Ohio State to introduce preferred seat contributions for football tickets in 2022

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Ohio State plans to require annual seat contributions for a majority of its football season-ticket holders as soon as 2022.

The donations are to be made by fans for the right to purchase season tickets in prime locations at Ohio Stadium, ranging from $100 a seat to $1,500 for a spot at midfield.

“In its simplest form, what it’s doing is shifting from an annual donation model to qualify for tickets to a per-seat donation model,” said Brett Scarbrough, an associate athletic director for ticketing and premium seating.

brianwr112

Kentucky has done this for years with season tickets for the different sports. Call it the K-Fund donation. The more you donate, the more K-Fund points you get which leads to better seating and the holy grail of tickets in Rupp for basketball.

I'm mainly a fan of the football team and had season tickets. As life got busier I decided to stop renewing based on the K-Fund donation which basically doubled the cost. Couldn't justify it if I knew I wouldn't be able to go to all the games.