OHSAA Announces All State and Regional Tournaments are “Postponed Indefinitely”

I'm an aau coach and we are dealing with the possibility of tournaments being cancelled as well, or held with no spectators
LOL - the biggest money making scam in sports is not going to play games without its cash cows sitting on the sidelines.....these tournaments will all get cancelled until this is all cleared up.....

The federal govt was unprepared to deal with the crisis. While the doctors and scientists were warning that this could happen, a certain person said it was a hoax and nothing to worry about and how people should go to work, even if they weren't feeling well. Don't blame the doctors for not being ready.
You must have skipped over the fact that China actually hid this outbreak from the US for quite some time. Maybe you were ignorant to it. You also must not be seeing where the federal government is dumping millions of dollars into this and is pushing for the Dems to get off their butts and allow free healthcare to those affected and allow payroll tax breaks to every American to keep our economy going. Some people are so ignorant that they would be dumb enough to use this as a time to make our President a punching bag. More proactive than any President in history over a pandemic (it only took 1200 people to die before the Obama administration declared a national emergency), yet you take pot shots? Ignorance is bliss.

You must have skipped over the fact that China actually hid this outbreak from the US for quite some time. Maybe you were ignorant to it. You also must not be seeing where the federal government is dumping millions of dollars into this and is pushing for the Dems to get off their butts and allow free healthcare to those affected and allow payroll tax breaks to every American to keep our economy going. Some people are so ignorant that they would be dumb enough to use this as a time to make our President a punching bag. More proactive than any President in history over a pandemic (it only took 1200 people to die before the Obama administration declared a national emergency), yet you take pot shots? Ignorance is bliss.
Good to see you're keeping a sense of humor during these dark days. At least I got a good chuckle out of your "facts"!

District administrators are being told that there is a strong possibility that school will not resume until the start of next school year at the earliest.

Good to see you're keeping a sense of humor during these dark days. At least I got a good chuckle out of your "facts"!
Was there something I said that was a falsity? Or do you not actually know what is going on in the US. Did you know Swine Flu (H1N1) had killed 1200 Americans before it was even considered a problem because Sleepy Joe didn't believe it was problematic?

I could give you a timeline of the correlation between the impeachment trials and the outbreak of Covid-19, which was not reported on until after the impeachment was over.

Bottom line is that someone took a cheap shot at politicians, and in reality, we didn't even have the makeup of the virus itself until China released it a month and a half after the outbreak to the CDC in the US.

I don't like this crap being political. But shots were fired. Some people just need to educate themselves and stop quoting the latest headline on CNN.

From Kristi Kopanis of WTOL 11

“OHSAA has told winter sport high school coaches that they are keeping the door open to bring back state tournaments. It would be after this three week break. No one is allowed to practice or participate with non-interscholastic teams to stay eligible if the tournament comes back.”

Good to hear. As I've been saying, it is easy to cancel something, even at the last minute. It is very difficult to put something back together after it has been cancelled.

District administrators are being told that there is a strong possibility that school will not resume until the start of next school year at the earliest.

I'd be interested to know who told you that. I am friends with a principal of a HS in one of the largest school districts in the state. They found out about the closing yesterday...the same time as everyone else. They were told that at this point there is no expecation is the break will last longer than 3 weeks, but the situation will be re-evaluted after 2. I guess that means it could go longer, if needed, but if someone took that as a "strong possibility that it will be the rest of the year" that seems like a bit of a stretch.....but hey, let's cause more panic right? :)

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know who told you that. I am friends with a principal of a HS in one of the largest school districts in the state. They found out about the closing yesterday...the same time as everyone else. They were told that at this point there is no expecation is the break won't last longer than 3 weeks, but the situation will be re-evaluted after 2. I guess that means it could go longer, if needed, but if someone took that as a "strong possibility that it will be the rest of the year" that seems like a bit of a stretch.....but hey, let's cause more panic right? :)
I too have talked with our administration who literally were talking to me as this news broke. We were speaking about the possibility of trying to keep school open as long as no kids tested positive in the school system. No one was aware of this and are simply following the rules of the governor. Monday at 3 pm, the school will close down for 3 consecutive weeks. No sports, no school, no one on the grounds (outside of teachers and janitors as long as everyone is healthy). Evaluation and transparency of the situation is supposed to happen within two weeks. But until the order by the governor is given, our administration is following suit with the state of Ohio. No talk of kids unable to finish the year.

