Ohio State sees drop in football season tickets

thavoice

The game day experience is getting more and more expensive and more of a hassle all the time. Plus, you get a better view at home and access to all the other games.

I still like to attend live events but every year I dread it more.

Auggie

As they say, the best seat in the house is in your house.

The logistics of a 100K stadium making attending a game difficulty. Parking is anything but a breeze and with all the security needed these days you just don't waltz to the game minutes before kick off and hop in your seat. I can deal with those things, what gets me though is the in game experience, in particular TV time outs and the constant meaningless booth reviews of non-important plays. At home you can throw on another game or get up and do something else until the live action is back, in a stadium you are stuck in a seat and it can get old really quick.

thavoice

As they say, the best seat in the house is in your house.

The logistics of a 100K stadium making attending a game difficulty. Parking is anything but a breeze and with all the security needed these days you just don't waltz to the game minutes before kick off and hop in your seat. I can deal with those things, what gets me though is the in game experience, in particular TV time outs and the constant meaningless booth reviews of non-important plays. At home you can throw on another game or get up and do something else until the live action is back, in a stadium you are stuck in a seat and it can get old really quick.
I have been saying that for years about the meanlingless reviews of non important plays. I would rather see the NFL version of TO's, scoring plays and a couple of challenges. I don't mind the TV timeouts really as I can get to the concession stand/bathroom without missing quite as much.

One thing that is petty that I don't like is all the 'selling' done by the PA guys. All the sponsors, this is brought to you by...., etc, just gets over the top. I want to hear about the game and as little else as possible

ohiopup

The wife, one daughter, and sister-in-law are Alums... we take in one game about once every 4 years.
$$$$~ hassle ~ drunks~are just too much...

+ with the wall sized TV's these days (awesome) but I usually listen to the game on the
radio while I do other things outside (if the weather is nice)~nasty weather then TV.

:>---

SF

thavoice

Quite a few NFL stadiums had lots of empty seats! I think people get sixk of the non competitive nature of the games from year to year.
The games I can afford to go to I don't care to see the butt whooping.

I truly believe that he only thing that will help is a better schedule for many of the big boys. Saban even complains but damn people are tired of shelling out money for a terrible game and when. You can see it so well on tv

BlackHawk

The wife, one daughter, and sister-in-law are Alums... we take in one game about once every 4 years.
$$$$~ hassle ~ drunks~are just too much...

+ with the wall sized TV's these days (awesome) but I usually listen to the game on the
radio while I do other things outside (if the weather is nice)~nasty weather then TV.

:>---

SF
Pretty similar for me. I go to a game about every 6-8 years. Too much of a hassle, especially if you really don't know all the ins-and-outs of Columbus, the OSU campus, streets, traffic, parking, etc. It's an all-day affair from Dayton. We'd leave about four hours before the game, just so we could park miles away and walk an hour to get to the stadium, where about 200,000 people are drinking, tailgating and partying outside the stadium. Fighting crowds the entire time. Then in the stadium, fighting concession and restroom lines and often having crappy seats, with lousy views and crammed in like sardines. Coming home, it's the fun in reverse. Again, it's an all-day affair. Watching the game on TV works just fine!

I do admit, the tailgating can be fun, if you know the right group of people.

Edit: I am not an OSU alum, so I don't know the campus well. Two of my brothers are alums though, and I am a Buckeye fan too.

Last edited:

thavoice

We started to just go to away games. Indiana, Iowa, Purdue, and such over the years and is a bit more enjoyable than Ohio State with traffic, prices, parking etc. Believe Indiana a 10 dollar kids to let's under 18