Ohio State will play Alabama in 2027 and 2028

Hmm, after Alabama slaughters the Buckeyes in Columbus, don't be surprised if the Buckeyes come up with some lame excuse not to play in Alabama the next year

Love it. I wish these two conferences could do a football challenge similar to the Big Ten/ACC basketball challenge. 1st two weekends in September. 6 games the first weekend and the other 6 on the second weekend. Bragging rights and ratings bonanza.

Also I'm all for actual scrimmages. Instead of wasting week one against Akron- let a Ohio State scrimmage an Akron the third week of August. You could charge 50% of normal ticket prices. Akron could still get a check without adding an automatic L to their resume. Ohio State can get looks from the second and third string without worrying about style points for voters.

Hmm, after Alabama slaughters the Buckeyes in Columbus, don't be surprised if the Buckeyes come up with some lame excuse not to play in Alabama the next year

They've played Alabama before and have home and home's scheduled with multiple other SEC teams. Your post is very odd.

Will Nick Saban and Ryan Day even be at these schools by then? I like that they play each other, but why do colleges schedule so many years in advance? This isn't the 1980's. These two should be playing now or within the next 3 years. These things always look good one year, and then by the time the game comes one program has fallen off.
The NCAA should come up with a rule, where after the national championship game, the next season, week 1, #1 plays #2, #3 plays #4 and so on, unless they are in the same conference then you can move up or down one spot.

Will Nick Saban and Ryan Day even be at these schools by then? I like that they play each other, but why do colleges schedule so many years in advance? This isn't the 1980's. These two should be playing now or within the next 3 years. These things always look good one year, and then by the time the game comes one program has fallen off.
The NCAA should come up with a rule, where after the national championship game, the next season, week 1, #1 plays #2, #3 plays #4 and so on, unless they are in the same conference then you can move up or down one spot.
Sounds like Bama forced it out several years. I heard Day wanted to replace a game with Bama in 2022. ??‍♂️

IMO the only way this series happens as currently outlined is if either Saban retires by then or Ohio State takes a big step backwards by that time.

Virtually all "big" out of conference games for Bama since he's been there have been kickoff classic/neutral site type deals, almost all of which have been in Atlanta and Dallas. The only big non-conference away game I can recall them having was at Penn State about 10 years ago at the end of the Paterno era.

IMO the only way this series happens as currently outlined is if either Saban retires by then or Ohio State takes a big step backwards by that time.

Virtually all "big" out of conference games for Bama since he's been there have been kickoff classic/neutral site type deals, almost all of which have been in Atlanta and Dallas. The only big non-conference away game I can recall them having was at Penn State about 10 years ago at the end of the Paterno era.
Saban will be gone.

Being they have a home and home with Texas in 2022 and 2023...and another with Wisky in 2024 and 2025...I would target 2021 as Saban's swan song, unless he wins the natty this year, then he retires on top.