Ohio State Football 2023

What do you mean? Gonna need an explanation for that one.
Urban retired 2019, Kevin was coordinator from 2017-22. From 2020-2022 he never beat Michigan ('20 game was cancelled), only had one B10 title, and was 1-2 in the playoffs. Not saying he's a bad coach, but there was a difference in performance between Meyer's recruits and Day's recruits.

I will also add that Ryan Day hasn’t won a big game in quite awhile and is on decently thin ice right now. This next season is extremely crucial for him to not only win but recruit a top 3 class since 2023 was not an elite one
actually it was a pretty good recruit class, read where it stood only behind , i think Bama in the so called STAR power... i get you don't like Coach Day....... LOL!!

I will also add that Ryan Day hasn’t won a big game in quite awhile and is on decently thin ice right now. This next season is extremely crucial for him to not only win but recruit a top 3 class since 2023 was not an elite one
do you have inside info that he is on THIN ice?

Everyone had zero play calling duties before they started calling the plays. In my opinion the offense might need a little different mind to help call plays. As the saying goes, those who do the same thing over and over again and fail, yet expect a different result are insane. Is it a risk to make Hartline the OC? Yes. Did Kevin Wilson do anything remarkable enough to leave his mark on the program as one of the greatest coaches at OSU? No.
i still say that the injuries to the Running back rooms really held this OFF back this year... all three of the TOP 3 RB's were affected by injury, Henderson was NOT the same Rb this season as he was last year, fractured foot and problems with Ligaments, Pryor going down for the year, and Williams being banged up was HUGE..... and then you lose the TOP reciever in the Nation..... part of the game , next man up, i get that.... but it was a HUGE affect on the program this year...

Yes it’s possible. I don’t know what the back room discussions were and we will probably never know
if it was about money.. Hartline probably would have left the program 2 years ago.... but the dude loves Tosu, just from reading over the years what the boys leaving the program... have said about him......i'll TRUST Days decision on him, you spend as much time as these coaches spend with each other on the field, in the Woody, on the road recruiting, Hartline deserves the TITLE!!!

Hartline will have a great year next year and subsequently be offered a HCing position at another Power 5. Rising star, enjoy him while you got him.

And do not kid yourself, Day will still be heavily involved which he should be as he is one of the best offensive minds in the game. I just believe sometimes he gets overly consumed on his passing schemes in games were he could establish the run a bit more to soften the defense.

Urban retired 2019, Kevin was coordinator from 2017-22. From 2020-2022 he never beat Michigan ('20 game was cancelled), only had one B10 title, and was 1-2 in the playoffs. Not saying he's a bad coach, but there was a difference in performance between Meyer's recruits and Day's recruits.
I think you’re putting the blame on the wrong person there

actually it was a pretty good recruit class, read where it stood only behind , i think Bama in the so called STAR power... i get you don't like Coach Day....... LOL!!
Lmao the star average is only good because of the unreal WR recruiting. Very average class everywhere else. You don’t win games with only WRs last I checked

1 five star, 1 3 star and 18 4 stars..... not bad if you are into Star rankings...... i mean malcom Jenkins was a 3 star recruit...... how did he turn out?
I don’t remember Malcolm Jenkins winning a national championship unless I’m mistaken?

WTH does that have to do with it... do you even know who he was? He became a HECkva player in College and in the PROS, you do remember that don't you?
What is has to do is that stars MATTER. The best teams recruit the best and at all positions. If they didn’t matter then Bama and Georgia would t be winning all of the titles recently

Hmm. Probably needed the OC title to justify the pay increase needed for Hartline. I agree with a lot of the above sentiments. I'm not very concerned about the lack of play calling experience and would expect Day to still be heavily involved if not still calling the plays.

What is has to do is that stars MATTER. The best teams recruit the best and at all positions. If they didn’t matter then Bama and Georgia would t be winning all of the titles recently
yes and the BUCKEYES have all kind of 4 and 5 stars players on their team..... by the way what college team do you root for again?

so this might not last long, but with Strouds decision has to be made today.... if Stroud STAYS does McCord Go?

so this might not last long, but with Strouds decision has to be made today.... if Stroud STAYS does McCord Go?
I would say yes. It would be bad timing for McCord. So many other QBs have entered the portal and found new homes. His choices are more limited. Add into the fact that January 18 is the last day to enter the portal as a non-graduate until April.

One-time transfer (non-graduate)

Players who haven’t transferred previously will be immediately eligible if they provide a written request to their school to enter the transfer portal within the two transfer windows. The first begins the day after championship selections are made (Dec. 5, 2022) and runs through the next 45 days (Jan. 18, 2023). Accommodations will be made for players in championship games. The second transfer window is April 15-30. Schools must enter players’ names into the transfer portal within two business days of the written request to enter. Players may also enter the transfer portal within 30 days of the removal of a head coach.

Without satisfying the one-time transfer criteria, players must complete a full academic year at the new school before being eligible to play, though an NCAA waiver to play right away is possible.

I would say yes. It would be bad timing for McCord. So many other QBs have entered the portal and found new homes. His choices are more limited. Add into the fact that January 18 is the last day to enter the portal as a non-graduate until April.

One-time transfer (non-graduate)​

Players who haven’t transferred previously will be immediately eligible if they provide a written request to their school to enter the transfer portal within the two transfer windows. The first begins the day after championship selections are made (Dec. 5, 2022) and runs through the next 45 days (Jan. 18, 2023). Accommodations will be made for players in championship games. The second transfer window is April 15-30. Schools must enter players’ names into the transfer portal within two business days of the written request to enter. Players may also enter the transfer portal within 30 days of the removal of a head coach.

Without satisfying the one-time transfer criteria, players must complete a full academic year at the new school before being eligible to play, though an NCAA waiver to play right away is possible.
thought the same thing, lots of schools have filled up on transfer QB....... but the way things are going, not many schools would turndown a opportunity to get a QB like MCCord?

i can't believe that Stroud will stay... with the opportunity for him in the NFL... i think it is either him or Bama's QB on who is the first QB picked

Eh. It's been a long time since I think you could say Ohio State has had a "bad" offensive line. The tackles won't be nearly as good as what they had this year, especially Paris Johnson, but again, the tackle tandem they had this year was probably the best they've had since Orlando Pace and Korey Stringer in the mid-90s.

I wouldn't be overly worried about it until it's actually a noted problem, which I seriously doubts occurs against the majority of their opponents.

McCord vs. Brown will be good. Always excited to see a new era at the QB position. Good luck to CJ! I think Brown's mobility and athleticism might be the deal breaker by August. Do they have one or two tuneups before South Bend?