OHSAA Mindset About XC

first

I just thought it was not only odd, but a smack in the face of Cross Country for the announcer Saturday to refer to "our great sport of Cross County and Track". Last time I checked we have one coaches association, but they are two different sports. I believe too often the OHSAA views the two sports as one of the same which is just too bad.

ENA

Not 100% sure, but I think the announcer was referring to an award winner as for being a major contributor "to our great sports of cross country and track".

I do agree that often the OHSAA and much of the public lump the two sports together. The ignorance is obvious, but I don't think this was a blatant display of that ignorance.

Not sure if during the races was the right time to present such awards.

panott

Not 100% sure, but I think the announcer was referring to an award winner as for being a major contributor "to our great sports of cross country and track".

I do agree that often the OHSAA and much of the public lump the two sports together. The ignorance is obvious, but I don't think this was a blatant display of that ignorance.

Not sure if during the races was the right time to present such awards.
It definitely was not meant to be a smack in the face for Cross Country. I believe the announcer was the old St. Iggy coach who won their first three State Championships