OHSAA Official Announcement: OHSAA Fall Sports Practices Begin Saturday

If there is a go head to play on the 24th here are a few teams I fully expect to play that next week.
Massillon
Hoban
St Edward
St Ignatius
Mentor
Avon

HD can say whatever. Your elite programs will play. If there is 6-10 left, they will play each other

Benedictine and Walsh will play. Most all private schools and your top few diehard public schools. Some of these teams will continue to practice and will be ready if DeWine gives the go head.
Do you think that having had success in winning games in the past will be a determining factor in whether or not schools allow their kids to play?

How stupid are people here?

This is just a move so OHSAA pushes:

1. School districts to try to push back sports because others are doing it (most unlikely scenario)

2. 20 more days for districts and conferences to call it quits, for now, and it’s not OHSAA or the governor forcing it to happen, it’s the districts doing so. (most likely scenario).

Let’s be real. If there is a 1/3 of the state not playing, it’s more likely an option where the whole state can play this Spring is most likely compared to the latter.

Attachments

• EA22BB1C-2F9B-4F3F-AF70-8EA00598EF4B.jpeg
    EA22BB1C-2F9B-4F3F-AF70-8EA00598EF4B.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 5
If there is a go head to play on the 24th here are a few teams I fully expect to play that next week.
Massillon
Hoban
St Edward
St Ignatius
Mentor
Avon

HD can say whatever. Your elite programs will play. If there is 6-10 left, they will play each other

Benedictine and Walsh will play. Most all private schools and your top few diehard public schools. Some of these teams will continue to practice and will be ready if DeWine gives the go head.

Nobody will go against the Health Boards recommendations. The school's insurance won't allow it.

Do you think that having had success in winning games in the past will be a determining factor in whether or not schools allow their kids to play?

I think these schools are wired different. Football is the top priority and is a way of life, which translates to wins. Kirtland is on that list also.

I think these schools are wired different. Football is the top priority and is a way of life, which translates to wins. Kirtland is on that list also.

If you think these schools are not kicking off tomorrow, and next week there not hitting each other In team, Practicing in full pads, with all do respect, would be wrong. These schools it would take the Gov to shut it down. They will stay ready as long as OHSAA gives them the go, which they did.

If you think these schools are not kicking off tomorrow, and next week there not hitting each other In team, Practicing in full pads, with all do respect, would be wrong. These schools it would take the Gov to shut it down. They will stay ready as long as OHSAA gives them the go, which they did.
They have the go-ahead to practice. Those schools and many, many others will also take advantage of that.

What plan? I would be willing to bet a good amount that there will be no spring football in Ohio. It’s not happening.
I tend to agree with this. I just can't see the schools wanting to completely upend everything to get a few games in the Spring. If it doesn't happen in the fall, it doesn't happen. It sucks, but many had to deal with it in the Spring and the kids moved on.

Let's hope all the schools who decide to play in the fall get their protocols in place and do everything they can to protect the kids AND ADULTS involved so they can start and finish the season with no interruption.

-CardinalsFan

I think the Friday night news dump is the first bullet point of page two. They gloss over it by saying everything starts 8/1, but then the real news is we have a deadline now for sports to happen or be delayed until December. That's the story.

Says me based upon basic logic and common sense. Keep the hope alive 82, but if you want a football season in the 2020-2021 school year you better hope fall football happens in some form.
It will happen in the spring.
• If contact sports are not approved for school vs. school competition by Friday, September 4, fall contact sports and remaining winter and spring sports will move to a condensed schedule that will take place between mid‐ December and the end of June.

How much ? ?

I’m game, give me your amount, you can PM me if you want. I‘ve done pretty well the last three and a half years thanks to the Orange Man, despite the Red China Virus. If Alzheimers Joe wins the election and consequently the Marxist take over the bet will probably be worthless however.

The fact that you think spring football is a realistic possibility is pretty funny nonetheless.

Last edited:
As it stands right now ... some schools will be playing week 1 ... some will start week 6 ... and some will not play at all ... what a cluster!

God. So many dumb people on here.

Soccer is supposed to start vs other schools on 8/21. If that happens, then football will be a go. Will that happen? Absolutely not.

