OHSAA NIL Proposal

This tOSU recruit at Lakota West is upset he'll have to wait until he gets to Columbus before he can sign his NIL deal. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...ts-nil-deal-hold-after-ohsaa-vote/9809109002/

How is a business going to make money using a junior in high school's "Name, Image, Likeness" to make money? Who wants to give this kid money, and for what? "Made Up Business" wants to give Hartford a NIL deal, and what do they get in return?

Is the answer him signing a national letter of intent to play for Ohio St.? bingo "pay to play"

There’s always IMG. I respect him being a capitalist, but we can’t have pay for play in HS.
If he's as intelligent as the article says--and there's no reason to believe he's not--I wonder if he considered reclassifying. While I wouldn't want to have missed any of my high school days, I think we will see more players especially in this NCAA NIL era who graduate early to capitalize on their 4/5 star recruit notoriety. Many players reach the height of their popularity and name recognition during the recruiting and NLI signing process. Once you get on campus, though, quite a few of those guys get buried on the depth chart for a year or two.

Watching St Thomas Aquinas vs St Joe Prep on ESPN, the announcers just so casually mention how Aquinas has multiple star players who transferred in.

Everyone knows I’m not a traditionalist, I want kids from all over the city to come to Elder. That said, there’s a big difference bw bringing in kids as Freshman and bringing in upper class men transfers who are established studs.The OHSAA does a lot wrong, but they do a good job keeping schools from building these super teams.