OHSAA - Enough with Mason!

The infamous Atrium Stadium wind was a no-show last night; while it was cold, we've all watched the Panthers in colder weather. I'd take the same weather conditions next Friday night against the Cards in a heartbeat.
I agree, weather was nice last night at Mason. Maybe I was missing something but yes it was very crowded but I didn't see any "overflow" crowd that elderhsfan02 mentioned. I was on the X side, had open seats around me and was looking at open seats across the field on the Elder side.

On a side note, this was a very good game last night, entertaining the whole time. I would agree with many of the sentiments I have read that Elder looked a little uncharacteristically sloppy at times; however, they found a way to win. That's what separates the good from the really good, is you find a way to win, even when things are not going your way. I'll see everyone here next Friday for what should be a an old fashioned smash-mouth slug fest!

Both Colerain and Elder have their offenses clicking for the most part and run very different styles of offense. Defensively they are more similar to one another, while they run different schemes, both teams run basic defenses that haven't changed in 20 years.

Last edited:
What is better between Princeton and Mason? Serious question too, I think they are both awesome places, plenty of parking and seating. Princeton is a little closer to the 2 west side teams in the regional finals, seems like two great options

That
Isn't this an advantage to Elder playing there 2 weeks in a row. Isn't this supposed to be a neutral site?
That is an ovrratted advantage fans want to bring up. Benefits the fans more as they know how to get there, wheretk park, where to eat before, etc.

The real question will be, does Elder get the home side since they beat the #1 seed and will be on the top of the bracket, which in prior years has effectively meant that they're the home team.

The real question will be, does Elder get the home side since they beat the #1 seed and will be on the top of the bracket, which in prior years has effectively meant that they're the home team.
Yes.

18. Uniforms
White and Dark jerseys – The top team in each bracket is designated as the home team and will wear Dark jerseys (as stated in Rule 1-5-1b, 3 of the NFHS Rules Book). The bottom team in each bracket is designated the visiting team and will wear White jerseys (as stated in Rule 1-5-1b, 2 of the NFHS Rules Book).

Huge crowd tonight. Overflow fans were standing against the rails and in endzones. I saw high school kids with Lawrenceburg(IN) letterman jackets. We'll never know what kind of crowd it would have been at UC's Nippert stadium.
I saw a bunch of East Central Indiana kids at the game. Also had two kids from Ryle (KY) sit in front of us. They were asking all sorts of questions. They said they had fun at The Pit when Ryle played there this year so they decided to come to this game. By the second quarter, they went from neutral fans to Elder fans.

What is better between Princeton and Mason? Serious question too, I think they are both awesome places, plenty of parking and seating. Princeton is a little closer to the 2 west side teams in the regional finals, seems like two great options
Correct, they are both great venues that have more than enough seating.

The only valid criticism I see in the original post is the fact that Mason is another one of those wind tunnel stadiums which is can be a problem in November. But Mason is a nice stadium and from what I've seen their volunteers are very friendly and accommodating. It's near winter in Ohio unfortunately you're going to have to deal with the winds but it sure does get cold in that stadium when the winds are a blowin'!??
But when I hear how great the H.S. football is in California, Texas, Alabama, or Florida, I think to myself... Play your post season games with a 30 mph sleet hitting you in the face, then tell me how great you are.