I will take the blame for making "political" statements. It is in times like this when the American public needs to be re-assured and not get mixed messages of what they are dealing with. Scientists say one thing, politicians something else. Whom do we believe?In the early stages of the virus making its way to the US, we got these conflicting messages:

Who to believe? Since there is no precedent for this, belief often depended on whom one believed and what news stations one watched. Instead of a united effort, there was immediate division, as there is with everything in this country. Rabid partisans, eager to make gains, came out with outrageous claims, from " This will be the greatest horror since the plague" to " It's a conspiracy, don't pay attention to it." Yet, the message remained divided. Of course science has speculated that most will not suffer any severe consequences. However, the vulnerable can see a much higher death rate than with other viruses: https://www.sciencealert.com/the-ne...the-flu-but-they-have-one-big-thing-in-common.

We are now beginning to see a somewhat more unified message: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-national-emergency-on-coronavirus and that is good. In having the proper tests available, the carriers could be identified, rather than going on obliviously infecting others.

Will we recover? Of course we will. But we need to have cool heads who take these things seriously and not try to politicize the well-being of the people.

I'd be interested to know who told you that. I am friends with a principal of a HS in one of the largest school districts in the state. They found out about the closing yesterday...the same time as everyone else. They were told that at this point there is no expecation is the break will last longer than 3 weeks, but the situation will be re-evaluted after 2. I guess that means it could go longer, if needed, but if someone took that as a "strong possibility that it will be the rest of the year" that seems like a bit of a stretch.....but hey, let's cause more panic right? :)
Simple. He made it up or he read it on someone's Myspace page

"On the front end of a pandemic, you look a little bit like an alarmist. You look a little bit like a Chicken Little – the sky is falling," Acton said. "On the back end of the pandemic, you didn't do enough."

-Dr Amy Acton, Director of Public Health

But what does she know?

See my recent post was deleted. Guess you weren't happy with my thoughts. Too bad. Guess the voice of reason isn't wanted here.

I will take the blame for making "political" statements. It is in times like this when the American public needs to be re-assured and not get mixed messages of what they are dealing with. Scientists say one thing, politicians something else. Whom do we believe?In the early stages of the virus making its way to the US, we got these conflicting messages:

Who to believe? Since there is no precedent for this, belief often depended on whom one believed and what news stations one watched. Instead of a united effort, there was immediate division, as there is with everything in this country. Rabid partisans, eager to make gains, came out with outrageous claims, from " This will be the greatest horror since the plague" to " It's a conspiracy, don't pay attention to it." Yet, the message remained divided. Of course science has speculated that most will not suffer any severe consequences. However, the vulnerable can see a much higher death rate than with other viruses: https://www.sciencealert.com/the-ne...the-flu-but-they-have-one-big-thing-in-common.

We are now beginning to see a somewhat more unified message: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-national-emergency-on-coronavirus and that is good. In having the proper tests available, the carriers could be identified, rather than going on obliviously infecting others.

Will we recover? Of course we will. But we need to have cool heads who take these things seriously and not try to politicize the well-being of the people.

Politicians and scientists aren't saying the same thing? mike and amy are. they just told us 100,000k are walking around with the virus in ohio and scaring us with the italy example. maybe, they don't know that. Could they have used mentioned the South Korea model? I'm something less than inspired with confidence when I listen to those 2 speak. many dems and scientists are aligned in the messaging as well. Dems and big science are aligned on a lot of things really. Why would it be different here.

No precedent? It's at least plausible to suggest the swine flu in '09-'10 is precendent. The CDC US and worldwide infections and fatalities counts dwarf the covid 19 numbers at the moment. I understand we're at the beginning as you note above. At the same time it appears China is tailing off after 2.5 months? Will other countries tail off at the same rate? If so the covid-19 will fall short of swine flu, possibly way short. The only thing unprecedented is the coordinated response/shutdown and resulting hysteria. What was the reponse in '09-'10 over the swine flu, no one remembers becuase it was crickets. I do not remember the swine flu infection/fatality ticker. I think the then president declared a SOE after 1,000 died in the US. This response has been so radical it will be burned in peoples memories like 9/11.

