Ohio Supreme 15u 16u 17u

ohiosupreme

OHIO SUPREME BASEBALL
"OHIO'S PREMIER SCOUT TEAM"

Ohio Supreme Baseball is a new opportunity for the best high school baseball players in Ohio to be seen and recognized by college and pro scouts. The reality in Ohio HS baseball scouting is that players are only seen by a few programs. OSB is taking the best players and putting them in front of a tremendously larger amount of scouts in tournaments across Georgia, Indiana, Tennessee, and North & South Carolina. Players will be showcased to SEC, ACC, High Level Colleges, and Pro Scouts. Planned events include National Team Championships in Florida, WWBA National Championship (Perfect Game), Music City Classic (TN), Dynamic Baseball Events (North/South Carolina), Wilson Premier Baseball Events, Midwest Prospects League (Indiana).

Tryouts: 18u (2021) 17u (2022) 16u (2023) 15u (2024)
(Pro and College Scouts will be in Attendance)

Registration Link - https://ohiosupreme.com/tryout-registration/

July 28th, 2020 at VA Memorial Stadium - Home of the Chillicothe Paints

17273 St. Rt. 104
Chillicothe OH 45601

Tryout Cost: $190 (helps with cost of pro scouts running event, field etc...We also are targeting serious players and families this is a huge commitment... NOTE: Fee will be credited towards player fees if they make the team. We are targeting players who feel they are Division One capable and willing to travel. Total player fee is $2,800.00

Questions??

Steve Bort
Developmental Scouting Director
Phone: 917-842-1860
Email: ohiosupremebaseball@gmail.com

Twitter: @ohiosupreme
Face Book: @ohiosupreme
Instagram: ohiosupremebaseball

Last edited:

Enlighten us please.
You’re not a Wilson premier team nor will you be. It’s highly unlikely you’ll approved to play MPL or WWBA with no proven Track record.
So let’s stop acting like that’s all 100% going to happen.
How will you be better/different than ohio elite? Than midland? Than Release? Than Team Ohio? Than really any program that has been successful the last few seasons.
what is more attractive about yet another new team than the existing ones?
How is this even better than diamond hit club? Which has been average in NE Ohio the last 10 years.
What will your player fees be? If tryouts cost 200 that’s very important info to have.
How many players will you carry?
Who will be the coaches?
What is your offseason training plan?
Where will you train? Both in and off season?
Give actual facts to educate
Not hopes and dreams
If you really want this to succeed provide honest substance and a plan to back it up.
Otherwise it’s what DHC has been for a very long time.

Enlighten us please.
You’re not a Wilson premier team nor will you be. It’s highly unlikely you’ll approved to play MPL or WWBA with no proven Track record.
How will you be better/different than ohio elite? Than midland? Than Release? Than Team Ohio? Than really any program that has been successful the last few seasons.
How is this even better than diamond hit club? Which has been average in NE Ohio the last 10 years.
What will your player fees be? If tryouts cost 200 that’s very important info to have.
Who will be the coaches?
Not hopes and dreams
If you really want this to succeed provide honest substance and a plan to back it up.
How will they be better?

$200 tryout fee = better program. Amirite?

I could spend just over $200 and have my child go to a PBR event with dozens/hundreds of scouts, as well as an online recruiting profile, etc. Unless your tryout also has a PBR person there taking video and creating recruiting profiles, similar to reputable travel programs' "Scout Days."

On the other thread he says he is charging for tryouts because it's "using a semi pro stadium and a MLB scout will be running the event." Just get a local school or park let you use their field - DONE! The field at which you hold your tryouts does not make you seem more legit. It makes you seem wasteful.

I could spend just over $200 and have my child go to a PBR event with dozens/hundreds of scouts, as well as an online recruiting profile, etc. Unless your tryout also has a PBR person there taking video and creating recruiting profiles, similar to reputable travel programs' "Scout Days."

On the other thread he says he is charging for tryouts because it's "using a semi pro stadium and a MLB scout will be running the event." Just get a local school or park let you use their field - DONE! The field at which you hold your tryouts does not make you seem more legit. It makes you seem wasteful.
Chillicothe Paints are part of the Prospect League, which is a college summer wood bat league, not a pro league, non affiliated. WTF is he trying to fool? And does it really matter where the tryouts are and WTF is a “college scout”? Does he mean College Coach? And why would MLB send scouts to this particular tryout? Jeez

Who is the Pro Scout running it?
Who is Coaching the team?
The New York Mets Area Scout will be running the Tryout. Staff will be picked later. It will be a combination for the directors and other coaches. We have also just hired a former player from Vanderbilt that was drafted twice by the Red Sox and Rangers

Maybe I'm new to this, but why have Pro and College scouts at the tryouts? Seems more like a showcase and less like a tryout.
It is a tryout but we are having college coaches and MLB scouts running the tryout so the kids are also getting exposure.

