Ohio State Recruiting

He may be young, but he's not very impressive so far.
I believe he received a perfect score from the recruiting rankings? One of the first ever. I believe the same rating happened for the QB recruit, Raiola, who recently decommitted from Ohio State. His actual season stats in Arizona were fairly pedestrian this year.

I believe he received a perfect score from the recruiting rankings? One of the first ever. I believe the same rating happened for the QB recruit, Raiola, who recently decommitted from Ohio State. His actual season stats in Arizona were fairly pedestrian this year.

D.J. Uiagalelei from Clemson and now in the portal was the No. 1, 5 star QB coming out of high school. Recruiting rankings on the whole do matter, but quantity also matters as you don't know which four or five stars will be busts in college and which three stars will be great college players.

Recruiting has taken a dip. Was two days ago our best chance for a title for a very long time? We are not hitting at offensive tackle, defensive end, or linebacker in recruiting right now. We got two very good corners but we needed 4 and two good ones decommitted. Just not getting it done there

No. They are at number 6, probably will finish at #7 after the late signing period.
Didn't Texas A&M put together a hell of a recruiting class? Only to watch it blow up? I don't like decisions Day is making. But, the team surprised me again Georgia. I could argue they played better. It's tough being a fanatic. I mean that in a good way. :)

This probably isn't the group to have a meltdown over. 18/20 were 4 stars plus 5 star Innis.

Numbers adjusted they did as well or better than everyone but Alabama.

With the portal, measuring classes in advance might be deceiving, both ways. Showing that fight in a semi will pay dividends recruiting. As far as best chance at a title for a very long time? With a 12 team playoff a year plus away, nope

Lol. I guess it’s all how you want to look at it.
It's not how I look at it, it's the truth. Games aren't only won at the WR position. What made OSU's offense great were Dawand Jones and Paris Johnson being able to block elite edge guys. Those guys are gone now and we have not replaced them with elite recruits.

It's not how I look at it, it's the truth. Games aren't only won at the WR position. What made OSU's offense great were Dawand Jones and Paris Johnson being able to block elite edge guys. Those guys are gone now and we have not replaced them with elite recruits.
Did you analyze all of the other teams in the same manner ? Because if you didn’t your observation isn’t really all that valuable. In fact to really know how much talent a team has one would need to know per position how they rank.

Jones was not an elite recruit. He was a 3 star developmental project. You can never tell who is going to ball out and who isn’t until they really start their OSU career. Paris was a true 5 star and he definitely lived up to the hype.

Dawand Jones was ranked outside of the top 1,000 nationally. He had a handful of high-end offers, but was definitely a major developmental project.

Not too many sure things in OL recruiting and it's probably the toughest position group to project. The stars usually seem to matter less than the development.

Did you analyze all of the other teams in the same manner ? Because if you didn’t your observation isn’t really all that valuable. In fact to really know how much talent a team has one would need to know per position how they rank.
Only the teams that win such as Georgia and Alabama. OSU isn’t close to either

Did you watch last night? Not even close? They were a missed FG from beating Georgia. You are off the rails.
Dude, I’m not talking about two nights ago. Im talking about what’s going to happen in the not so distant future if OSU doesn’t get behind NIL because they whiffed on a lot of players in the 2023 class. Created a decent distance between them and Georgia/Alabama

Dude, I’m not talking about two nights ago. Im talking about what’s going to happen in the not so distant future if OSU doesn’t get behind NIL because they whiffed on a lot of players in the 2023 class. Created a decent distance between them and Georgia/Alabama
Not too worried about Bama. As soon as Saban retires they are back to normal. Smart has things going well at UGA. I expect it to continue. Wasn’t too long ago Dabo had Clemson as the measuring stick. Not now. Ohio State is at a level of very few programs right now. There isn’t anything in their latest class that’s going to change that.

Not too worried about Bama. As soon as Saban retires they are back to normal. Smart has things going well at UGA. I expect it to continue. Wasn’t too long ago Dabo had Clemson as the measuring stick. Not now. Ohio State is at a level of very few programs right now. There isn’t anything in their latest class that’s going to change that.
Problem is OSU isn’t beating those teams at the top. OSU is always around but they rarely if ever win outside of Clemson 2 years ago and a title which is now 9 years ago starting with the 2023 season.

Problem is OSU isn’t beating those teams at the top. OSU is always around but they rarely if ever win outside of Clemson 2 years ago and a title which is now 9 years ago starting with the 2023 season.
What do you think Georgia would be thinking tonight if Ruggles hits that FG? That the world is ending? Probably not.

I remember watching an interview with Smart right after the playoff match ups were announced and he said he expected a tough game because they recruit the same players.

Inflated by the great WR haul we had. Really whiffed at Safety, linebacker, defensive end, and offensive tackle
Hartline is a proven recruiter. OSU will produce plenty of 1st round WR picks. Need secondary recruits, it's been abysmal for multiple seasons.

Hartline is a proven recruiter. OSU will produce plenty of 1st round WR picks. Need secondary recruits, it's been abysmal for multiple seasons.
Yes. As well as offensive tackles, defensive tackles, and defensive ends. Whiffed badly in those areas although I do think Kayden McDonald is extremely underrated and should be a top 50 ranked prospect