We will recover? What does that mean? The world's not going to end? One question is what's the price or gain of all this, depending on where you lean? The US economy is going to take a massive hit. For dems this is pure platinum. A brilliant tactical move. A no lose situation. They can campaign on it for their benefit (MAHA, make america healthy again) and to the oppositions detriment. Any successes of the current president have been cut off at the knees. the entire model and messaging just got flushed down the toilet. no more record market, no more jobs records, high probability of recession by 3Q. And the timing of all this just couldn't be better. There are political winners and loses with this and it's clear who they are. It must be exhilirating for some.

I wonder when and how soon this will be over. I can see this just fading away over the summer. No dramatic and obvious restart like we just experienced with this shut down. Subtle announcments over the summer, school is back on for the fall and sports can resume. People will slowly just go back to living life not afraid to touch a door handle. And where does that leave us? A pandemic that didn't match the hysteria and not requisite to swine flu? An ecomomy reset back to 2016 and worst of all many jobs lost?

Death count is the only metric that matters here and people should know not only the number but the age and health details behind the number. Covid19 discriminates torwards the old and sick. We won't get that I'm guessing, we will only be bombarded with the infection number, which will increase with the additional testing kits coming and the created hysteria. Increased infections should actually be packaged as good news to people. As you so aptly noted above. They will be off the street and not infecting the elderly and sick. It won't be messaged in that way, rather the increase of the infection ticker will be hyped and whatever is shutting down next. This will ensure the required 3-4 weeks of panic and paralyzation. Rather than trying to get at the actual data to inform oneself, many will head out and buy 40 rolls of toilet paper. The mission will be accomplished.

Politics is all over everything all the time. I never doubt the audicity of people.

Last edited:
I was told by 2 separate people, one a teacher and one an asst. principal from 2 separate school districts. They were told by there admin. Whose superintendents were part of a meeting with local health care officials. I am not one to post things flippantly and just wanted to relay info and now even the governor is saying what they told me. With colleges shutting down campuses, I do believe that kids not returning to school this year is more than likely the next step.

I was told by 2 separate people, one a teacher and one an asst. principal from 2 separate school districts. They were told by there admin. Whose superintendents were part of a meeting with local health care officials. I am not one to post things flippantly and just wanted to relay info and now even the governor is saying what they told me. With colleges shutting down campuses, I do believe that kids not returning to school this year is more than likely the next step.

Lol....You know he is the one who made the call right? Local health care officials have no say in whether or not schools are open or closed. Admit it....you made it up...or your "2 separate people" did....and they got lucky lol

Lol....You know he is the one who made the call right? Local health care officials have no say in whether or not schools are open or closed. Admit it....you made it up...or your "2 separate people" did....and they got lucky lol
LOL, you called someone out and were proven wrong, it's ok, you will be alright.

Teachers at my sons school were given directive a full day in advance of the Governors mandate to prepare enough work to send home the following day with students to cover 21 days worth of school. I'm with JU-ICE, apparently SOME schools had a better idea of what was about to happen than others....

Teachers at my sons school were given directive a full day in advance of the Governors mandate to prepare enough work to send home the following day with students to cover 21 days worth of school. I'm with JU-ICE, apparently SOME schools had a better idea of what was about to happen than others....
Btw, this was directly from a teacher at our high school. They were told to prepare the same way they would as if we were dealing with long term closures due to snow. Just 21 days worth...

so you can't walk into a coffee shop tomorrow or get a big mac. Can't go up to nike and buy a shirt. But you can vote in the dem primary in person and then hit the unemployment office on the way home. I'm sure that will remain open too and will be far in excess of the CDC 50 person gathering restriction guidance.

so you can't walk into a coffee shop tomorrow or get a big mac. Can't go up to nike and buy a shirt. But you can vote in the dem primary in person and then hit the unemployment office on the way home. I'm sure that will remain open too and will be far in excess of the CDC 50 person gathering restriction guidance.
The best and easiest way to apply for unemployment is online, and that was before all of this. As far as the primaries and other elections, that's a tough call, but I guarantee you delay is on the table and being discussed by the people in charge of the states. But how do either of those compare to going to McDonald's??? Or ANYTHING else you used as an example of something you apparently are upset over not being able to do???

Lighten up Francis.