Enlighten us please.
Who will be the coaches?
Not hopes and dreams
I am not commenting/comparing to other programs. Whats different is that we are actually going to go to Top Events on a consistent basis each week. Some teams may do 1 or 2 events but not to the level we are planning to do. We will be in about six major events. Players of this caliber may already have top end trainers. There is not a traditional training program since we will have kids from all over the state. That being said, we will host some camps/clinics in the winter. We will be applying to all the events the same as every other team does. You can make that same comment about anyone. I do not think we are going to have an issue if our team is loaded with DI talent when it comes to getting into events. The player fee is $2,800.00. A traditional roster for a team of this caliber will be 15-18 kids depending on what they do and Pitcher Only's. The New York Mets Area Scout will be running the Tryout. Staff will be picked later. It will be a combination for the directors and other coaches. We have also just hired a former player from Vanderbilt that was drafted twice by the Red Sox and Rangers

Dude just do your thing. If it works for you, so be it! This cat on here tells me his kid was offered a roster spot on the Midland Redskins via a tryout! So you get the understanding of what you're up against.

I don’t know anyone associated with any of this madness, and my kid isn’t old enough to be involved in these discussions, so I’ll just ask a question I’ve wondered since the bickering started.

Won’t most players with D1 talent already be on a team? And most MLB scouts were furloughed so for the time being, so who is to say that they aren’t just using their affiliation for a money grab themselves? I promise if a kid has future MLB talent he is already on the radars of college and MLB guys.

I don’t even follow HS baseball around me and I know the names of the local studs.

Chillicothe Paints are part of the Prospect League, which is a college summer wood bat league, not a pro league, non affiliated. WTF is he trying to fool? And does it really matter where the tryouts are and WTF is a “college scout”? Does he mean College Coach? And why would MLB send scouts to this particular tryout? Jeez
Likely is one of those local pro scouts who sells his reports to teams.

Th BS meter is beeping big time on this. He is using the buzz words to get the gullible to bite. Sad thing .. enough foolish parents will pay the money

Dude just do your thing. If it works for you, so be it! This cat on here tells me his kid was offered a roster spot on the Midland Redskins via a tryout! So you get the understanding of what you're up against.
I did not say he got an offer for the Redskins, I said there was a tryout.

If there are any 18U guys interested please come out too, we have some spots on two 18U teams also!!!
Quote Tweet

eZkHUYNy_normal.jpeg

Midland Braves

@MidlandBraves
· Aug 5, 2019
We are hosting another tryout this Sunday at 2pm at Midland Field, we are still looking for all positions, come join the best program in the Midwest. #MidlandFam

Anyway, there are so many different models for baseball clubs. Some cost a lot and some cost a little. Down south, there are many clubs/academies where the guys that run them use them for their livelihood. Antonelli Baseball in Mass. looks to be organized like that too. And there is nothing wrong about that. The whole issue is what do you get for your money? Down here in SWO, there is a club where its young teams are really very good. They have system. They practice a lot and the drill the hell out of the kids and the kids are fundamentally sound. For a while, they generally win almost every tourney because they let the other teams beat themselves. The kids really learn the game and play it well. However, they have two major drawbacks. They are very, very expensive because of the practice time and how much fields, indoor space as well as tourneys cost. Secondly, they have dads involved all the way up till 18u . Dads work until about 12U but then things fall apart after that and sure enough this club starts to not have as much success at about the 13u and 14U stage. By high school age, they are just another good team. Many of the other elite clubs just try to recruit all the best kids they can get and hope that a collection of elite talent will win the summer. The biggest issue I have with most clubs is development, especially at the junior and high school level. Very, very few teach hitting as part of being on the team, rather you must take hitting lessons and pay for them. This is in addition to taking part in your club's winter workouts. Pitching help? Forget it. One better take lessons and hope one of the coaches on your team knows something about pitching. A lot of elite clubs talk about getting kids to these elite tourneys or leagues like what was mentioned above. Although those events are important, a lot of organizations in Ohio go to those tourneys. So, I am sincerely curious and not meaning to troll but how is the Supreme going to be any different than Ohio Elite or Release or the Flames, CBC or even Midland. None of whom, in my opinion, have the model completely figured out. And unless, the kids that are trying out for your organization are going to walk away from your tryout with a tangible asset (like a PBR evaluation or a video for example), $200.00 seems a little high for me.

