Ohio State Football 2023

Liar. The SEC forced UGA to drop that game.

A LIAR you say? A LIAR is one who intentionally misrepresents 411. A LIAR is CRAAAZY JOE, who does so every time he opens his big fat mouf. The NCAA was the info that I received.

Moving right along however. It seems as though there was a shooting over the weekend, involving VHS players. If I find out any details, I will attempt to be a TRUTH DETECTOR!

NOW, a LIAR is one who brags about winning 500 state titles, without having ever one a single one on the field of play.

A LIAR you say? A LIAR is one who intentionally misrepresents 411. A LIAR is CRAAAZY JOE, who does so every time he opens his big fat mouf. The NCAA was the info that I received.

Moving right along however. It seems as though there was a shooting over the weekend, involving VHS players. If I find out any details, I will attempt to be a TRUTH DETECTOR!

NOW, a LIAR is one who brags about winning 500 state titles, without having ever one a single one on the field of play.
baby cry GIF by MarginDigital

Cardale's place in the record books supercedes building a statue of him. His career was known for only 3 games. If they had to build a statue recognizing a player from that era, then J.T. Barrett IV is the most deserving. His career, from Freshmen to Senior was the most impactful to the program. Only QB to go 4-0 against Michigan. Only 3 time captain. Holds 25 records for Ohio State. Owns the record for most passing td's, total td's, and offensive yards in the B10. Didn't have any notable professional year, but is QB's coach for Lions.

Cardale's place in the record books supercedes building a statue of him. His career was known for only 3 games. If they had to build a statue recognizing a player from that era, then J.T. Barrett IV is the most deserving. His career, from Freshmen to Senior was the most impactful to the program. Only QB to go 4-0 against Michigan. Only 3 time captain. Holds 25 records for Ohio State. Owns the record for most passing td's, total td's, and offensive yards in the B10. Didn't have any notable professional year, but is QB's coach for Lions.
Just to clarify. Are you saying he didn’t have a notable professional playing career, or the Lions aren’t a notable professional team? ;)
ps, I like the Lions and think they’re heading in the right direction.

All three qbs who played that year did their jobs exceptionally well. Cardale’s physical play was just what was needed at the right time.

Just to clarify. Are you saying he didn’t have a notable professional playing career, or the Lions aren’t a notable professional team? ;)
ps, I like the Lions and think they’re heading in the right direction.

All three qbs who played that year did their jobs exceptionally well. Cardale’s physical play was just what was needed at the right time.
Lions are trending up, I like where they're going, and being that he is the QB coach he has something to do with that.

It is being reported that OSU’s 3 locked rivals will be Michigan, Penn St and USC for the first 4 years. I doubt the Bama and Texas series are played

It is being reported that OSU’s 3 locked rivals will be Michigan, Penn St and USC for the first 4 years. I doubt the Bama and Texas series are played
Saw that. I also saw some rumors Michigan and Penn State are annually protected games and USC will rotate every few years. Will be interesting to say the least. Based on recent history those are the 4 best teams in the Big 10, although you could swap MSU for anyone not named OSU, should make for a lot of complaints and great games.

Tangential to OSU news, as it impacts the NFL Combine and Draft, but arrest warrants are now out for Jalen Carter (reckless driving and racing) in relation to the crash that killed his former teammate and a recruiting staff member. Yikes.

So, how will OSU respond if that is the case ( the three toughest teams as locked rivals) when some other team will draw Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota, or Illinois on their list? Is it an attempt at achieving "parity"? This is the school that dropped Washington to schedule someone like Mt. St. Joe, so they couldn't be very happy. Or, would they be satisfied just making the playoffs?

So, how will OSU respond if that is the case ( the three toughest teams as locked rivals) when some other team will draw Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota, or Illinois on their list? Is it an attempt at achieving "parity"? This is the school that dropped Washington to schedule someone like Mt. St. Joe, so they couldn't be very happy. Or, would they be satisfied just making the playoffs?
Dopped UW to add another home game for financial reasons, I am sure OSU would have been more than happy to play UW back-to-back games at home.

Like they are hurting for money. Good luck against The Mount.
This from Cleveland. com:
According to an OSU spokesperson, a few factors went into the decision to withdraw from the series.

