Ohio's Best Beer

Their coconut hefeweizen is one of the worst beers I've ever purchased
What kind of limp diiicked incel would buy that?

(Just messing with you) that sounds disgusting and now sure why anyone would try that.

Nacho bait is my favorite beer of all time, habanero and it is spicy. Not for everyone but i like to make it with michelada mix or bkoody Mary mix abd some vodka.

To be honest I only drink three beers of theirs or so. Their pilsner called survive is pretty good too. Their brew house is five minutes from my house so I get drunk there and their food is pretty good. I get the roast beef sandwich with horseradish on it

To be fair i am not a beer enthusiast, just like to get drunk. I enjoy tasting bourbons better. Have tried to get into wine but it just makes me feel like i am in church

Last edited:
My favorite of the Great Lakes offerings is the Eliot Ness. It's a Vienna Style Lager.

Unfortunately, this one isn't sold in stores, but a microbrewery in my town called Paradigm Shift makes a terrific Peanut Butter Goat Roper. It's the best beer I've ever drank, but it's only brewed in small batches and not one that they keep on tap regularly.

Last edited:
It's real! I googled. Nice to see they're owning it. Getting butthurt everytime the fires got mentioned only made Clevelander's look weak.
Great Lakes has been brewing that one for a long time. I'm not a big fan of pale ales. After the 4 beers GLBC sells in its variety pack: Commodore Perry (IPA), Edmund Fitzgerald (porter), Dortmunder Gold (lager), and Eliot Ness (Vienna lager), Burning River is GLBC's other staple.

Additionally, there is an ultramarathon every summer that traverses the Cuyahoga Valley known as the Burning River 100.

BTW, that Maumee Bay Breakfast Stout you mentioned is pretty tasty. Thank God for the carry-out stores where you can make your own 6-pack.

Great Lakes has been brewing that one for a long time. I'm not a big fan of pale ales. After the 4 beers GLBC sells in its variety pack: Commodore Perry (IPA), Edmund Fitzgerald (porter), Dortmunder Gold (lager), and Eliot Ness (Vienna lager), Burning River is GLBC's other staple.

Additionally, there is an ultramarathon every summer that traverses the Cuyahoga Valley known as the Burning River 100.

BTW, that Maumee Bay Breakfast Stout you mentioned is pretty tasty. Thank God for the carry-out stores where you can make your own 6-pack.
Maumee Bay has a long catch-up to GLB but I see they did buy an nearby warehouse and have the over grown chemistry sets up in there.

Having, I don't recall how, discovered the West Side Market, I'm guessing late 90s, I went for a walk around the neighborhood and kept getting a whiff what I thought was cinnamon or cardamon. Looking for a bakery and playing with the wind, I must have walked by that steel door in a "warehouse" 5 times before I realized what it was. Came back next year with a bud, GLB one of the best brewery tours I've been on. Loved the ending. In Ohio you're not allowed to give away beer so you had to leave a quarter on the table. So the story they told us went. Been a fan since.

Founders Breakfast Stout ... nectar of the Gods!
1591284787676.png

Maumee Bay has a long catch-up to GLB but I see they did buy an nearby warehouse and have the over grown chemistry sets up in there.

Having, I don't recall how, discovered the West Side Market, I'm guessing late 90s, I went for a walk around the neighborhood and kept getting a whiff what I thought was cinnamon or cardamon. Looking for a bakery and playing with the wind, I must have walked by that steel door in a "warehouse" 5 times before I realized what it was. Came back next year with a bud, GLB one of the best brewery tours I've been on. Loved the ending. In Ohio you're not allowed to give away beer so you had to leave a quarter on the table. So the story they told us went. Been a fan since.

Until the Drew Carey Show storyline dictated that he and his friends begin their own brewing venture, you can see them consuming GLBC labeled products at Drew's house. The Dortmunder Gold appeared to be their "go to."

Founders All Day is my summer basic beer. Good entry point for an IPA novice and at 4.7% ABV this is something that you can enjoy plus not worry about it getting away from you if you have multiple cans like some IPAs.

I’m not a big fan of session ipas, but I can understand why people like them. They give you some hop at a lower abv. I actually like bitter hops and would rather just drink less.