Ohio State Buckeyes 2019

It's both hilarious and sad when the OSU haters come out of the woodwork after a pretty good game.

Can’t wait to see what this team looks like next year. Justin Fields, Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson with a whole offseason to get better and Julian Fleming coming in.

Yeah, they will look good beating up on ITT Tech, University of Pheonix, and Oxnard California's Advanced Truck Driving Academy.....and those are just the powerhouses in the Little 10 they HAVE to play! I'm sure they'll warm up with some OOC cupcakes! Maybe Mount Union next year since they got bounced early in the D3 playoffs.......

Yeah, they will look good beating up on ITT Tech, University of Pheonix, and Oxnard California's Advanced Truck Driving Academy.....and those are just the powerhouses in the Little 10 they HAVE to play! I'm sure they'll warm up with some OOC cupcakes! Maybe Mount Union next year since they got bounced early in the D3 playoffs.......
Lol number 1 ranked strength of schedule this year.
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

If they would have taken care of business in the first half of the Wisky game and finished like they did they would have played OU and in the finals against, well, whomever wins that Titanic struggle.

I won $100 last night when OSU kicked 3 FGs to go up early. I said they aren't going to beat Clemson kicking FG so some drunk OSU blowhard bet me. You knew Clemson was going to turn it up and they needed to be up 24 a that point.

I came to the college football thread to read some intelligent conversations but it seems this thread is mostly consisted of OSU haters spamming the thread with ignorant comments. Unpopular opinion, this was the second best Ohio State team of all time behind the 2015 team. My rankings:
1. 2015
2. 2019
3. 2014
4. 2002
5. 2006

Seems like quite a few posters were waiting to come out of the woodwork and pounce today lol.

Already looking forward to next year. I can't wait to see what Ryan Day can do in year 2 with Fields and what I expect to be better receiving talent across the board than this year with Olave, Wilson and Ruckert returning. I'd expect at least one of Fleming and Smith-Njigba to make an early impact like Wilson did in the last handful of games this year. DeMario McCall may finally get a real shot at something other than returning kicks as a change of pace/passing situations change up to Teague.

Seems like quite a few posters were waiting to come out of the woodwork and pounce today lol.

Already looking forward to next year. I can't wait to see what Ryan Day can do in year 2 with Fields and what I expect to be better receiving talent across the board than this year with Olave, Wilson and Ruckert returning. I'd expect at least one of Fleming and Smith-Njigba to make an early impact like Wilson did in the last handful of games this year. DeMario McCall may finally get a real shot at something other than returning kicks as a change of pace/passing situations change up to Teague.

I think Teague is slightly overrated. You saw against Clemson outside of one run he got taken down so easily and just didn’t impress me at all. I also think Julian Fleming is going to ball out for Ohio State. He is different. The way he runs so smoothly and the way he catches effortlessly and he has true sprinter speed. The defense is what i’m afraid of, even if Young stays. Okudah and Wade are probably declaring. Fuller and Arnette graduate. We saw how the backups played this year. We also lose Malik Harrison. The offense should be outstanding but the defense will be a work in progress.

I came to the college football thread to read some intelligent conversations but it seems this thread is mostly consisted of OSU haters spamming the thread with ignorant comments. Unpopular opinion, this was the second best Ohio State team of all time behind the 2015 team. My rankings:
1. 2015
2. 2019
3. 2014
4. 2002
5. 2006

There were some great Ohio State teams pre-2000, I am not old enough for the 60s and 70s, but I am pretty sure that some older Buckeye fans can attest to the great teams of those decades. The 80s were lackluster for Ohio State. The 90s were pretty good for Ohio State minus Cooper choking every year, mostly against Michigan. The 1996 and 1998 Ohio State teams were national championship teams but for Cooper blowing games they should have won easily.

I would also put the 2002 defense as the best Buckeye defense I have seen in my lifetime.

1. 2015
2. 2019
3. 2014
4. 2002
5. 2006

What about 1968?

Buckeyes have more than enough talent to get right back to the playoff next year. Will be interesting to see who leaves and who comes back.

Imagine a world where Okudah and Young both come back to play another year because they came up short. Add in some young talent, a developing Zach Harrison, and the depth that Ohio State has and this team could be real dangerous. Not sure if that will happen or not but nevertheless it is something that is worth thinking about until they all make a decision.

There were some great Ohio State teams pre-2000, I am not old enough for the 60s and 70s, but I am pretty sure that some older Buckeye fans can attest to the great teams of those decades. The 80s were lackluster for Ohio State. The 90s were pretty good for Ohio State minus Cooper choking every year, mostly against Michigan. The 1996 and 1998 Ohio State teams were national championship teams but for Cooper blowing games they should have won easily.

I would also put the 2002 defense as the best Buckeye defense I have seen in my lifetime.

Pound for pound, yes. The 1968 team might be the most dominant Buckeye team ever. But you’re telling me if you put the 1968 Buckeyes team on the field against this years team, Fields, Dobbins, and all the stud receivers wouldn’t run circles around that teams defense? Or the 1968 offense could even get off a pass or get out of their stance before Young, Hamilton, Landers or Smith can get by the offensive line? The 1968 team was one of the most dominant of its time, but they wouldn’t be able to beat this years Ohio State team. I could see the 2002, 2006 and MAYBE the 2014 team, but that’s it.

