Ohio State Recruiting

Oh boy, this doesn't seem too encouraging.

couple takeaways I got from it:

• They're not budging much on their NIL philosophy. He noted how the players on the team are doing quite well with NIL, and they want to continue keeping NFL development and the brotherhood as their main selling points.
  • They're making a concerted effort to focus more on Ohio going forward (I think we've seen that with the slew of Ohio offers this month). They're still going to be involved nationally, but will move on quicker than they normally would have with a kid from Florida, for example, if that kid makes it known that NIL will be a major part of his recruitment.
  • Quote on Ohio recruiting that I'm sure will be very polarizing here: "This year we signed 8 of the top 9, so we're trying. Now in the NIL world, we kind of think that number should be higher. We're really going out of our way to spend more time in the state of Ohio, and try to find guys that maybe we don't think are as good here day 1, but a couple years in the program we see potential development in a guy that comes here for the right reasons."
If they're going to focus on Ohio more, they better put pressure on the state to implement spring football. Also, Saban's response to NIL is to devote a state of the art facility to all things NIL and Ryan Day is just going to stop recruiting national 5 stars. If this is really happening then Ohio State is going to keep falling further and further behind.

Oh boy, this doesn't seem too encouraging.

couple takeaways I got from it:

• They're not budging much on their NIL philosophy. He noted how the players on the team are doing quite well with NIL, and they want to continue keeping NFL development and the brotherhood as their main selling points.
  • They're making a concerted effort to focus more on Ohio going forward (I think we've seen that with the slew of Ohio offers this month). They're still going to be involved nationally, but will move on quicker than they normally would have with a kid from Florida, for example, if that kid makes it known that NIL will be a major part of his recruitment.
  • Quote on Ohio recruiting that I'm sure will be very polarizing here: "This year we signed 8 of the top 9, so we're trying. Now in the NIL world, we kind of think that number should be higher. We're really going out of our way to spend more time in the state of Ohio, and try to find guys that maybe we don't think are as good here day 1, but a couple years in the program we see potential development in a guy that comes here for the right reasons."
If they're going to focus on Ohio more, they better put pressure on the state to implement spring football. Also, Saban's response to NIL is to devote a state of the art facility to all things NIL and Ryan Day is just going to stop recruiting national 5 stars. If this is really happening then Ohio State is going to keep falling further and further behind.

You mean a couple of takeaways Prof20, Brutus16 and BGSUBucksfan on Elevenwarriors got from it. Weird how after the first sentence your post is just a combination of their posts word for word lol
31A4A190-EBE4-40E9-9AB8-F275C2CC2C75.png
1ADE0EA7-3214-4FFD-9CBA-D12CABEBC72E.png

I find it weird that you care so much, I watched the video. It's exactly as they described. This isn't a college essay and I don't have to cite my sources.
Calm down, weirdo. No one said you had to cite sources. I just find it absolutely hysterical you claimed it as your takeaways when it was in fact not your takeaways but just copying and pasting others’ words.

Happy does it in the debate forum all the time, he’s probably appropriate company for you.

Calm down, weirdo. No one said you had to cite sources. I just find it absolutely hysterical you claimed it as your takeaways when it was in fact not your takeaways but just copying and pasting others’ words.

Happy does it in the debate forum all the time, he’s probably appropriate company for you.
The only weird person here is you dude.

The only weird person here is you dude.
Id rather be weird than too dumb to express my thoughts into words and have to copy and paste someone else’s words. But ironic coming from the guy having a meltdown over a college football team recruiting teenage boys. That’s pretty weird.

Id rather be weird than too dumb to express my thoughts into words and have to copy and paste someone else’s words. But ironic coming from the guy having a meltdown over a college football team recruiting teenage boys. That’s pretty weird.
You’re already too dumb for that, I have yet to see you post anything remotely intelligent about sports. All you try and do is point and laugh at others and believe you’re the smarter person without ever any counter arguments or scheme suggestions. Just a complete effing moron honestly.

You’re already too dumb for that, I have yet to see you post anything remotely intelligent about sports. All you try and do is point and laugh at others and believe you’re the smarter person without ever any counter arguments or scheme suggestions. Just a complete effing moron honestly.
It’s not my fault you have poor reading comprehension. Which makes sense you need to rely on copying and pasting others words.

Also it’s equally entertaining watching you lash out like a child for getting caught copying and pasting and passing it off as your own.

It’s not my fault you have poor reading comprehension. Which makes sense you need to rely on copying and pasting others words.

Also it’s equally entertaining watching you lash out like a child for getting caught copying and pasting and passing it off as your own.
Nice job trying to deflect.

I find it ironic for somebody such as yourself accusing me of getting so upset about college football recruiting when in fact here you are posting on this same message board.

Nice job trying to deflect.

I find it ironic for somebody such as yourself accusing me of getting so upset about college football recruiting when in fact here you are posting on this same message board.
There was no deflection there.

There’s a huge difference between posting on a message board and having a month long meltdown about the level of OSU’s recruiting. There’s nothing ironic about that lol

There was no deflection there.

There’s a huge difference between posting on a message board and having a month long meltdown about the level of OSU’s recruiting. There’s nothing ironic about that lol
Yes there was.

