were getting $1.40). It eventually dropped to 15% which would be the $1.20 per ticket on that 2016 expense form (At that time, presale tickets were $8, $10 at the gate).

As for Loramie getting $3 on every ticket they sold in spring of 2018, I can't speak to that. Was that for baseball? What round of the tournament was it?
Basketball. Sectionals maybe. Not interested enough to find it again!

Basketball. Sectionals maybe. Not interested enough to find it again!
That's a different situation since the individual District boards operate their sectional and district tournaments. Money from that level of the tournament goes to the District Board and not the OHSAA Board of Directors, so they can make their own financial arrangements with the schools.

Usually you'd give $ to a student to get the tickets for you. At least that's how the few presale tickets in Indiana worked when I was a kid. I'd have to buy a bunch of tickets at school with them money my parents & others gave to me. Thus no one but the student riding the bus had to make a trip.

Are you aware it's 2019? I've wanted an online option for years. This would sooner increase sales than decrease.
Of course I am aware what year it is. I buy tickets online for a lot of events. I was simply putting this out their for discussion. This is a website to discuss things isn’t it?

Those same s contributed making this country free and great. Show some respect.No sense of what society is doing or prefers ? So you know what is best for everyone and telling people how they should live their lives ? Typical liberal and it shows. You are probabvly the type who was picked on as a kid,went to college and was told by a professor to blame all your failures on everyone else. Oh and I could care less about how someone buys their playoff tickets either. Stop being a d***.

Yes, you and USA70PP have absolutely zero sense of what society prefers. I, along with thousands of other people who work with IT research data everyday, are 100% aware of what the vast majority of the public today prefers to do when conducting business like buying tickets. This is not my personal opinion, I'm not "telling everyone how to live their lives", I'm conveying what mountains of research says (and is readily apparent to anyone who is not a complete moron) in how an overwhelming majority of people today want to interact with business transactions. But I can see how someone who pumps gas for a living wouldn't have that insight.

Of course there will be some loud crybabies, who still like rotary phones and TVs with no remote, who feel they have to bore the rest of us with the fact that they are such rock heads that they can't adapt to the times and are such snowflakes that they don't like being told they have to do something differently now. There's a 3rd grade level reading book for people like you guys, it's called "Who Moved My Cheese".

Adjusting to what an overwhelming majority of society prefers is not a liberal vs conservative thing, but I get that since your talking points are so dumb and you feel embarrassed, that you feel like you have to throw in a different, completely irrelevant point to your post. If you could care less about how tickets are bought, shut the F up and stop clogging up the board with your useless, meathead crap.

Forcing old, often disabled ppl to stand in line in freezing weather is not cool. As Yappi said, why not do both?. If distribution is expensive, have a pick up point for school officials to drive to and collect the tickets in person.

Not everyone has access to help with tech. The elderly are often veterans too, and should be shown some respect. Just because many are too old to grasp tech doesn't make them less of a person.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Anything keeping the schools from stationing the athletic secretary in the athletic office to guide old folks and/or computer illiterates through process or, gulp, do it for them?

Athletic Secretary?o_O I don't think you're the one to make a claim others are out of touch. ;)

You're right. ANY inconvenience can probably be overcome. But they would have been wise to see how many would choose not to before implementing an all-in. And yes, there are people without access to a computer. Only STUPID would suggest going to a public computer to put in a credit card order. And again, High School. Kids. No means to order. Point of sale at the high school is a means to organize student groups, sell shirts, rally excitement... And as some have mentioned, doesn't seem to have been a lot of transparency or purpose. Serously difficult to follow that sending tickets to a school is a major expense in this Amazon age. Tech arguments can work against, too.