OHSAA Early Season Invitational

D2 boys will be a good race with NE representatives Hawken(13th last year at State), West Geauga(19th), NDCL, and of course Marlington(1st). And Unioto(3rd), Mariemont(4th), and Oakwood(8th) will make things interesting.

D2 girls only have one team that went to State in Oakwood(7th) and they loss only Hartman. Time for Bella Butler to shine this season.

OAKWOOD WINS, OAKWOOD WINS, oh wait a minute, it is only the preseason invite. Well they looked good, even sitting Bella. Looks like she has a pretty good sister to help her.

There were some pretty fast times for an early-season meet. Clute was about 40 seconds faster this year vs last year. I'm skeptical of those 2 1/2 mile times, though. If those times are really that fast, why are those runners competing in an open meet? 12:04 for the winner of the boys' race?

Why would NDCL have 3 boys run in the varsity race and 4 boys run in the 2.5(?) mile race??

**After doing some research it seems the Juniors ran the varsity race and the FR and SOPH's ran the 2.5(?) race.

Last edited:
Was the 2.5 accurate? If it was than NDCL boys are off to a great start as they also had an 8th place in the 5k
The exact same conversation was had after last year's preseason meet.

It really isn't that hard to either make a course the right length or label it the length that it is. Show the priority OHSAA puts on XC.

Reactions: SLS
It was posted at checkin as the correct distance was 2.15. Meet info was printed from last year. All the new people at Ohsaa did not realize it was different. I will change title on results to correct distance but I was just informed today when I asked.

Reactions: VFL
As for the races themselves, 4 freshman girls in the top 10 of the D1 race showed why it’s so hard to predict who the top teams will be. Mason having two of them seems to have justified whoever gave them a first place vote in the preseason poll.

On the boys side Springboro showed a nice 1-5 pack. I’m not sure if everyone else ran a full squad, from what I can tell it looks like most did. If that’s the case there are some schools that need to hope their 4/5 runners just had a bad day. Lots of time between now and November.

Reactions: VFL