Ohio State vs Michigan 2020’s

Based on current trends the Buckeyes are in total control. As for this decade, it is hard to say what will happen 10 years from now.

Just imagine, 10 years ago Clemson was a slightly above average college football program and look where they are now.

Based on current trends the Buckeyes are in total control. As for this decade, it is hard to say what will happen 10 years from now.

Just imagine, 10 years ago Clemson was a slightly above average college football program and look where they are now.
But Clemson being in the south is surrounded by H.S. talent. TSUN has very little H.S. talent, and Ohio does not have the talent it once had for TTUN to poach.

I bet no one thought the Buckeyes would go 2-10-1 in the late 70s and the decade of the 80s.

IF Michigan can get a good coach, maybe a no-name like Bo, then worm can turn again. Never say never.

I still think JCooper never understood the importance of the game and not so sure Jimmy really does either or he is secure making his $1 mil per win......

But Clemson being in the south is surrounded by H.S. talent. TSUN has very little H.S. talent, and Ohio does not have the talent it once had for TTUN to poach.

Michigan is rapidly approaching Ohio in terms of HS talent produced. An indicator as to how much Ohio has fallen and how much the efforts to identify and develop young talent in the Detroit/Flint area.

Ohio’s dropoff over the last 5-10 years has been staggering.

Just binged watched an HBO show about the 2017 Michian season. IMO, osu has nothing to worry about for the near future. Harbaugh is a complete dork. He may have been a ok QB in college and an average coach in the the pro's, but he totally sucks as a head coach at Michigan. This guy is a complete dork! How in the hell would any top flight player want to go to that crap whole like Michigan. The dorms are pathetic. Hopefully OSU is a waaaay better life experience than the piece of garbage like Michigan. Any high school coach that would allow their kids to go to that place, should be fired!!!IMO

I wouldn’t want to look any further than 5 years into the future. Regardless, I doubt much changes. Maybe Michigan sneaks out 1 win in the next 5 games. However, I think Harbaugh gets unfairly criticized at times. Michigan went from a 6-7 win team to a 9-10 win team under him. They’re consistently in the Top 10-15 every year. I understand at Michigan, with the $ the pay him, that’s not good enough, but he’s still a pretty damn good coach imo. The only program in the B10 that’s had some material success vs OSU in the last decade was Mich St from around 2013-2015. And now look at where they’re at.

During the Rich Rod & Hoke eras, the gap was more about Michigan declining than OSU ascending. After Urban took over, that flipped and OSU is continuing to rise. I don’t think there’s anyone that can CONSISTENTLY beat OSU on this current trajectory. You might have Wisky or PSU every couple of years rose up, but that’s about it.

The issue with Harbaugh is apparently he does very little in recruiting. If you're getting paid top 5 money, you have to recruit in today's college football.

The issue with Harbaugh is apparently he does very little in recruiting. If you're getting paid top 5 money, you have to recruit in today's college football.

As a Michigan fan, the number of 3 stars he recruits and settles for is disappointing

Just binged watched an HBO show about the 2017 Michian season. IMO, osu has nothing to worry about for the near future. Harbaugh is a complete dork. He may have been a ok QB in college and an average coach in the the pro's, but he totally sucks as a head coach at Michigan. This guy is a complete dork! How in the hell would any top flight player want to go to that crap whole like Michigan. The dorms are pathetic. Hopefully OSU is a waaaay better life experience than the piece of garbage like Michigan. Any high school coach that would allow their kids to go to that place, should be fired!!!IMO

What “experience?” They all take the same online classes and live in the same apartments/dorms as other football players. Don’t pretend like these players are invested in the University outside of Football, that’s childish and naive.

And that isn’t to say there aren’t athletes at either school who don’t take academics seriously, but it’s delusional to think Football isn’t the #1 driving factor behind their decision.

I think you misunderstood him. You have to understand some schools spend significantly more on dorms and football player only complexes. I think it’s Clemson that spent $55m on a complex accessible to only football players that has a barber shop, bowling alley, slides, etc. covidsucks seems to be saying Michigan’s is lacking.

I think you misunderstood him. You have to understand some schools spend significantly more on dorms and football player only complexes. I think it’s Clemson that spent $55m on a complex accessible to only football players that has a barber shop, bowling alley, slides, etc. covidsucks seems to be saying Michigan’s is lacking.
That’s what I initially thought, then I saw him mention “life experience” and that muddled up his point. These kids aren’t concerned (for the most part) about the “college experience.” They all have a goal of getting to the NFL, and they want to be put in the best position to reach that goal.