Also, what does it matter what content I post? If you’re so above it then why are you even here? For somebody who knows nothing about football to accuse someone else of melting down is just odd or me.

Yes there was.

Also, what does it matter what content I post? If you’re so above it then why are you even here? For somebody who knows nothing about football to accuse someone else of melting down is just odd or me.
Dude you are a human Chernobyl - constant meltdown mode. You are always angry, you want OSU hoops to lose every game, you want Gene Smith fired, Chris Holtmann fired, and I'm sure Ryan Day as well. Maybe calm down. Every team, even an OSU team, might have a bad season once in a while.

Dude you are a human Chernobyl - constant meltdown mode. You are always angry, you want OSU hoops to lose every game, you want Gene Smith fired, Chris Holtmann fired, and I'm sure Ryan Day as well. Maybe calm down. Every team, even an OSU team, might have a bad season once in a while.
Not gonna apologize for wanting to win at all costs. I see the trajectory of both programs and it isn’t good.

He grew up in suburban Columbus. Don’t expect to be pulling many five stars out of Texas if Herman and Jimbo crank it up, and if Oklahoma can keep up its usual standards.

One thing OSU has going for them, besides the brand, in recruiting nationally is there are so many people that moved from Ohio to football hotbeds like Georgia, Texas, FL, Cali, MD/VA, the Carolinas...and retained their OSU loyalty. Their kids grow up thinking of OSU as an option moreso than does your typical southern kid.
And yet UGA STILL manages to compete, after having lost 75% of the high value prospects in the state, to a dozen other schools. Can you imagine what affect signing Trevor Lawrence would have had at UGA?

The Gumps have had TWO back-to-back. And yet lil Nicky Satan was able to pull a wabbit out of his hat, to avoid-back to-back, FIVE loss seasons. And NOW, they have NO Henry ToTo, NO Will Anderson, NO Koolaide McKenstry, NO Jaymal Gibbs, and NO OC/DC! 😂 😂 😂

lol damnit, Pantoni talks about trying to win the regional recruiting wars and they lose Jordan Marshall to TTUN.

On the one hand, I’m not too annoyed because it is the RB stable and (who knows) how it’ll look down the line. On the other, looks like it’s “try to beat out OU and Texas” for James Peoples and SWD is the safety-valve back in the class.

It sucks losing a recruit to Michigan that is an Ohio kid and was offered. Even if OSU were to sign the class of ‘24s version of Henderson, it sucks to lose one to them. The appeal makes sense from Marshall’s standpoint: Corum and Edwards likely gone by the 2024 season, doesn’t seem like any real peaking order behind them, plenty of opportunity early for Marshall, 2-0 against OSU the last 2 years, 2 big ten titles, 2 playoff appearances.

Runningback recruiting has been bizarre lately. OSU has had had plenty of on the field success and draft success under Alford this shouldn’t be a problem. I can’t remember which ‘23 back said it, maybe Young, but Alford was a father figure for him. Recruits speaking glowingly about him so it isn’t a personality/relationship building issue. Outside Tre though, it’s been rough landing those elite backs coming out of HS. Not to discredit Williams and Hayden, they have performed well and exceeded expectations.

After watching basketball last weekend, I want to know when the offer is dropping for the freshman from Hoban lol.

Probably currently goes 6'7 and around 275 pounds. He was easily one of their three best players and in the D1 state finals he more than held his own against Mr. Basketball Devin Royal in the post. Freakishly fluid and athletic for a kid of his age and size. Looks the part of a young future first round offensive tackle.

After watching basketball last weekend, I want to know when the offer is dropping for the freshman from Hoban lol.

Probably currently goes 6'7 and around 275 pounds. He was easily one of their three best players and in the D1 state finals he more than held his own against Mr. Basketball Devin Royal in the post. Freakishly fluid and athletic for a kid of his age and size. Looks the part of a young future first round offensive tackle.
I have heard about this kid, it sounds like he has already grown into that frame and as you called out could be a generational talent. If he was anywhere other than at Hoban I would say he would be IMG bound. With Chris Henry already holding an offer 2026 could be a solid year in Ohio...

Runningback recruiting has been bizarre lately. OSU has had had plenty of on the field success and draft success under Alford this shouldn’t be a problem. I can’t remember which ‘23 back said it, maybe Young, but Alford was a father figure for him. Recruits speaking glowingly about him so it isn’t a personality/relationship building issue. Outside Tre though, it’s been rough landing those elite backs coming out of HS. Not to discredit Williams and Hayden, they have performed well and exceeded expectations.
Well probably spoke too soon about not landing an elite back in awhile. Not a 100% interview to commit correlation, but recruits who do a Birminology end up a Buckeye more often than not, and Birm just dropped one with James Peoples. Top 75 recruit, #5 rb per the 24/7 composite. Plays in Texas, from a military base in Germany, has family in Cleveland and Youngstown.

Outside Tre though, it’s been rough landing those elite backs coming out of HS.
Evan Pryor was the 7th rated running back when he signed with the Bucks. He was a big time get. Hard to tell what he would have done if he hadn't been injured last year.