Ohsaa Fires Snodgrass

I thought he was only invested in football and didn’t really care about other sports. I had heard the state lost lots of money moving the football title games to Columbus and that was 1 thing the board didn’t like?

Jerry Snodgrass out as Ohio High School Athletic Association executive director
My opinion is that you can stick a fork into sports. Home school and start the club related activities. The educational community is on the brink. Parents better start preparing imo. They educational system can't survive Covid. You should be asking yourselves why Snodgrass is out. There was a plan to move forward with sports. Let's see what happens now.

My opinion is that you can stick a fork into sports. Home school and start the club related activities. The educational community is on the brink. Parents better start preparing imo. They educational system can't survive Covid. You should be asking yourselves why Snodgrass is out. There was a plan to move forward with sports. Let's see what happens now.
Club could get really good if that need to be the case.

When college athletics(Ivy League)cancel all Fall sports, you can bet your @ss the rest will fall in line.
How many of high school and college wrestlers wanted to wrestle last years tournament? They aren't at serious risk with Covid. I can personally cut the educational system and Government a little slack for last year. But given what we know now we are punishing the young. Clubs need to get started. U9 to u18. Then put them into the national system. Folk style may take a hit but who knows. This is about individual freedom and the educational system can't provide it. These educators are looking for reasons to say no imo.

So a young person, lets say 28 years old heads to emergency room. He is sick and feels like sheet. Is a hospital going to send him home if he test Covid positive? If they send him home and God forbid he would die what would happen? Is the hospital going to be very cautious? Um lawsuits -----I think the educators might have the same line of thinking. Additionally the teachers are fearful of Covid. The whole situation is one big cluster of bunk. One answer for the whole situation. Parents educate children from home and use various clubs socializing and hard learning skills. Single household will have a tough time but the private sector will step up to fill needs. Blow up the educational systems. K-12 and colleges have become big business political motivators.

Do some research and come to your own conclusion.

Covid statistics are now political. Imo. 60,000 cases +/-.in Ohio You would assume that is the results of 60,000 infected people. Nope !!! If a test is administered and it comes back positive it's added to the total results. This means multiple test for a single individual are added.

Last Saturday or Sunday there were 0 deaths in Ohio. The data manipulation and constant change of reporting methods are nauseating.

Here's one statistic that you can't manipulate. There have been 0 deaths for ages 0 to 18 in Ohio.

the teachers (not all) want to stay home and get paid like they did in the spring time
You are dead wrong, I will be beyond upset if I am not back in the classroom, as are many of my fellow teachers. Distance learning and online learning does not work for the majority of students and we want to be back in the classroom so kids can learn. Next time talk to a teacher before making an asinine statement.

You are dead wrong, I will be beyond upset if I am not back in the classroom, as are many of my fellow teachers. Distance learning and online learning does not work for the majority of students and we want to be back in the classroom so kids can learn. Next time talk to a teacher before making an asinine statement.

Don't be naive please.

This is my opinion based on what I've read and heard, most teachers want to go back, some do not. Teachers unions/leadership seem to be not wanting to go back for political reasons - whether it's election politics or labor relations politics. The media is obvious going to play into the tone of those that don't want to go back because it fits their agenda and provides them more juicy stories for consumption.

This is my opinion based on what I've read and heard, most teachers want to go back, some do not. Teachers unions/leadership seem to be not wanting to go back for political reasons - whether it's election politics or labor relations politics. The media is obvious going to play into the tone of those that don't want to go back because it fits their agenda and provides them more juicy stories for consumption.
Bucks,

Well stated and I am with you on all accounts.

95% want to go back. 5% lazy ones don’t. Ohio will go back

So, you are saying all those that don't want to go back are lazy? Seems like there could be very good, legitimate reasons for some to not want to go back outside of laziness.

Patriot League (EIWA) just cancelled Fall sports...

This is not good... I think we can all agree that without football, wrestling is in danger... not just for the season, but many programs from an athletic department standpoint. The EIWA is made of some of the top schools in the world. They may not be able to compete with the Big 10 or SEC on the field, but they do carry a lot of weight off.

Coach Root

I listened to Paul Feinstein speak on this (I don't agree with him on a lot, but he's a very smart guy) and he was speaking of Ivy league cancelling, and EIWA is along the same lines.... It's the NFL of college Presidents. The ivy league heads are mentors of the heads in all other universities. When they make decisions, it's because they have some of the smartest people in the world with a ton of research at their disposal by some of the smartest people in the world... So unfortunately I feel all conferences will follow suit, as said above just like March.

I listened to Paul Feinstein speak on this (I don't agree with him on a lot, but he's a very smart guy) and he was speaking of Ivy league cancelling, and EIWA is along the same lines.... It's the NFL of college Presidents. The ivy league heads are mentors of the heads in all other universities. When they make decisions, it's because they have some of the smartest people in the world with a ton of research at their disposal by some of the smartest people in the world... So unfortunately I feel all conferences will follow suit, as said above just like March.
I don’t disagree unfortunately. That said, one point of hope is that some of the other conferences have A LOT MORE money on the line....just sayin’.....

But they are very political and elitist not to be trusted.

But they are very political and elitist not to be trusted.

Wasn't gonna go there, but ya think? Lol... There's been few members of Congress and few presidents go through the ivy league, but I'm sure there's no politics there SMH... And Doubleboots you are spot on as well. But as non revenue as the revenue sports (football) are in the ivy, they still have a huge finger in the NCAA pie

Every teacher I work with and know personally wants to be back. However, there are still a lot of concerns and reservations about going back due to the pandemic. Safety should be the top priority.
Safety for who Coach? All current data suggests kids are just fine. Your only young once, youth experience has a profound impact on the adult life. I don't believe our current educational system is equipped to handle Covid. These are difficult times but life is difficult. Leaders figure it out and are successful. I want to know what we can do. What we are doing to make up for trying times? I'm really tired of hearing what any of us can't do. Let's adapt and overcome.

I can assure you my kid's would be learning from home now. I would explore every opportunity for them. Together we would figure it out. I don't like the victim attitude. Wrestling is all about dealing with adversity.

Safety for who Coach? All current data suggests kids are just fine. Your only young once, youth experience has a profound impact on the adult life. I don't believe our current educational system is equipped to handle Covid. These are difficult times but life is difficult. Leaders figure it out and are successful. I want to know what we can do. What we are doing to make up for trying times? I'm really tired of hearing what any of us can't do. Let's adapt and overcome.

I can assure you my kid's would be learning from home now. I would explore every opportunity for them. Together we would figure it out. I don't like the victim attitude. Wrestling is all about dealing with adversity.
I believe the safety is in regards to teachers as well as the students families who could have at risk individuals

Safety for everyone those kids come in contact with and the kids themselves. Unless those kids have their own apartments, I would imagine they could bring it home to mom, dad, brother, sister, grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, cousin, neighbor...