Ohio State Football 2023

Indiana stinks. That is far from an interesting game.

That said, Ohio State is likely to be a three-loss team next year, so them trouncing the Hoosiers will be fool’s gold in all likelihood.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Yep, the Buckeyes schedule will suck with ND being only mediocre. It would help if ND was at least a competitive program

Indiana stinks. That is far from an interesting game.

That said, Ohio State is likely to be a three-loss team next year, so them trouncing the Hoosiers will be fool’s gold in all likelihood.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
That would be terrifying if that happened considering all all of the talent that is leaving the program after next season with recruiting starting to become more and more of a struggle as well

I wasn't saying it's a bad move, just confirming what the film has said. Hopefully he does have that 2-star chip on his shoulder. He's going to need it.
looks like he is going to get a shot at center.... goos pickup by the Bucks.... no matter what a couple TROLLS say..

Depth piece. Playing left tackle last year tells me he was his team's best OL despite lack of length. ULM played 7-8 bowl teams including playing Alabama and Texas.

Maybe he has a chance to compete at center. He has 20+ starts and has played tackle, guard, and center. I wouldn't expect a lot, but adding competition is good and he can probably be a serviceable backup at all three interior spots on the line.

Don't see that this was mentioned here, but Proctor is returning for a 6th year.

I thought his lack of usage was baffling at times last year. Considering he's coming back as opposed to portalling out, I would think there's been a fairly rosy picture painted in regards to a path of playing time at safety. I'd look for a lot of him paired with Ransom.

Two big wild cards with all of the returners in the back 7 are Sonny Styles and C.J. Hicks. They have to at least be in a rotation if not a specific package, right? There was near no rotation at either linebacker or safety last year.

They will lose an enormous amount of talent and experience after next year, and they'll need those two to be the big talent and leaders on defense in 2024.

Add in Kye Stokes to that list. With Ja'had Carter should be an interesting safety battle this year. Proctor may not start.
I like Proctor a lot but Ransom coming back is subtraction by addition. That guy is just not good but with an inept DC like Knowles I expect Ransom to be starting again. Really hurts players like Stokes, Styles, Carter that all need to be starting.

I like Proctor a lot but Ransom coming back is subtraction by addition. That guy is just not good but with an inept DC like Knowles I expect Ransom to be starting again. Really hurts players like Stokes, Styles, Carter that all need to be starting.
I disagree. I think Ransom is a very good safety. Late season injuries had him out in coverage on WRs, though, and that’s not his game.

I disagree. I think Ransom is a very good safety. Late season injuries had him out in coverage on WRs, though, and that’s not his game.
Not his game but at the same time he’s awful in coverage with bad technique. That is something you should have down after one year in college and he’s a third year player. He’s also small and not overly fast. Stokes, Styles, Carter should be the starters. Time for some bigger, faster, longer players.

He left his jock on the field and fell down against tsun and Georgia. Gave up touchdowns on both those horrible plays. Those two plays, in huge games, are hard to overlook.

James Laurinaitis is returning to the Bucks to be a GA working with the linebackers. He was apparently a legit recruiter in his short time at ND, so excited to see if they can capitalize on this moving forward. Great move, IMO.

James Laurinaitis is returning to the Bucks to be a GA working with the linebackers. He was apparently a legit recruiter in his short time at ND, so excited to see if they can capitalize on this moving forward. Great move, IMO.
This is an absolute home run hire from what I understand. People have been complaining how bad our defensive staff is at recruiting and we need younger more vibrant characters on that side. Now we need Tim Walton to go back to the NFL and for LJ to retire.

This is an absolute home run hire from what I understand. People have been complaining how bad our defensive staff is at recruiting and we need younger more vibrant characters on that side. Now we need Tim Walton to go back to the NFL and for LJ to retire.
Makes total sense. My guess is that he takes over the LB room in '24, and Knowles is just the overall DC. And biggest bonus, having a former player on that side of the ball who gets The Rivalry.

Makes total sense. My guess is that he takes over the LB room in '24, and Knowles is just the overall DC. And biggest bonus, having a former player on that side of the ball who gets The Rivalry.
Agreed, so he’s going to be the linebackers coach this season? Is that correct?

He left his jock on the field and fell down against tsun and Georgia. Gave up touchdowns on both those horrible plays. Those two plays, in huge games, are hard to overlook.
Blame Knowles. No way Ransom should have been out on the edge vs UGA, and no way the safeties should have been in man all game against UM with that idiotic defense Knowles used in that game. Ransom is good at the position he is supposed to play…safety.

Agreed, so he’s going to be the linebackers coach this season? Is that correct?
No. He’s technically going to be a GA this year, but I assume in name only. He held that same GA title at ND. Coaching staffs are supposedly going to grow with the looming CFB expansion. Once this occurs, and the 10 assistant limit is lifted, he should bump up. That or just can Parker Fleming and move the Little Animal up now. Based upon the abysmal play on Special Teams this past year, I’m not sure why he’s still employed here anyway.