OHSAA Ice Hockey 2020

CincySport99

At least for the moment it look's like we're going to have a 2020-21 season. Looks like all signs moving forward that the state is going to get looser rather than tighter. With that beings said- what're the thoughts on the season?
Personally-

Toledo area- gotta think this will be Northview's year but you never know. My team to watch up there is BG, they had an underclassman heavy team and made a nice little run at the district tournament last season.
District Champ- Northview

Brooklyn- obviously St. I's is the heavy favorite. But can anyone give them a game this year? Can St. Ed's give them a challenge? Any public schools that can hang tough like Rocky River, Strongsville or Amherst?
District Champ- Iggy

Columbus- Looks to be a wide open year in Columbus, UA losing a few stud pieces but returning maybe the best goalie in the state. St. Charles will be improved, Dublin Jerome is always a threat. New Albany has a stud goalie and a decent returning cast. Should be a complete crap shoot to see who comes out of the district. I think UA will be hungry after the early knockout last season but that's a tough district to win. Underdogs to keep an eye on are Moeller and Talawanda out of the cincy area, both should be able to compete with the Columbus schools.
District Champ- St. Charles

Kent- KSU ice arena being down... hopefully that gets sorted out before we get the season going. What a great venue for the district tournament. What's the early word in this district? Would love to see some public schools make a run this year. Mentor or Shaker advancing would be nice. Gotta think Gilmour is the favorite but not sure if US is going to return to the normal US this season.
District Champ- Shaker Hts.

Season's just a month away!

I'm excited to see the Cats. They lost pretty much everyone from last year which was their most talented team ever . Lots of good, young talent but we'll see if they perform.

Please let there be a season!

Ed's will have a strong team and with Ignatius losing much of their Varsity to graduation, I think they will compete really well. Year 2 with a new coach.

Heard U.S. got some stud goalie from Quebec, that should help their chances.

I feel like Ignatius lost a lot to graduation so this might be the best chance anyone has had in the last 5-6 years to win the Brooklyn district.

After weekend #1
Gilmour vs. Upper Arlington- Lancers 3-1
Olentangy-Liberty vs. Upper Arlington- UA 4-3
St. Charles vs. St. Johns- Cards 3-1
St. Charles vs. Findlay- Trojans 4-1
St. Eds/ New Albany- St. Eds 7-1
St. Eds/Moeller- Eds 4-0
US vs. Moeller- Heard US won big? Not sure on score
Springboro vs. Gahanna- Panthers 7-1
Talawanda vs. Thomas Worthington- Braves 6-1
Anthony Wayne vs. Avon Lake- A.Wayne 6-1
Northview vs. Trenton (MI) - NV 10-1
Walsh Jesuit vs. Rocky River- RR 4-1
Alter vs. Troy - Alter 11-0

Just from the look of things:
- St. Eds looks tough, NA has good goaltending and so does Moeller.
- Gilmour taking UA this early in the year. Looked like a good game
- Findlay upsets St. Charles, how good are the Trojans?

Big games for weekend #2
St. Eds vs. DeleSalle
St. Iggy's vs. Olentangy Liberty
Moeller vs. NKY 2x
Talawanda vs. Olentangy-Berlin
Northview vs. St. Charles
Northview vs. Upper Arlington

any others?

Should be a great tournament this upcoming weekend at Strongsville. Toledo St. Francis, St. Ed's, US, Toledo St. John's, Sylvania Northview, Columbus St. Charles, Upper Arlington, Olentangy Liberty and Findlay will all be there! Ed's and St. Francis play Friday, in this young season they look like two of the teams to beat.

Padua Holiday Tournament had to get canceled but St. Ed's has rescheduled games against St. John's, St. Francis and Upper Arlington for the weekend.

Any good tournaments this weekend?
I know the Pioneer Classic is happening at Chiller North (24 teams) mostly locals. Looks like the varsity A will have
Orange, North Royalton, T. Worthington, Newark, Berlin, Talawanda, Canton/Akron and Westerville.
Orange should take care of business here.