Ohio State Football 2016

Gh0st

Lots of new faces, but no shortage of talent. Fairly challenging schedule with Okalahoma, Wisconsin, Penn St, and MSU all away. 12-0 definitely gets a playoff spot and likely #1 seed. 11-1 is a maybe depending on how the rest of the season shakes out.

Less than a week away til the start of the season.

Discuss...

ChadThunder

Cooling Off
If they win the B10, they'll be in. If they don't, it'll be rough.

Bad year to have Oklahoma on the road, on paper this is one of Stoops' best teams.

Auggie

Two things to keep an eye on in the early going that will indicate how this team will do>

1) How the right side of the OL performs.

2) How the OLBs perform.

I am tempted to add RB but my guess is they already will be adjusting the game plan to look more like Urban's Florida offense and that JT Barett will be the primary running threat.

Auggie

Torrance Gibson suspended for the season for violation of student code of conduct.

He might as well transfer at this point.
Classic player for a SEC school to scoop up and make it work with a little "special" treatment. My guess is Auburn & Miss State are likely landing spots, also need to look at home town Miami if Richt brings some SEC style tactics to the U.

Frank Underwood

Cooling Off
Classic player for a SEC school to scoop up and make it work with a little "special" treatment. My guess is Auburn & Miss State are likely landing spots, also need to look at home town Miami if Richt brings some SEC style tactics to the U.
Maybe. Richt just kicked 2 kids off and both had NFL potential, albeit one moreso than the other.

Jhubbs77

Wonder what Gibson did...can't remember many times I've seen a coach come right out against a university's decision

James Cramerica

Cooling Off
I just saw he said it's from the university and not the athletic department and he disagrees with it.

Yeah, that makes me really curious about what happened.

Michael Bluth

I just saw he said it's from the university and not the athletic department and he disagrees with it.

Yeah, that makes me really curious about what happened.
As Auggie mentioned, the rumor is Gibson snapped 'booty' photos of a tutor he was hooking up with. After he dumped/stopped hooking up with her, she got p*zzed about the photos and turned him in to the school for harassment. In the current political climate, the school made an example of him and gave him the entire season off.

Urban hasn't hesitated to suspend players immediately for anything involving a female (Hyde got four games, Dunn was kicked off entirely), so (to me) it says a lot that he publicly voiced disagreement with the decision.

Termite2

What was his suspension last year for? the "off-field maturity issues".

"The position change has given Gibson troubles at times, and he was suspended for a game during his redshirt season a year ago."

The Dock

I used to respect Urban Meyer very highly, and while I still respect him as a speaker and what he tries to get out of his kids physically and mentally, I'm rather put off by his disagreement.

Look, the only reason why he disagrees with the university's decision is because it puts him in a tough spot for the purposes of his job: putting Ohio State football in the best position to win. It's not his jurisdiction nor his place to levy the suspension when the matter falls under the pretense of sexual harassment of another student. That's the university's job. While there is some uncertainty as to what "exactly" happened, the rumor blocks and forums all pretty much connect into the simple fact whatever it was that he did, it was sexual harassment.

The university needs to set an example that sexual harassment is 100% intolerable. It doesn't matter if you play football for the Buckeyes, or if you're the #1 Keystone Light smasher in your fraternity, or if you're just some random shmuck. No means no. No if's, and's, or but's.

I am very disappointed in Gibson's actions simply because he should have known better. The rumor and claim is this involved a tutor of his. Hey Torrance? Your grades were awful last year. You obviously have to go to the tutor either as a part of some probationary plan Urban and the school cooked up to keep you eligible to justify your scholarship and to play on the field, or because you know your grades are bad. DON'T DO THIS CRAP.

ChadThunder

Cooling Off
It sounds to me like she thought she was his main b**** and it turned out she was a side piece so she sought revenge. Pretty standard hood-rat behavior

The Dock

It sounds to me like she thought she was his main b**** and it turned out she was a side piece so she sought revenge. Pretty standard hood-rat behavior
What a beaming contribution to the global discourse on sexual harassment on college campuses and the ways in which we discipline it.

ChadThunder

Cooling Off
What a beaming contribution to the global discourse on sexual harassment on college campuses and the ways in which we discipline it.
Classifying taking a pic of your sexual partners butt as sexual harassment really does a disservice to people who are truly sexually harassed and I for one am deeply offended by your problematic language.

The Dock

It's material created with a sexual connotation on an unwilling participant that can be spread around without the consent of the victim.

Also, I don't believe for a second that the only thing Torrance Gibson did was "snap a photo of her butt" and he is now facing a semester suspension from the university.

ChadThunder

Cooling Off
It's material created with a sexual connotation on an unwilling participant
She was unwilling? That's an assumption I wouldn't make.

Does it ever occur to you people that crying about and labeling every single perceived slight you can find as sexual harassment undermines actual cases of harassment and harm?

The Dock

She was unwilling? That's an assumption I wouldn't make.
Ohio State's relevant tribunal of student conduct that created the suspension obviously disagrees with you.

Does it ever occur to you people that crying about and labeling every single perceived slight you can find as sexual harassment undermines actual cases of harassment and harm?
Perhaps, but I'm not inclined to believe you give a lick about "actual" sexual harassment, nor that you have an esteemed and valid opinion on the topic, if your philosophy towards young women is

ChadThunder

Cooling Off
Who said I viewed all young women that way? That's my assessment of this incident. Unlike you, I don't lump all women together.

Frank Underwood

Cooling Off
I used to respect Urban Meyer very highly, and while I still respect him as a speaker and what he tries to get out of his kids physically and mentally, I'm rather put off by his disagreement.

Look, the only reason why he disagrees with the university's decision is because it puts him in a tough spot for the purposes of his job: putting Ohio State football in the best position to win. It's not his jurisdiction nor his place to levy the suspension when the matter falls under the pretense of sexual harassment of another student. That's the university's job. While there is some uncertainty as to what "exactly" happened, the rumor blocks and forums all pretty much connect into the simple fact whatever it was that he did, it was sexual harassment.

The university needs to set an example that sexual harassment is 100% intolerable. It doesn't matter if you play football for the Buckeyes, or if you're the #1 Keystone Light smasher in your fraternity, or if you're just some random shmuck. No means no. No if's, and's, or but's.

I am very disappointed in Gibson's actions simply because he should have known better. The rumor and claim is this involved a tutor of his. Hey Torrance? Your grades were awful last year. You obviously have to go to the tutor either as a part of some probationary plan Urban and the school cooked up to keep you eligible to justify your scholarship and to play on the field, or because you know your grades are bad. DON'T DO THIS CRAP.
This entire post is pretty off base.