Ohio State Duals Teams for 2012

Boro Fan

Top 2 teams from each district according to Baumspage's Underclassmen Points.

Division 1:
Mentor-
1. Massillon Perry 235.5
2. Maple Hts (BIG SURPRISE to ME) 146

Lorain-

Hilliard Darby-
1. Marysville 151
2. Dublin Coffman 98.5

Fairfield-
1. Moeller 242.5
2. Kettering Fairmont 179.5

Division 2:
Marion Harding-

Goshen:
1. Graham Local 265.5
2. New Richmond 131.5

Firestone:

Columbus East:
1. Claymont 193
2. Olentangy 164.5

Division 3:
Garfield Hts.-

Coshocton-

Kettering Fairmont-
1. Mechanicsburg 113
2. Carey 93 (Big surprise to me)

Owens CC-
1. Edison 183.5
2. Archbold 140.5

The ones I have blank I could not find on Baumspage

I'm guessing at Garfield it would be Chanel and CVCA but CVCA hasn't been able to compete in the past, but they were able to wrestle this past weekend on sunday so MAYBE they will compete, if not I would say maybe Waynedale, they only had one senior contribute points but he did get them alot, Tuslaw only scored 41 overall and all the kids who contributed were underclassmen

I would assume that since St. Eds is nothing but underclassmen, they qualified.

Thats for sure HAHA, by looking at it, I think Wadsworth is 2nd but they do have alot of seniors that contributed, same with Brecksville and Clay

Boro Fan...if CVCA does not compete, it would come down to Waynedale and Garfield. To that point...it would be Waynedale as the D-III Alt.

But....Im wondering if the Garfield kid that beat Kiefer may have given them the edge. It ultimately is Chanel and CVCA, but if history repeat...Waynedale or Garfield will fill in for CVCA.

Garfield could have a chance, Lawrence is a senior as is Fry. They got good points from Yonker and Stock, that could be 40 right there and pass up Tuslaw with the help Knepper and Dressler. If Waynedale had the Nelson Twins this wouldn't even be a debate...

Expect Marysville in for Darby for atleast 2 years, they legit have a squad of Soph's, Their two best kids (in my opinion) are The Sophomore Forrider (130) and The Freshman Sparks (103), Teams Gonna Be Tough as Nails for the coming years

Expect Marysville in for Darby for atleast 2 years, they legit have a squad of Soph's, Their two best kids (in my opinion) are The Sophomore Forrider (130) and The Freshman Sparks (103), Teams Gonna Be Tough as Nails for the coming years

I believe that next year's state duals tournament will be the last time before they go to an OHSAA sponsored tournament that everyone is in. I could be wrong though.

I believe that next year's state duals tournament will be the last time before they go to an OHSAA sponsored tournament that everyone is in. I could be wrong though.

How does this new ohsaa sponsored tournament work? Is it in the middle of the year like it is now? Are all teams entered like basketball?

How does this new ohsaa sponsored tournament work? Is it in the middle of the year like it is now? Are all teams entered like basketball?

Never mind. I found the answers on the ohsaa site. all teams are included. The first few rounds are mid week, and the finals (8 teams, I think) wrestle in a format similar to the one they use now.

Using the qualifying formula on the website- it's definitely Ed's and Wadsworth for Lorain that will be in the duals in 2012.

I think the garfield hts district will be 1. CVCA and 2. Waynedale. Chanel had 5 underclassmen score points with a 1st, 3rd, a 2 match winner, and 2 one match winners. While waynedale had 5 underclassmen score points with a 1st, 5th, 6th, and 2 one match winners.

Sandy Valley edged Ready(I heard) by a couple points....They needed their 171 to win for 3rd and he did to pass Bishop Ready

All 4 of oregon clay's guys that qualified for state are underclassmen. I havent looked what wadsworth has for underclassmen but im sure they still have more underclassmen points than Clay. IMO Oregon Clay will be a top 5 team next year with ALOT coming back and a couple guys who were backups that will fill in nicely.(McNutt and Gray,brother of HWT) They also have a few JH kids(screptock's brother) that will step in next year and possibly start. Things are looking great for the future of Oregon Clay wrestling!!! Good luck this weekend Eagles!!!

After looking at it... wadsworth has 4 underclassmen that qualified but scored more points than Oregon Clay.

Is Conine in the plan for next year? I know he was out this year. If it's a private matter, keep it that way - sorry for being nosy. For the NW Ohio area being so poor in big-school, it's impressive what Oregon Clay has been able to do as a program (development of kids, numbers, wrestling a legit schedule, et al) - and they are to be commended.

Maple and Carey probably benefitted significantly from the qualifier component as each exited a statistically weak sectional in terms of state qualifier output. That said, Maple will be a darn good team next year with three state qualifiers and another district placer returning.

Yes Bucksman..Conine is in the picture and from what i hear he will be wrestling next year at clay. He has been around the program all year and has helped making kids better in the room. I think next years team could potentially be a GREAT team and should be in the top 5 of the state. As I said earlier,they a few backups that are very good but just couldnt crack the lineup this year. They also have some quality kids coming up from JH who could possibly place at JH states this year. Oregon is very excited about the wrestling program and hopes to continue getting better. Getting 70-80 kids out the past few years is HUGE!!!!!

Who does the underclassment point calculation for Districts that are not run under Baums Page? I'm interested in knowing the 2 teams coming out of the DII Marion Harding District.

coach r- this is the formula posted on the site. I used it to score the Lorain district since Baum's doesn't have it posted.

QUALIFYING FORMULA

A. Four points for each underclass member of their team that qualifies for the District Tournament.

B. Four bonus points for each underclass member of their team that wins one or more matches at the District Tournament.

C. Teams receive all team points earned by underclassmen competing in the District Tournament.

D. In the event an alternate has the opportunity to compete in the District, he will be scored the same as any other qualifier. If an alternate does not have the opportunity to compete, they will not count in accumulating team points.

E. The top two teams will be invited to compete in the Ohio Duals. In the event a team declines, the invitations will be offered in order of team finish based on the above formula.

F. In the event of a tie, the team with the most district qualifiers is invited.

G. In the event of a tie, the team with the most District champions (then 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.) is invited.

I think the garfield hts district will be 1. CVCA and 2. Waynedale. Chanel had 5 underclassmen score points with a 1st, 3rd, a 2 match winner, and 2 one match winners. While waynedale had 5 underclassmen score points with a 1st, 5th, 6th, and 2 one match winners.

I heard Chanel beat Waynedale, Chanel had 6 underclassmen qualifiers so thats 24pts. and they had 5 of them win a match so thats 20, a total 44 pts plus whatever each wrestler got individually. Waynedale had 5 underclassmen qualifiers and 5 underclassmen won a match, thats a total of 40 points. If you want to add it up individually go ahead LOL