OHSAA Memo To Member Schools Dissects Governor DeWine's Re-opening Of Sports

Yes, because that is an extremely small number. There are lot more students with severe learning disabilities in school than being home schooled.

The fact that you don't know what you are talking about is not a reflection on me.
Dude stop. Calling someone's right to home school, for whatever reason but especially due to severe learning disabilities, bigoted is in and of itself bigoted because it goes against your own beliefs. If you're going to use a word at least understand its meaning. Again, thank God you aren't teaching my kids.

Do you have your head buried in the sand? Do you not read the papers or watch the news? Pro sports are going to open with zero fans allowed. The only revenue they will generate is through merchandise sales and broadcasting contracts. High school sports will have zero fans allowed if they play and will not have television contracts. School districts will either lose money by allowing sports or will raise pay to participate fees to unaffordable levels. Either way, high school sports are not generating revenue.
Fans will be in the stands by football season.

What do colleges, who are trying to stem the loss of tuition by saying they plan to be on-campus this fall, have to do with the Ohio Dept. of Ed and the Ohio Dept. of Health’s consideration if it’s safe for schools to be back in session?
If you think the protests are bad now try to keep this nonsense going into the fall.

"Constant" testing. That's hilarious. The rest is bigoted nonsense.

112 standardized tests

From Kindergarten to 12th grade, students participate in required test taking. In that amount of time, the average student takes 112 standardized tests

Last edited:

112 standardized tests

From Kindergarten to 12th grade, students participate in required test taking. In that amount of time, the average student takes 112 standardized tests
So something that happens on average once every four weeks is "constant."

Fire, tornado, and lock down drills combined occur more frequently. They must be even more "constant."

So something that happens on average once every four weeks is "constant."

Fire, tornado, and lock down drills combined occur more frequently. They must be even more "constant."

Are you figuring in the class time it takes to prepare for the exams? Class time that could be used for actual instruction? Of course you didn't.

On average, teachers estimate spending 14 days preparing students for state-mandated exams, and 12 days for district-mandated exams.
Of course, not all test prep is created equal. It can mean many things, some good, some not so good. The CEP report defines it as “drilling students on specific content and skills covered on the tests, using practice tests, and/or teaching test-taking skills like time-management and pacing.”
Test prep is especially prevalent in high-poverty and medium-poverty schools, according to the survey. Thirty-six percent of teachers spend at least a month on test prep for state-mandated exams, for example. By contrast, the figure is 23 percent in low-poverty schools.

According to a study by the Council of the Great City Schools, students spend 20 to 25 hours a year taking standardized tests.

How much time is spent on fire drills? 20-25 hrs per yr?

Rapid dismissal ( sometimes fire drills) are once per month, but not always fire drills. Lock down drills are mandated once per semester. Tornado drills are only in the spring and may be done twice ( three times at most). But, nice try. Any reaction to the 67% and 51% homeschool for religious or moral reasons?

Last edited:
What do you mean by " scare tactics"? Why would " they" want to deliberately shut down businesses and close schools? What rationale could they possibly have? The way the disease is transmitted has been well documented, as have the ways of slowing it down.
The impact of the virus has been well documented as well...for the vast majority of the population its mild.

No we are not, and that's not what I said.

In any case, that's your whole plan??? No need for any of the protocols mentioned, and just let unconcerned parents like you (you have a kid playing right???) form teams on a volunteer basis and assume all risk all on their own, absent strict guidelines. You must watch ALOT of Fox to have such an inflated view of yourselves.

My son plays basketball, my daughter volleyball. No way would they play under your "fake news" caution to the wind leadership, but I realize that will not be the case. At least in Ohio.
The data is out there. It's barely a blip on the radar for people in this age group. Are you this scared of the flu?

Are you figuring in the class time it takes to prepare for the exams?
Yes.

I knew plenty of teachers who complained about being forced to "teach to the test" and they could sure exaggerate how much time they were forced to "waste." I always figured that I was hired to do a job and the people who paid me had a right to require me teach certain things. So I did that as best I could, and mastery of the content is by far the most important element of success on any test. As far as test taking skills I always included the type of questions that would be on the mandated test in my tests or class assignments so that when the "high pressure test" came along my students were doing what they had been doing all year long anyway. Pretty simple concept really.

You can always spot the students of those teachers who spend a lot of class time complaining or are half-panicked by the whole concept because their students will often reflect that. That's just preparing to fail. Not much of a game plan.

Last edited:
Dude stop. Calling someone's right to home school, for whatever reason but especially due to severe learning disabilities, bigoted is in and of itself bigoted because it goes against your own beliefs. If you're going to use a word at least understand its meaning. Again, thank God you aren't teaching my kids.
I support home schooling. I think it's a good idea.

Your opinions are bigoted because you don't know what you are talking about. And I'm glad I'm not teaching your kids too. Who would want to deal with you?

I support home schooling. I think it's a good idea.

Your opinions are bigoted because you don't know what you are talking about. And I'm glad I'm not teaching your kids too. Who would want to deal with you?
Lol. It's literally like arguing with a two year old.