Ohio's Success Criteria for COVID-19?

thePITman

Honest question: What is Ohio's published success criteria for moving forward and being able to live a normal life again?

Seriously, what is the threshold or exact metric(s) that, once we get past, we can discontinue all social distancing precautions? Sure, if we go back over that threshold, everything is back on again. But they must publish the success criteria. At what point is "Yellow = Public Emergency Level 1" no longer the minimum threat level?

Another honest question:

Does any government entity; local,state, fed, foreign, have a published success criteria? Be interesting to read.

Another honest question:

Does any government entity; local,state, fed, foreign, have a published success criteria? Be interesting to read.
Doubtful.

It's easier to move the goalposts that way. Or... COVID is a fluid situation requiring fluid actions.

Debate board bound?

Seems only a request for facts. No doubt some azzhat will turn it into something other than an honest response but for now.. I'd like to know if anyone has found an answer without having to sift through DB trash.

Honest question: What is Ohio's published success criteria for moving forward and being able to live a normal life again?

Seriously, what is the threshold or exact metric(s) that, once we get past, we can discontinue all social distancing precautions? Sure, if we go back over that threshold, everything is back on again. But they must publish the success criteria. At what point is "Yellow = Public Emergency Level 1" no longer the minimum threat level?

Social Distancing will go on as long as Dictator DeWine is Governor imo. The Kindergarten Color Code system was formed by Dictator Dewine,Anal Amy Acton and whoever supposedly replaced her. It will continue until they say it can stop. Welcome to a Color Coded Dictatorship???

Zero new cases for at least 5 consecutive years. /s

How long did it take for things to return to normal after the Spanish Flu?
In many ways things never did return to normal the way they were before the flue. Hospital protocol changed and never went back. I suspect social distancing and masks are here to stay. Every threat of a future virus will bring masking back out until the threat is clear.

On the other hand. There are pockets of people in rural communities that are living just the same as always and have not yielded to mask mandates .....yet. They use curbside pickup and order online . They also use Amazon for many things.

Its easy, enough ventilators for everyone that needs one, a hospital bed for everyone that needs one and a test for everyone that needs one. That was what "flattening the curve" was all about.

Nothing much is changing from our current status quo until Spring Imo. Elected officials are going to be hesitant to do anything until flu season is past us.

I don't think the government will ever publish one. I think the general populace will make that decision slowly on their own. At some point, we will look back and realize that we've stopped worrying about Covid-19 and not be able to pinpoint the exact date when it happened.

Posted this in a diff thread.

Maybe we shoulda done what Uganda did. they had security forces enforcing the travel restrictions. Early on they showed on TV some people getting beaten for breaking the rules.

Some reports state security forces have killed more than have died by the Rona!

No BLM there!

Dewine failed us by not closing our borders and banning Chinese early on
You bring up a good point here. Governors, not the POTUS , are empowered and obligated to protect their states. I have wondered why no claims have been made to that effect? Seems like some people are just looking for a chance to make Trump look bad.

On the other hand, when Trump says "it would have been very easy for Chi-nuh to stop this virus", he makes himself look stupid because he should have been able to stop it from spreading here if it was truly so easy to stop. Clearly it was not so easy to stop.

You bring up a good point here. Governors, not the POTUS , are empowered and obligated to protect their states. I have wondered why no claims have been made to that effect? Seems like some people are just looking for a chance to make Trump look bad.

On the other hand, when Trump says "it would have been very easy for Chi-nuh to stop this virus", he makes himself look stupid because he should have been able to stop it from spreading here if it was truly so easy to stop. Clearly it was not so easy to stop.
If I was governor I would have called up local militias to build walls around our airports and quarantine all Chinese for 14 days to keep Ohioans safe