OHSAA Board update

A source told me today as of now the OHSAA yesterday was granted an increase to have more than 150 runners per race, so there will be just one race for each gender and division. A course should be published in a week or so.

www.runohio.com

So we are still going to have a problem. If the variance was for 180 to be allowed we still had 4 races at state over that last year. With our current qualifying there is a possibility of 220 in a race. Won’t ever happen but that is the max we can have. What happens when we get the qualifiers and there is 185. Do we run and ask forgiveness or see if they really meant 190. Or does state come in and shut it down.

So we are still going to have a problem. If the variance was for 180 to be allowed we still had 4 races at state over that last year. With our current qualifying there is a possibility of 220 in a race. Won’t ever happen but that is the max we can have. What happens when we get the qualifiers and there is 185. Do we run and ask forgiveness or see if they really meant 190. Or does state come in and shut it down.
Only reporting what I was told..

I don't see a course map.
What are the restrictions on fans at the state meet. What are restrictions for District and Regional?
Is there any live stream options available?

This has the potential to be a historic season for the Woodridge boys team. The boys and girls teams have the chance again to both qualify to the state meet. What are my options to responsibly support the kids or at least follow their progress?

Great job by everyone so far to get this season in as successfully as it has been so far.

Nothing up yet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201014-060249.jpg
    Screenshot_20201014-060249.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 31
This is an odd season for me. I'm having trouble getting into it as much as normal. You would think that I would be more into it since there are so many things I am not able to do at this time. I don't pour through results like I do most other years and I have twice the time to do that. I did not have my Spring with the kids, so I have trouble thinking of this kid and that as being one grade advanced from where I saw them last. "She's a senior?" Woodridge has a fantastic Freshman class both boys and girls and I just want the season to be over so that it's that much closer to them being able to experience a "real season".

I know Unioto is sitting out there licking their chops to try and take Woodridge down. Bay looks good and Marlington looks good. Can't tell you anything about anyone else. How good is Waynesville? Should I even be worried about them? I haven't looked at a single one of either Unioto's or Waynesville's results. I just assume they have teams that can beat Woodridge if Woodridge doesn't step it up.

Canton Central Catholic boys are having an outstanding year and I've followed them less this year than any other in 5 years. Is it just me, or is anyone else having a hard time?

I just hope that it's me and that from this week forward, it's a great experience for the kids. I've been involved with Woodridge CC since I was 4 years old. I went to every meet from the time I was 4 until 17. Have gone to nearly every from 2004 through this year. I've teased Ryan Champa for 3 years that I was his size when I ran for Woodridge and that he has what I look like now in his future. I weighed 125 lbs when I graduated. I am exactly double that now. He's having a great year and it's not really being noticed.

Kenston is having a huge year and not much talk of that either. I hope it's just me.

Nothing up yet

I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I heard from my OATCCC contact yesterday that Dale Gabor is ill. Could his normal approval of things from OHSAA's end be the delay? I don't know if meet management has to have OHSAA sign off on things like the course and map or not.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I heard from my OATCCC contact yesterday that Dale Gabor is ill. Could his normal approval of things from OHSAA's end be the delay? I don't know if meet management has to have OHSAA sign off on things like the course and map or not.

Sorry to hear that about Dale Gabor, praying he gets well soon.

Just got a email from our district manager that regionals and state will now be on Saturday for all 3 divisions again as in the path

Got email today at 1 pm from Cedarville District official that is has been changed back to the way it was. Wanted to see if any other coach got same information.

Got email today at 1 pm from Cedarville District official that is has been changed back to the way it was. Wanted to see if any other coach got same information.
No. I would be surprised if they did it that way. Part of the rationale is to limit the total number of people in these events (athletes + officials + spectators). Essentially, everyone show up and then leave for a single race.

For Districts, you take up to eight kids, two coaches and each runner is allowed ONLY two people. They must buy these tickets on-line and everyone else will be booted out.

Regional and State meet will now be one day meets with single race for each division. All local health dept approved races larger than 150.
D3 9am and 10 am
D2 12pm and 1pm
D1 3pm and 4pm

District meets will follow their current guidelines as they did not get the approval to have over 150 so cedarville district will still be split into 2 races for each division.

I was told today a course map might not be posted until the week of the State meet or maybe the week before....

Regional and State meet will now be one day meets with single race for each division. All local health dept approved races larger than 150.
D3 9am and 10 am
D2 12pm and 1pm
D1 3pm and 4pm

District meets will follow their current guidelines as they did not get the approval to have over 150 so cedarville district will still be split into 2 races for each division.

Personal opinion, Cedarville District should always be split into two races.

Or maybe the week after?
Sort of makes me think they don't know the course layout yet.

It'l be one of those "choose your own adventure" runs. Whoever can get their GPS watch to 3.1 miles first wins.

I am sure they have a course map, I am also sure they do not want anyone coming up early to check out the course with all the COVID guidelines. Everyone will probably see it for the first time warming-up on Saturday, like most meets.

Everyone will probably see it for the first time warming-up on Saturday, like most meets.

No thank you. You need to attend different meets. This is not in the best interest of coaches, athletes, or parents.

Best practices state that a course map should be provided to teams no later than the Monday before a Saturday meet.

Central District told us 7 athletes, 1 alternate 2 coaches. We each get 6 tickets. They were unclear on the price of the tickets or the distribution method.

No thank you. You need to attend different meets. This is not in the best interest of coaches, athletes, or parents.

Best practices state that a course map should be provided to teams no later than the Monday before a Saturday meet.

I meant that they will see it, as in literally see it in person, Saturday. I just doubt they will have the course open to teams before Saturday.

I agree that the Monday before the state meet should be the absolute latest we see a course map. I would actually hope more like the Monday before Districts.

if you want an idea of course map. Look at the ms state meet map and instead of finishing the 2 mile at north end of stadium move that 2 mile next to the 1 mile mark. Do another loop outside stadium at north and west end which will include a hill (small), this loop will go further west then the first time. When you come back into stadium you will finish at southeast corner of field by cutting diagonally across turf.

Attachments

• 2020-ObetzCourseMap (1).jpg
    2020-ObetzCourseMap (1).jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 46