“Some football schools are wired different”. Go ask Trotwood about that.

Look, no way conferences and ADs screw each other over and allow some schools to play and others not. Football coach meeting with Husted on Tuesday is about Spring Football. Which is also, not happening. Many ADs have mentioned it was too late in the game for it.

“Hey some schools can play in October though”, complete unfair advantage for schools not cancelling at all. That ain’t happening either.

Regardless, cold and flu season and comes in October, numbers will be worse, more people will be getting tested. 2 person “outbreaks” will be all over.

Get with the reality people. No one is playing. At least OSU and NFL might.

Soccer is supposed to start vs other schools on 8/21. If that happens, then football will be a go. Will that happen? Absolutely not.

Look, no way conferences and ADs screw each other over and allow some schools to play and others not. Football coach meeting with Husted on Tuesday is about Spring Football. Which is also, not happening. Many ADs have mentioned it was too late in the game for it.

“Hey some schools can play in October though”, complete unfair advantage for schools not cancelling at all. That ain’t happening either.

Regardless, cold and flu season and comes in October, numbers will be worse, more people will be getting tested. 2 person “outbreaks” will be all over.

how many football coaches coach track? How many cross country coaches coach track? Forcing these coaches to give up one over the other is wrong. The same for athletes as well.

Also, you know there will be coaches that will push their sports to athletes over another. That will detrimental to the future of a schools athletics as a whole when you are trying to promote multi-season athletes.

I don’t even want to start with the logistics of planning for this as well.

Next Thursday is a huge meeting and decision point.
so what is the difference between making a decision now or 7 days from now..... to play football, you got to practice, to get in shape and to prevent INJURIES..... you think that cherry pie eating Dewine knows that? you think his right hand man Husted would tell him that, if i remember , he was a pretty good football player back in the day.....

So the plan is full steam ahead? If this is the actual end game, why in the world would they keep going. Lol

Dint know. Was just told yesterday, from the horses mouth, that next Thursday is a high level meeting between med professionals from the Children's Hospital and Govt officials....
so what is the difference between making a decision now or 7 days from now..... to play football, you got to practice, to get in shape and to prevent INJURIES..... you think that cherry pie eating Dewine knows that? you think his right hand man Husted would tell him that, if i remember , he was a pretty good football player back in the day.....

I don’t even think the major colleges and the NFL can pull it off. As you said, maybe they can, but it seems unlikely they can do it under current conditions. There is no way, IMO, it can be done for HS football this Fall. I love HS football, but I don’t think it’s happening in 2020. The plug will be pulled soon.

So the plan is full steam ahead? If this is the actual end game, why in the world would they keep going. Lol

OHSAA is saving face. Nothing else to it. Then again not understanding how they all are establishing rules now when three weeks ago they said all the dealt with was the postseason.

how many football coaches coach track? How many cross country coaches coach track? Forcing these coaches to give up one over the other is wrong. The same for athletes as well.

Also, you know there will be coaches that will push their sports to athletes over another. That will detrimental to the future of a schools athletics as a whole when you are trying to promote multi-season athletes.

I don’t even want to start with the logistics of planning for this as well.
I don't really like the argument to be made is: Well there's bad coaches, so we should make sure to cater to them.

I’m game, give me your amount, you can PM me if you want. I‘ve done pretty well the last three and a half years thanks to the Orange Man, despite the Red China Virus. If Alzheimers Joe wins the election and consequently the Marxist take over the bet will probably be worthless however.

The fact that you think spring football is a realistic possibility is pretty funny nonetheless.
But he didn't say spring football is a realistic possibility. He said -

• If contact sports are not approved for school vs. school competition by Friday, September 4, fall contact sports and remaining winter and spring sports will move to a condensed schedule that will take place between mid‐ December and the end of June.

This helps nothing. More sickness in the winter and spring. Play while we can.

What risks are removed in winter spring than now? Dumb decesion.

No when one of the schools that goes against the "Recommendation" and something happens. OHSAA's not going to let half the schools go ahead. You're crazy if you believe that.
OHSAA isn’t making the call on recommendations from county officials. If someone wants to sue their health department for making recommendations then good luck with that.