Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

I think Hayden should be the guy at RB this week. He is running like he has something to prove. Henderson and Williams can't stay healthy. Henderson is not the back he was last year and Williams lacks the burst. Hayden is more decisive and is seeing the holes better. I think it's an easy call to make. Might not even be a decision to make if the other 2 can't go.

I think Hayden should be the guy at RB this week. He is running like he has something to prove. Henderson and Williams can't stay healthy. Henderson is not the back he was last year and Williams lacks the burst. Hayden is more decisive and is seeing the holes better. I think it's an easy call to make. Might not even be a decision to make if the other 2 can't go.
Not sure, he's a freshman and he is going to get hammered.

Not sure, he's a freshman and he is going to get hammered.
Maybe but he sure looks like a RB that is better suited to stretch type running plays Day likes on 1st down. Another key will be his ability to pick up blitzing players as I think UM will do a lot of this to disrupt the timing of CJ Stroud. Against Maryland the FB was playing next to Stroud on certain passing downs which helped with blocking but they were not worried about the run at all.

Maybe but he sure looks like a RB that is better suited to stretch type running plays Day likes on 1st down. Another key will be his ability to pick up blitzing players as I think UM will do a lot of this to disrupt the timing of CJ Stroud. Against Maryland the FB was playing next to Stroud on certain passing downs which helped with blocking but they were not worried about the run at all.
Play Henderson on passing downs but run the football with Hayden. Hayden is building his resume while Henderson and Willams are protecting their careers. It is not just OSU players, prevalent throughout college football. Add JSN to that list.

Hayden is building his resume while Henderson and Willams are protecting their careers. It is not just OSU players, prevalent throughout college football. Add JSN to that list.
No, it’s not prevalent until meaningless bowl games. The “star players milking injuries and just biding their time until the NFL Draft” is a defect inhabiting Columbus and pretty much nowhere else.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Play Henderson on passing downs but run the football with Hayden. Hayden is building his resume while Henderson and Willams are protecting their careers. It is not just OSU players, prevalent throughout college football. Add JSN to that list.
I don't see that at all with Williams and I think Henderson is just a little soft, but JSN clearly has been doing a silent Nick Bosa. I mentioned weeks ago he was done playing college football. Nothing left to gain or prove for him.

I don't see that at all with Williams and I think Henderson is just a little soft, but JSN clearly has been doing a silent Nick Bosa. I mentioned weeks ago he was done playing college football. Nothing left to gain or prove for him.
Career wise maybe not but def. TTUN and a chance to play for a national championship should mean something to him maybe he will shock most people and play this week.

Looks like Julian Fleming has been regressing. He seems unwilling to fight for the ball and has several drops. I think OSU should have played Xavier Johnson in the back field some. With the wide receivers seeming to have a hard time getting open yesterday, Johnson would make and excellent weapon coming out of the backfield as a safety valve. I hope OSU have been holding some things back for Michigan.
maybe they are holding back that one reciever that hasn't played much this year, gosh it's been such a long time, can't even remember his name..LOL!! but you are correct about Fleming...

If someone had told me in August that JSN would barely play but we fans wouldn't really care, I would have thought they were nuts. But here we are.

I would still like to see what it would look like if he were out there (fully healthy) with Marv and Egbuka.

Either he is doing the silent Nick Bosa or they shut him down to see if he could play against scUM or the playoffs.

My gut tells me he would play if he could, but at this point, introducing him back into the offense could be disruptive and doing an Olave/Wilson may be the smartest move for his future.

I doubt JSN comes back for UM, hammies and cold weather are not a good combo. On the other hand he may be advised to try and play in the CFP if they get there. Harrison will get the primary CB and he may have the chance to rack up some decent numbers and improve draft position.

Also keep in mind...almost 40 days to CFP, and domes. If get past um, would have a month to get O comfortable with JSN again
Do you even think he'll play again this year?

And if not, does he need to play at OSU next year to prove he can stay healthy and improve his draft position?