Ohio State plays only six home games this fall. While the budget is adjusted accordingly, teams typically play at least seven home games to accommodate spending across all programs. Ohio State is also paying back a $48 million loan it received from the school to make up for budget shortages related to a lack of football attendance and other factors during the COVID-19 pandemic.

In a world of college football with 12 playoff teams, I don’t really mind. I’d prefer OSU to go undefeated every year and win the Big 10 title but I’ll take 11-1, 10-2 and make the playoffs while playing against an offense like USC and a defense like Michigan in the regular season to prep them for the playoffs vs. 12-0 with annual games against Rutgers, Maryland and Minnesota.

Like they are hurting for money. Good luck against The Mount.
I mean, in a sense yes they are lol. They aren’t operating at a loss, no. But they have to float 30+ non revenue generating sports, pay off massive loans during the COVID year, build cash reserves for capital projects so they don’t continue to take out massive loans, and (hopeful thinking) come up with money to buyout their basketball coach in roughly 14 months + hire a new one/staff. Times are lean, relatively speaking, for Ohio State right now.

Besides, even if they aren’t hurting for money, since when is it looked down upon in America to make more money? I thought that was kind of the name of the game here.

Bingo. OSU is rolling in TV money. They just don’t want a schedule that knocks them out of the playoffs.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Piss poor troll effort. The committee isn’t leaving out a 2 loss Ohio State and you know it. Too much money to be made by them making a 12 team playoff. Do better next time.

and (hopeful thinking) come up with money to buyout their basketball coach in roughly 14 months + hire a new one/staff.

Besides, even if they aren’t hurting for money, since when is it looked down upon in America to make more money? I thought that was kind of the name of the game here.
I don’t follow college hoops too closely, but is OSU really going to bring back Holtmann after this dumpster fire of a season? I figured he’d be as good as gone after next week.

As for the latter paragraph, we probably should be looking down on public institutions that seek to suck taxpayers/fans dry of every last dollar possible in order to hand out exorbitant salaries and spend excessively.

I don’t follow college hoops too closely, but is OSU really going to bring back Holtmann after this dumpster fire of a season? I figured he’d be as good as gone after next week.

As for the latter paragraph, we probably should be looking down on public institutions that seek to suck taxpayers/fans dry of every last dollar possible in order to hand out exorbitant salaries and spend excessively.

As far as I can tell, the most expensive firing in college basketball, adjusted for inflation, was Kevin Ollie at $11m. OSU won’t be the school to nearly double the most expensive hiring in college basketball history especially since the guy has done okay (not great by any means) prior to this disaster of a year.

But good call on the university spending. Instead of making $0 at Washington they paid Washington $500k. Now OSU will make, based off 2022 FY revenue report that was just released, about $6.7m (this figure only factors 2022 average per game ticket sales, parking, concession. Does not include media money, conference bowl game distribution, etc) that they no longer need to suck from the taxpayer. Sounds like you not only approve but applaud OSU canceling Washington.

Oh yes they are, all thanks to Gene Smith. Worst AD in America. Basketball program is as good as dead, nobody will go see that S**t show next season with a lame duck coach and bad team.

I don’t need to ask because of two reasons:
1) Because he’s an African-American isnt a valid reason
2) 99% of 4 year colleges/universities would hire Smith yesterday as their AF
Or you don't ask because you suck at actually attempting to have a conversation but carry on.

I look for quite a bit of movement to the transfer portal after everything shakes out. Heard Chip Traynum has been working out to make a serious run at running back. With Henderson and Williams recovering from injuries, the rest of the running backs might get a chance to establish themselves. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple move on. Safety could be another position that some of the nonstarters might not hang around. I can't see not starting Styles and Stokes and wouldn't be surprised if they considered leaving if they don't. Don't know if Martinez and Ransom would be happy as backups. Offensive linemen might exit if it appears OSU will look to the portal for tackles if no one steps forward during practice.

Stroud had a REAL good Combine today....
JSN as well. Don’t think there was ever a real threat to drop out of the first for him but with the injury he was probably headed to the second half of the first round. The OSU Pro Day 40 time won’t be as accurate as the combine would have, but he’ll need to have a solid showing there and I think he’ll be a lock for the top 15. He had some elite agility and change of direction numbers over the weekend.