I bet no one thought the Buckeyes would go 2-10-1 in the late 70s 80's and the decade of the 80s 90's.

IF Michigan can get a good coach, maybe a no-name like Bo, then worm can turn again. Never say never.

I still think JCooper never understood the importance of the game and not so sure Jimmy really does either or he is secure making his $1 mil per win......
FYP.

I agree Cooper didn't initially understand the rivalry, but he eventually came to fear it. You could see it on his face every year.

Harbaugh understands it, but he's not a good enough coach and recruiter to win his share.

FYP.

I agree Cooper didn't initially understand the rivalry, but he eventually came to fear it. You could see it on his face every year.

Harbaugh understands it, but he's not a good enough coach and recruiter to win his share.

Michigan was 17-7-1 vs Ohio St. from 1976-2000, it wasn't all Cooper

Michigan was 17-7-1 vs Ohio St. from 1976-2000, it wasn't all Cooper
That was 0-3 during Woody’s last years, 5-4 under Earle Bruce and 2-10-1 under Cooper.

Woody was 16-11-1 vs UM...Bruce was 5-4...Cooper was 2-10-1...Tressel was 9-1...Fickell was 0-1...Urban was 7-0...Day is 1-0.

That’s 40-27-2 since Woody came aboard. The Cooper years were dark days for Buckeyes everywhere.

And 17-7-1 from 1976-2000, no matter the metric you use.
All about recruiting. Michigan got the best Ohio athletes during that time frame. Urban Meyer is one of the greatest recruiters of all time. Every year they were top 3. I’ll take a wild guess after a few years Ohio State will be closer to Michigan level since last years class was pretty bad.

2020: Justin Fields and the Buckeyes welcome Michigan to the horseshoe and route them easily on their way to a national title
2021: Ohio State is having a subpar season heading into the Michigan game with 1 loss already, and I see Michigan finally getting a win after the losing streak and with freshman phenom JJ McCarthy
2022: CJ Stroud is having a fantastic junior season and stomps Michigan in the horseshoe on the way to another national title for Ohio State

After that, it’s anybody’s guess on where the teams will be then.

Ohio State finished with the 5th ranked class for 2020 and currently has the number 1 ranked class for 2021. Day and staff seem to be doing just fine in that department.

There's a growing talent gap between these two programs particularly at the offensive skill positions.

Over the past 5 drafts OSU has produced Michael Thomas, Ezekiel Elliot, Curtis Samuel, Terry McLaurin, Parris Campbell, Dwayne Haskins and JK Dobbins. Not to mention having a top 5 overall defensive talent selected in 4 of the past 5 drafts (Marshon Lattimore at 11th overall in '17 isn't a bad consolation).

Michigan has produced only one offensive skill player that went in the top 3 rounds over the past 5 drafts and that was a WR at pick #106 in 2017.

With the way things are going, as a Michigan fan, I'd be happy only winning every other home game for the foreseeable future.

There's a growing talent gap between these two programs particularly at the offensive skill positions.

Over the past 5 drafts OSU has produced Michael Thomas, Ezekiel Elliot, Curtis Samuel, Terry McLaurin, Parris Campbell, Dwayne Haskins and JK Dobbins. Not to mention having a top 5 overall defensive talent selected in 4 of the past 5 drafts (Marshon Lattimore at 11th overall in '17 isn't a bad consolation).

Michigan has produced only one offensive skill player that went in the top 3 rounds over the past 5 drafts and that was a WR at pick #106 in 2017.

With the way things are going, as a Michigan fan, I'd be happy only winning every other home game for the foreseeable future.
They turned a 5 star in Peoples Jones into a guy who barely got drafted.

They turned a 5 star in Peoples Jones into a guy who barely got drafted.

It happens at every school. OSU had Curtis Grant and Jalin Marshall as 5*s who went undrafted. Justin Hilliard was a 5* and he is a long shot to be drafted. Clemson had Mitch Hyatt go undrafted. Alabama has had Eddie Williams, Robert Foster, Tony Brown, Blake Barnett as 5*s that went undrafted. I like sh*tting on Michigan as much as the next OSU fan but don't be stupid about it.

Last edited:
I lived through those year. They were rough. Every Michigan fan I knew spoke of it. Now I only hear crickets. ROTFLMAO!
Go Buckeyes!