Agreed. I think coming back another year has more of a chance to lower his draft stock. Right now the memory is still the incredible Rose Bowl. Coming back yet this year? Only if he’s 100% (but probably not). Next year, no way.
So my guess is that he probably could've played quite a bit this season, but chose not to with the staff's blessing.

So my guess is that he probably could've played quite a bit this season, but chose not to with the staff's blessing.
Maybe. It seemed he tried to come back a little early and retweaked his hammy. Maybe the staff figured all along they could go undefeated into THE game without him.
If he does play I hope they don’t have a huge game plan around mainly him. I think we all remember Ted Ginn jr getting hurt in the celebration after the kick return against Florida. Just a few weeks ago he was asked whether he thought the game outcome would have been different had he not gotten hurt. His answer was yes (obviously), but he also stated that he was a big part of the game plan. And then they scrapped that part of the game plan. To me that really emphasized the importance of depth, and the next man up attitude.
Had the other receivers not stepped up this year, especially Harrison, i might feel a bit different.
The staff and JSN certainly did a good job in the Rose Bowl, knowing they didn’t have their two primary receivers.

Can‘t wait for Saturday.
Go Bucks!

Maybe. It seemed he tried to come back a little early and retweaked his hammy. Maybe the staff figured all along they could go undefeated into THE game without him.
If he does play I hope they don’t have a huge game plan around mainly him. I think we all remember Ted Ginn jr getting hurt in the celebration after the kick return against Florida. Just a few weeks ago he was asked whether he thought the game outcome would have been different had he not gotten hurt. His answer was yes (obviously), but he also stated that he was a big part of the game plan. And then they scrapped that part of the game plan. To me that really emphasized the importance of depth, and the next man up attitude.
Had the other receivers not stepped up this year, especially Harrison, i might feel a bit different.
The staff and JSN certainly did a good job in the Rose Bowl, knowing they didn’t have their two primary receivers.

Can‘t wait for Saturday.
Go Bucks!
Having Ginn Jr injured at the beginning of the game against Florida certainly hurt, but it wouldn’t have changed the biggest reason OSU was hammered. OSU’s fat, slow oline was taken apart by the Gators quick and athletic d-line. Same thing happened next year against LSU.

Having Ginn Jr injured at the beginning of the game against Florida certainly hurt, but it wouldn’t have changed the biggest reason OSU was hammered. OSU’s fat, slow oline was taken apart by the Gators quick and athletic d-line. Same thing happened next year against LSU.
After Ginn got hurt OSU was just devastated. Florida was good, fired up, and prepared. (Good coach).
Against LSU Ohio State actually had more total yards. 3 turnovers just turned the game. And like I’ve always stated. I don’t think the SEC is as dominant from top to bottom as some people state. But they certainly play well in the biggest games.

My comments were more related to not relying too much on one individual, because you never know when that individual will be done.

Cracks me up when posters think they know what’s going on inside a program 😂 players get hurt, don’t even try to say Miyan Williams is milking an injury 😂 same with Henderson. JSN was hurt with a tricky injury, I have had a pulled hamstring and it takes quite awhile to get back to full go. He tried to play and tweaked it again, at some point you get shut down until it’s fully healed

So happy to see Tommy as the same monster on defense he was at W30th and Lorain. When everyone criticized him last year, I told countless people there is something with scheme and coaching because he was all over the place on HS field. And here we are

Last edited:
No, it’s not prevalent until meaningless bowl games. The “star players milking injuries and just biding their time until the NFL Draft” is a defect inhabiting Columbus and pretty much nowhere else.

Yeah, that's 100% BS. Florida has 5 wide receivers out in a meaningless game in a meaningless season against Florida St. with undisclosed injuries.

Yeah, that's 100% BS. Florida has 5 wide receivers out in a meaningless game in a meaningless season against Florida St. with undisclosed injuries.
They’re probably hurt then. I’m not aware of any star receivers at Florida who are an NFL Draft early-pick lock.

But thanks for the irrelevant input.