ohio supreme

so I hesitated to even give this clown the time of day....but has anyone seen what Tom is promoting now? a new team, called the ohio supreme. costs 200 dollars to tryout. they are going to play national events and give kids more exposure than any other club team in NE Ohio. what is this guy thinking? isnt this exactly what he's tried to do with DHC and failed to accomplish all these years? what about this new team is going to change anything? he doesnt attract top players for DHC, why will this be any different? does anyone even take these guys serious? thankfully my son is out of the summer ball circuit but if he was now, these guys wouldnt be in the top 10-20 teams i would consider. it's a shame every year he comes up with a new ploy to fool kids.

BASESWIMPARENT

Until your program has the gravitas of the Midland Redskins, Ohio Warhawks, or the Chi Town Cream or even the Evoshield Canes (the first three I know don't charge for a tryout), I don't want to hear about raising the bar. $25.00 dollars is a joke. $200 is robbery. Somebody should call the police.

GCPRO

The teams you mentioned do not have tryouts and they don't need to. They recruit their players, no need for an open tryout. The Midland Redskins will take players from their lower level teams if they feel the need.

TOPS (Team Ohio Pro Select) is free and plays even better tournaments just be better if your so good to be on "Ohio supreme" you should be a D1 player and if your a D1 player you can get free invites to play for other teams just be better.

BASESWIMPARENT

Midland does recruit but they do have tryouts also. It is a way to see kids locally that they may not know about. But your point is well taken.

trueword

Team is run by Tom Aspero & Steve Bort. That is all you need to know. Criminals who have been fleecing and lying to people for years. Would stay away unless you like giving money away.

thavoice

Sadly, too many adults feel > $$ thrown at a kid for his athletic endeavors = more success and that is not necessarily the case.

First, you need that God given ability. I have seen kids come from baseball families, work their tail off but have no ability and it just does not work out.

Seen kids work very hard, with little result.
Kids work not so hard, with great results because of ability.

Too many just throw $$ at it and expect results and that is not the case. I believe if you have the $$ to blow and want to do so, it is more wisely spent on a refutable one on one training and not the high priced teams and programs that do little to observe, teach and coach up the kids.

Many of the big time programs really are just a collection of great players that are not necessarily a result of that program. I just chuckle when programs tout how many college/drafted players that have gone through their organization as a selling point to insinuate they were the main reason.

A kid may play 1-2 seasons there and all of a sudden they want you to think they are the reason for said players ability.

tcgobucks

The amount of money these teams are asking for/getting is ridiculous. My son played on one of the top 3 teams in the state from 9U thru 13U and we never paid more than $400. Team held a big reverse raffle in the winter...and hosted a tourney. 15u/16u I put together a team. $300 included everything including 4 jerseys, 3 pants and a couple weekends of paid hotel. We ran a 24 team tourney that covered everything else. 17U he played for a big organization to get to play in some big events. I think it was maybe $1200. To see teams charging $200 for a tryout and $2000+ for a season is beyond ridiculous.

thavoice

The amount of money these teams are asking for/getting is ridiculous. My son played on one of the top 3 teams in the state from 9U thru 13U and we never paid more than $400. Team held a big reverse raffle in the winter...and hosted a tourney. 15u/16u I put together a team. $300 included everything including 4 jerseys, 3 pants and a couple weekends of paid hotel. We ran a 24 team tourney that covered everything else. 17U he played for a big organization to get to play in some big events. I think it was maybe $1200. To see teams charging $200 for a tryout and $2000+ for a season is beyond ridiculous.
They do because they are getting the $$! Until people stop paying it will continue and increase until they get to the breaking point.

Take a look at the Bo Dome in Hilliard. They keep adding and adding and adding teams at each level, for a very steep rate and people keep signing up.
They include the membership to the dome, which is nice for those who live nearby, and it helps their bottom line in terms of membership. The coaching, and teams, at the lower levels for sure, are nothing to be paying $$ for.
The parents are paying for the BO Dome usage, certainly not for the coaching, teaching and mentoring that you see on those teams.

It truly is have money, will play.

GCPRO

Midland Redskins do not have tryouts.
Very few players in this area will walk away from them when given the opportunity to play for them.

BASESWIMPARENT

Midland Redskins do not have tryouts.
Very few players in this area will walk away from them when given the opportunity to play for them.
Ok, the tryout my kid went to and got an offer from was not for the Redskins, Redhawks or Braves. The surprise offer was figment of my imagination. And, there are young men who have gotten offers that have chosen to play for other national "cut throat" programs like the evo shield canes and the chi town cream.

ohiosupreme

Same old people being hateful each year. They use peoples personal names etc... They are just out right haters. On top of it they never want to reveal themselves? No one will bully me and think we will just go away and cower. I will never give up providing legitimate baseball opportunities to our student athletes. It is easy to sit in front of a computer and rant rave and try to hurt other people. As stated every year people can do their own research for them self. OSB is a new a new opportunity for kids that are high level to get exposure to big time colleges and scouts. This is not a normal travel team. A fee is being charged because we are using a semi pro stadium and a MLB scout will be running the event. We encourage kids that are DI talent to attend and are willing to travel pretty much every week like a college baseball team to the best of the best. If a player makes the team it goes right to their player fees. Yes this team will be more like Midland Evo etc.....This is not just a normal travel team. Yes it is new and we look forward to providing this unique opportunity to the best kids in the state of Ohio. I refuse to be a hateful person and attack other people in a free informational forum. It is unfortunate that people can get away with this behavior and lie but that is life.

thavoice

Same old people being hateful each year. They use peoples personal names etc... They are just out right haters. On top of it they never want to reveal themselves? No one will bully me and think we will just go away and cower. I will never give up providing legitimate baseball opportunities to our student athletes. It is easy to sit in front of a computer and rant rave and try to hurt other people. As stated every year people can do their own research for them self. OSB is a new a new opportunity for kids that are high level to get exposure to big time colleges and scouts. This is not a normal travel team. A fee is being charged because we are using a semi pro stadium and a MLB scout will be running the event. We encourage kids that are DI talent to attend and are willing to travel pretty much every week like a college baseball team to the best of the best. If a player makes the team it goes right to their player fees. Yes this team will be more like Midland Evo etc.....This is not just a normal travel team. Yes it is new and we look forward to providing this unique opportunity to the best kids in the state of Ohio. I refuse to be a hateful person and attack other people in a free informational forum. It is unfortunate that people can get away with this behavior and lie but that is life.
You do realize charging that price to tryout for the team is just rediculous right?

There are plenty of people in the game for the right reasons, and some just to fill their own pockets.

Fleecing of America one youth team after another.

Congrats.

There used to be a rumor a few years back that Beaver Valley out of Western PA used to charge $500 to try out. Team fees were supposedly $5,000/year. Also, required to work with a personal coach weekly and could not play any other sport.

Not sure if any of this is true or not. What I do know is that their teams, particularly the pre-high school ages, were rather dominant.

BobcatQB

There used to be a rumor a few years back that Beaver Valley out of Western PA used to charge $500 to try out. Team fees were supposedly $5,000/year. Also, required to work with a personal coach weekly and could not play any other sport.

Not sure if any of this is true or not. What I do know is that their teams, particularly the pre-high school ages, were rather dominant.
They have been dominant for sure.

Paying to tryout is just a scam to pocket $ out of saps who think their kids can play.

Bugsy8875

Hate the not being able to play another sport. Be an athlete!

AllSports12

Like anything else we do in life, it's on the adults to do their homework.

Google this guy's name and you'll see this same argument from back in 2011. Read it, read discussions, and make your decision whether he's legit on your own.