Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

Xavier Johnson apparently coming back, I expect multiple WRs to transfer out. The only guys left I want to return are Matthew Jones and Luke Wypler.

Plenty of Penn St fans recognize the upgrade on the roster, but worry that their coach will crap the bed at critical moments.

I'm not as hard on coaches as most, but I have to admit that Franklin has made some head-scratching moves and playcalls over the years. But I refuse to believe he gets stupid when the pressure is on.

Against the Buckeyes, for example, he has been at a Jimmies and Joes disadvantage and that puts you in a risk-taking and uncertain situation. They practice and gameplan, and something will stick out they think will work, but sometimes your Jimmies and Joes can't pull it off. All the while admitting that, in retrospect, it appears he has over-thought some stuff and you should just do what you do best.

But what kind of decisions would he make if he felt he wasn't at a disadvantage? FWIW
They typically play very well against us, but then implode. Happens pretty much every year.

They typically play very well against us, but then implode. Happens pretty much every year.
They were different this year.

They imploded against scUM, but played well against Ohio St. It took an all-time performance from 44 to beat them. Against scUM they lost their connection on defense, i.e., they became a bunch of independent contractors on that side of the ball. They fixed that. They handled everyone else and played a good game in the Rose Bowl without several of their best players - more evidence of the quality of their depth.

Drew Allar can take them to the next level. But I'm the guy who thought Graham Mertz would take Wisky to the next level. So, we will have to see it.

Bucks definitely look like team 1A tonight/last Saturday. Didn't bring the effort vs UM or tonight would have been the epic game we got 1 week early

They were different this year.

They imploded against scUM, but played well against Ohio St. It took an all-time performance from 44 to beat them. Against scUM they lost their connection on defense, i.e., they became a bunch of independent contractors on that side of the ball. They fixed that. They handled everyone else and played a good game in the Rose Bowl without several of their best players - more evidence of the quality of their depth.

Drew Allar can take them to the next level. But I'm the guy who thought Graham Mertz would take Wisky to the next level. So, we will have to see it.

Penn State has a much better roster than Wisconsin had with Mertz.

PSU will be good, but Franklin. Wisky might swoop in and take some UM type players with the harbaugh uncertainty. I think he is gone and there isn't a michigan guy type replacement. We had better make things right November next year

Penn State has a much better roster than Wisconsin had with Mertz.
Always did and always will. But I thought that if Mertz was an elite passer and you combine that with Wisky's running game and good defense, they could contend for the B1G and playoff.

But that ain't what Mertz is.

Maybe Ohio State was that good this year. Georgia dismantling TCU like a HS team.
I know injuries are part of the game, but except for Harrison getting knocked out in the third quarter, I believe based on what we saw tonight OSU would have rolled (most likely).

Maybe Ohio State was that good this year. Georgia dismantling TCU like a HS team.
"Talented" is probably a better description than "good". Everyone knew they were talented. For stretches this year it felt like they played below their talent level.

They played to their talent against Georgia.

"Talented" is probably a better description than "good". Everyone knew they were talented. For stretches this year it felt like they played below their talent level.

They played to their talent against Georgia.
Sounds like a coaching problem.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I know injuries are part of the game, but except for Harrison getting knocked out in the third quarter, I believe based on what we saw tonight OSU would have rolled (most likely).
I think losing Stover so early in the game was almost as big of a loss as losing Harrison. How much did the game plan changed with him going out?

I think losing Stover so early in the game was almost as big of a loss as losing Harrison. How much did the game plan changed with him going out?
Not going to disagree, but up until the Harrison injury they were still finding ways to effectively move the ball. After Harrison was hurt, it was like the final straw, and the offense sputtered from that point. If it was just Harrison out, and Stover was still available, I completely agree that would have been better, at least theoretically stretching the secondary more to cover the short pass plus adding a very capable blocker for runs and screens.

How does OSU end up being ranked number four. The top four teams were picked to play each other, number three beats number two, number four loses to number one by one point and number 3 gets beat by number one 65 to 7 Should that not make OSU number two?

Osu held UM to 10 yds rushing for 2 quarters. Coach better vs TCU for 4 quarters and it’s an easy win.
OSU shut UGA down in the 3rd qtr but a game is 4 qtrs. long. The other team has something to do with how you play. The defense was bad against Maryland, PSU, TTUN, and UGA it was not just a one or 2 game thing. I agree Knowles coaching was subpar,
but that coaching was not going to change vs TCU. Bad defense keeps other teams in the game - USC vs Tulane good ex. I have no doubt USC would score a lot of pts. vs UGA but they would also gave up a lot of pts. like OSU did.

How does OSU end up being ranked number four. The top four teams were picked to play each other, number three beats number two, number four loses to number one by one point and number 3 gets beat by number one 65 to 7 Should that not make OSU number two?
OSU lost to TTUN by 20 pts, lost to UGA, at best the Bucks could have hope for was no. 3. Who cares anyhow the only thing that matters is who finishes 1st.

OSU shut UGA down in the 3rd qtr but a game is 4 qtrs. long. The other team has something to do with how you play. The defense was bad against Maryland, PSU, TTUN, and UGA it was not just a one or 2 game thing. I agree Knowles coaching was subpar,
but that coaching was not going to change vs TCU. Bad defense keeps other teams in the game - USC vs Tulane good ex. I have no doubt USC would score a lot of pts. vs UGA but they would also gave up a lot of pts. like OSU did.
You give TCU way too much credit. Their losses are miles worse than OSU’s.