Buckeyes have more than enough talent to get right back to the playoff next year. Will be interesting to see who leaves and who comes back.

Imagine a world where Okudah and Young both come back to play another year because they came up short. Add in some young talent, a developing Zach Harrison, and the depth that Ohio State has and this team could be real dangerous. Not sure if that will happen or not but nevertheless it is something that is worth thinking about until they all make a decision.

I can see Young staying because he needs to improve to be able to have an impact at the next level. Against Clemson all he did was run the edge and they just pushed him upfield. However, Okudah had probably the best game i’ve seen from a Buckeye DB and shut down Higgins and Ross. He played himself to possibly a top 5 selection guaranteed. He is special.

Pound for pound, yes. The 1968 team might be the most dominant Buckeye team ever. But you’re telling me if you put the 1968 Buckeyes team on the field against this years team, Fields, Dobbins, and all the stud receivers wouldn’t run circles around that teams defense? Or the 1968 offense could even get off a pass or get out of their stance before Young, Hamilton, Landers or Smith can get by the offensive line? The 1968 team was one of the most dominant of its time, but they wouldn’t be able to beat this years Ohio State team. I could see the 2002, 2006 and MAYBE the 2014 team, but that’s it.

Playing by 1968 rules, the 68' team would beat this year's team; playing by today's rules, the 68' team would lose.

I think Teague is slightly overrated. You saw against Clemson outside of one run he got taken down so easily and just didn’t impress me at all. I also think Julian Fleming is going to ball out for Ohio State. He is different. The way he runs so smoothly and the way he catches effortlessly and he has true sprinter speed. The defense is what i’m afraid of, even if Young stays. Okudah and Wade are probably declaring. Fuller and Arnette graduate. We saw how the backups played this year. We also lose Malik Harrison. The offense should be outstanding but the defense will be a work in progress.

I agree that Teague is not as complete a back as Dobbins, to me he doesn't have that breakaway speed. I expect that we may see the #2 RB filled via the portal or Demario McCall will come in as the 3rd down pass catching speialist.

On defense I think Zach Harrison steps up and Larry Johnson has his next mound of clay to mold into a top 5 NFL pick. Along the DL I am more worried about the middle, they lose 3 seniors that were in the DT rotation and outside of Togaia I am not feeling too good about the other options. LBs will be a veteran group and I would feel a lot better with the DBs if Kerry Coombs takes over for the Hafley position.

I agree that Teague is not as complete a back as Dobbins, to me he doesn't have that breakaway speed. I expect that we may see the #2 RB filled via the portal or Demario McCall will come in as the 3rd down pass catching speialist.

On defense I think Zach Harrison steps up and Larry Johnson has his next mound of clay to mold into a top 5 NFL pick. Along the DL I am more worried about the middle, they lose 3 seniors that were in the DT rotation and outside of Togaia I am not feeling too good about the other options. LBs will be a veteran group and I would feel a lot better with the DBs if Kerry Coombs takes over for the Hafley position.

I agree with all of this. I'll add that Teague is a very good RB but definitely a different style of runner compared to Dobbins. You'll get less pass catching ability and less home run threat, but he'll also be a more physical ball carrier.

In reality, this is Ohio State. We lose top talent to the draft every year. In particular look at what we've lost on the DLine and DB's over the past 5 seasons or so. It's about developing the next great talent.

Dobbins declared for the draft. Thought there was a slim chance he might come back since he’s projected to be a second rounder.

To those that know who is slated to be the OSU RB next season? Master Teague is not that guy. Perhaps his game evolves but was curious if there was a redshirt waiting in the wings.

I see OSU reloading on O with the exception of RB is why I ask.

I don't see anyone obvious that's going to jump Teague on the RB depth chart. He's more than likely going to be carrying the load with McCall or a transfer portal guy spelling him as a pass catcher out of the backfield.

He's certainly not as complete as Dobbins as currently is and lacks breakaway speed, but he's no chump. In his spot opportunities this year he ran with good power. In his limited opportunities against Clemson IMO he was hurt badly by the lack of threat of Fields running. That's probably not going to be the case next year.

I don't see anyone obvious that's going to jump Teague on the RB depth chart. He's more than likely going to be carrying the load with McCall or a transfer portal guy spelling him as a pass catcher out of the backfield.

He's certainly not as complete as Dobbins as currently is and lacks breakaway speed, but he's no chump. In his spot opportunities this year he ran with good power. In his limited opportunities against Clemson IMO he was hurt badly by the lack of threat of Fields running. That's probably not going to be the case next year.
I think Teague is the fastest on the team.

Teague finished seventh in the league in yards and fifth in yards per carry.

In mainly mop up duty? I'm just saying, to me personally, his speed does not translate to the game and he lacks good RB moves. As I mentioned, I see OSU reloading or returning at every position BUT running-back.