Last edited:
Braves and Redskins are two totally different animals as I stated from the beginning. You find me something for the skins and I’m wrong. Actually matters little either way.

Hahahahahaha! 18 x $2,800 = $50,400. Let's say you're lucky and you get 50 others to try out, 50 x $190 = $9,500.

Are you registered as a 501(c) non-profit? Are you too lazy to do any fundraising? Never mind, Chillicothe is a great location to sucker in all of the suburbanites from Columbus and Dayton/Cincy willing to blindly hand you and some teacher (who calls himself an MLB scout) 200 bucks to run a 60 and hit some BP.

We will be in about six major events.

An expensive tournament has a $2-3k entry fee. So what are you doing with the other $50k left over? Are you willing to eat into your profits to help a great baseball player, but who may not have the financial resources to play for such an elite team? Never mind, you already drove those families away with your tryout fee.

I would think an MLB scout would have the capabilities of already knowing who he wants to play for such an elite and supreme program. I get it man, you've gotta put food on the table. I just hope that others realize that's what this is before it's too late.

the mets suck, and the local area scout he is referencing is Tom Aspero, so if the mets trust him, then they suck even more than we thought. what a joke! 2800 dollars to play with no kind of training? RUN AWAY AND RUN AWAY FAST from this train wreck.
Listen why do you not reveal yourself LOL?? You have no problem talking badly about everyone. If you are so great and have all the answers etc... Why do you not tell us who you are. I am sure when you reveal that It will make sense LOL people will laugh. You obviously have a Vendetta LOL it is very sad. I will pray for you.... All I am asking for is step and reveal yourself but of course Cowards do not do that. Listen as I said before I produce and have for many years helping young men period! I will not sit here and be attacked on a public forum and give in to you. You can go on and on Man/Woman who every you are lol .... Real people see through your nonsense.

Braves and Redskins are two totally different animals as I stated from the beginning. You find me something for the skins and I’m wrong. Actually matters little either way.
The second tweet was from the Redskins, I just suck at cutting and pasting. Yes, you were wrong.

You know my brother in law coached with the skins for twenty years. This was before they went mostly all in on out of town talent yet still had NO tryouts for their group. But of course I believe ya.

You know my brother in law coached with the skins for twenty years. This was before they went mostly all in on out of town talent yet still had NO tryouts for their group. But of course I believe ya.
Check the Midland Redskin twitter. Need to go back to about late July or August. It was the way we found out about the tryout. This is our first and because of age last year with the organization and my son is a pitcher. The organization is always looking for pitchers. We have added 3 since the season started. Now this year might be different because of Covid but the Redskins still brought in a bunch of out of town talent. Nobody in Midland is traveling this year. The Warhawks decided not to have a national team because of the Pandemic. The Chi Town Cream is having a national team and they are traveling as are the Nashville Knights. I used to be a bat boy for Midland when I was 11 or 12 and I worked with a guy who has since passed away, that was the pitching coach for Midland for years. This is not the organization that I remember nor was told about. Not bad or anything just different. Regardless, it does not sound like NEO has a team like the Midland Redskins. I wish the Supreme guy luck but he really needs to find a big time sponsor.

I know the pitching coach you are speaking about, the guy was an attorney. One of the owners of the Nashville Knights is from Cincy and played for us back in the day. Moeller kid. Again. My only point is the skins don’t do tryouts. Maybe Coach Evans can help us on the point.

The guy I was speaking about worked with me at Ralcorps. and General Mills. He was the old, old Summit coach. Quite a gentleman. My point is/was that things have changed. But it doesn't matter. They all have their warts. This summer continues to be a mess. And you are right about the Nashville Knights guy. He recruited one kid (1B) from Moeller and what would have been the primary catcher from Badin to be on this year's team.

Listen why do you not reveal yourself LOL?? You have no problem talking badly about everyone. If you are so great and have all the answers etc... Why do you not tell us who you are. I am sure when you reveal that It will make sense LOL people will laugh. You obviously have a Vendetta LOL it is very sad. I will pray for you.... All I am asking for is step and reveal yourself but of course Cowards do not do that. Listen as I said before I produce and have for many years helping young men period! I will not sit here and be attacked on a public forum and give in to you. You can go on and on Man/Woman who every you are lol .... Real people see through your nonsense.
Why should WildCat have to reveal himself? Why don't you just tell the truth about your credentials?