Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

20221126_164129.jpg

5 touchdowns of 45+ allowed by the defense and people are talking about Stroud.
3 points in the second half with the best receiver group in America?
I wouldn't go that far. I mean he pretty much wins all of his games. Lane Kiffin on the other hand....
That's not good enough at OSU. Beat Michigan and win the National Championship are the only barometers.

Do I want to be in playoff? Sure. Do I feel good about that with what this team showed when things got a bit tough? Hell no.

Probably 1 tcu or usc loss in next 2 weeks from that happening. Tcu isn't losing this week, they actually came to play. Not sure this team deserves it even if they both lose

3 points in the second half with the best receiver group in America?

That's not good enough at OSU. Beat Michigan and win the National Championship are the only barometers.
Well good luck with that, given how few coaches have actually won NCs

I’m just not convinced that this is a very good team. 11 games into the season now. Hopefully they’ve been sandbagging all year. I feel like they’ve regressed as a whole every year under Day. Of course the defense looks better than last year with Knowles, but they couldn’t have possibly come out and been worse. Maybe they’ll do what they did in 2018 and come out and play by far their best game of the year next week.
Well I feel the same as a week ago. Probably worse actually. Team has regressed every year under Day. Knowles looked like a fool today. Day is a qb coach who got handed the car keys. I’m done with football til at least tomorrow.

Well I feel the same as a week ago. Probably worse actually. Team has regressed every year under Day. Knowles looked like a fool today. Day is a qb coach who got handed the car keys. I’m done with football til at least tomorrow.
Yeah, Tressel and Meyer teams did seem to improve and peak in November.

Anyone that wants to try to defend Ryan Day....you can start with explaining how you go from leading at half of a rivalry game....at home....and get outscored 28-3 in 2nd half. I'll hang up and listen. Go

1. Looks like the team has a culture problem (toughness)…qb is not tough; both lines as well.

2. Ryan Day has earned a pink slip? Those who think that need to have their klonopin dosage doubled. Could get fired someday…but he’s earned that at this point? C’mon…

3. Rivalry…competition…equal…peer…Michigan wins sometimes…it’s a rivalry.

4. I didn‘t attend Ohio State. Growing up in Cleveland in the 60’s/70’s…most rooted for Ohio State but it wasn’t required like it is today. I’m a fan but I have lots of connections with both schools. Want the Buckeyes to win but, hey, it’s a rivalry.

Anyone that wants to try to defend Ryan Day....you can start with explaining how you go from leading at half of a rivalry game....at home....and get outscored 28-3 in 2nd half. I'll hang up and listen. Go
One lesser part of the problem is that CJ has an adrenaline management problem. Some things that we saw in the second half today aren’t new.

I don’t think you can defend him today, but calling for his firing is extreme.

1. Looks like the team has a culture problem (toughness)…qb is not tough; both lines as well.

2. Ryan Day has earned a pink slip? Those who think that need to have their klonopin dosage doubled. Could get fired someday…but he’s earned that at this point? C’mon…

4. I didn‘t attend Ohio State. Growing up in Cleveland in the 60’s/70’s…most rooted for Ohio State but it wasn’t required like it is today. I’m a fan but I have lots of connections with both schools. Want the Buckeyes to win but, hey, it’s a rivalry.
You understand college basketball better than you do major college football.

Day’s record against teams with similar talent and/or ranking is not good. He absolutely deserves criticism. Outside of the Clemson playoff win he’s lost everyone of them unless you want to include wins over Penn State. Notre Dame was ranked 5th at the time, but that instantly went away when they turned around and lost to Marshall a week later.

TOSU doesn’t belong anywhere near the playoff and this loss shows that Ryan Day will NEVER lead them to a title game. He only got to the CFP with Urban’s players. This team is a long way from being competitive for a Nati. May take years to recover and may never recover under Day

It will not change. I know what I am talking about and identified Day's shortcomings from day one (no pun intended). Urban gave him the car keys before he left and it started there as OSU went away from running the QB, which was an Urban Meyer staple. Day is your typical offensive minded coach, his attention to detail is awful and he is preoccupied with his offense schemes. Tale old as time. ;)

OSU has 32 top 25 guys on their 2 deep. Most in country this season. UM has 15. There are not too many guys starting for UM that would start at OSU. UM returned 3 starters on defense, replaced their QB while OSU had revenge factor, and were at home, and UM walked into the Shoe and kicked their butts.

And who thought hiring a B12 DC was a good idea? Lol. Read and react BS when you have NFL types like Harrison, Sawyer, and Tuimolua. Let those guys eat. Day can hire and fire as many assistants as he wants but it will not change because he is the one that needs to go.

He was born on 3rd base.

I see Ryan Day and CJ Stroud as being very similar. I think they both can put up huge numbers against inferior opponents but get beat mentally when someone can fight back with reasonable talent. The defense was terrible today and deserves most of the blame but it's tough not to look at Day and Stroud and see they shrank away in their biggest game ever.

As to Ohio State in the playoffs. Yes, they belong in the conversation. Maybe they get lucky and make a run as there are not 4-5 teams clearly better than the Buckeyes right now. Whether they like it or not, this is a down year for college football and the Buckeyes are one of those teams in the #3-#8 range.