OHSAA Meeting with State Championship Participants at 11:30 (Moving Games to Massillon)

The stars are aligning for the Massillon Tigers. It's a dream come true, Win your first state title at your home stadium. I love it.

And if they don't win, that's a pretty big matzah ball hanging out there.
Don't worry! The Tigers will win this one for Paul Brown and everything he did for Massillon. It's payback time. The celebration in downtown Massillon will be the party of the century when the Tigers pull this off. I'm rooting for them all the way.

Why would anyone be making hotel arrangements for Columbus? There’s no general admission sales, the longest drive for spectators would’ve been 2.5 hours, and there’s nothing in Columbus/Obetz open to make spectators want to stick around longer than for the focus of the trip (the state championship.)
the opportunity to stay at a Motel 6...... if you have a chance......

They just put Franklin county in the Purple level 200.
Only leave the house for essential items.

Yall are n a s t y!

Just in time for Thanksgiving.
Thanks Dictator.

Don't worry! The Tigers will win this one for Paul Brown and everything he did for Massillon. It's payback time. The celebration in downtown Massillon will be the party of the century when the Tigers pull this off. I'm rooting for them all the way.
Thanks Lancermania, heck come on up and join in the largest protest rally movement this side of the Mississippi !!!!

Memories of demolition derbies and figure-eight boat trailer racing at Columbus Motor Speedway are still alive in the air, though! Good times!
Finally, someone remembers what that place used to be ! Loved going down there to watch the races around the circle track !!

I am def sure that playing in Massillon doesn't faze Hoban one bit Nor did it last yr when we had to play them at Akron U. The field is still the same size and the goal posts are the same length. ( Not like the old Rubber Bowl ! )

Seriously even call Ohio Wesleyan. I'm sure Selby isn't being used. Even in a pinch, that'd be a better option
Since Ohio Wesleyan isn't even playing this year what makes you think that they would foot the bill and open everything up for 6 high school games ?
Also, do they have a volunteer staff and the room to safely hold all of the teams arriving ?

A couple tidbits from a radio interview I just heard with Tim Stried from the OHSAA.

- The choice given to OHSAA was Obetz with zero fans or move the games.
- A few alternate sites were in the mix, Piqua and Northmont among them; with 7 NE Ohio schools playing, Massillon was the choice.
- Massillon still has a waiver in place to allow a few more fans. Total will be in the 1,750 range.
- The OSHAA will attempt to assist schools financially with travel costs (hotels).

I am def sure that playing in Massillon doesn't faze Hoban one bit Nor did it last yr when we had to play them at Akron U. The field is still the same size and the goal posts are the same length. ( Not like the old Rubber Bowl ! )
and each school allowed for 750 fans each.......

Some of these schools at the last minute, will now have to make hotel arraignments, I doubt a football team is going to want to drive 3.5 hrs. in the morning than want to play a football game that afternoon.
havent heard what the Cards are doing.... but i would think that the Cavs will make the drive up that Sunday

Since Ohio Wesleyan isn't even playing this year what makes you think that they would foot the bill and open everything up for 6 high school games ?
Also, do they have a volunteer staff and the room to safely hold all of the teams arriving ?
Selby = great stadium! But, Ohio Wesleyan = basically no parking and no one willing to staff.

• Crazy that Massillon was just asked this morning
  • No school for Massillon tomorrow in order to remove traffic for New Bremen and Warren JFK, but also for the safety of Massillon's kids

Saved image from Tweetium (11).jpg

Some of these schools at the last minute, will now have to make hotel arraignments, I doubt a football team is going to want to drive 3.5 hrs. in the morning than want to play a football game that afternoon.
That was a tongue in cheek joke because someone replied to me with that earlier in this thread when I pointed out VW, New Bremen and Coldwater are going to have to travel 3.5 and over hours.