Ohio State Buckeyes 2019

By the way, I just realized Georgia and Florida are 5 and 6 in the final CFP rankings. Georgia's losses were two of the worst performances I've seen from any team in the top 20 all year.

Florida's strength is based entirely on beating Auburn. Here are its wins after that:
Miami (6-6), UT-Martin, Kentucky (7-5), Tennessee (7-5, loss to Georgia State), Towson, South Carolina (4-8), Vanderbilt (3-9), Missouri (6-6, coach fired), FSU (6-6, coach fired)

Florida's propped up ranking then helps Georgia and LSU for beating them. Total house of cards.

No surprise that Wisconsin and Penn State, with the same quality resumes (if not better), are 11 and 12.
Fla. finished 9th in the CFP. This is the 1st time IMO their was a clear cut final 4.

If they can’t reach that level of intensity for a playoff game, they deserve to lose. I still think they’re the most balanced team in the country and they win this game along the lines of 35-31.
Part of the job of every coaching staff is to ensure their players have, and nurture, that intensity. Dabo is doing it with a 'national disrespect' theme. There are a lot of things tOSU does to focus on ttun. That focus was lost under Cooper (2-10-1) and was rekindled under Tressel (17-2 since). I think this team has done great this year with focus except the first half in the B10 championship game.

Last edited:
A few interesting stats.
OSU point avg 48.69 - opp point avg 12.54 - avg margin 36.15.
Clemson point avg 46.54 - opp point avg 10.62 - avg margin 35.92.
Combined record of OSU opponents 94-67 for 58.39% wins.
Combined record of Clemson opponents 80-77 for 50.96% wins.
Now for a strange one
OSU number of games against opponents with MORE than 7 wins - 8. (2 were Wisconsin)
Clemson number of games against opponents with MORE than 7 wins - 3.

Buckeyes had only 1 player grab a trophy, Chase Young, at basically ESPN's NCAA football awards show. Of note the hottest name on defense outside of Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, lost the Thorpe award to LSU's Grant Delpit. While a 1st round talent SI didn't even have Delpit on their 1st or 2nd team defense.

Buckeyes had only 1 player grab a trophy, Chase Young, at basically ESPN's NCAA football awards show. Of note the hottest name on defense outside of Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, lost the Thorpe award to LSU's Grant Delpit. While a 1st round talent SI didn't even have Delpit on their 1st or 2nd team defense.
Didn’t even know there was an ESPN NCAA football award show. I mean, why?

Ohio State looked good beating the Little 10 teams and the cupcakes in their OOC games, but tonight they had to play a team with similar talent!

I’m just about done with football in modern day 2019.
Truth is Ohio State killed themselves.

But I cannot tolerate this stupid targeting rule in college.
That was the momentum flip of epic proportions.

Also so I guess there is no concussion protocol for Clemson? I mean Spicoli is laid out on the field for 10min with a shot to the head and then 1 sit out play later he is back?
So I thought the targeting and concussion protocol was to protect the players?
Guess not...

An epic game that has a bad look if your a buckeye fan.

Take 4 steps and get the ball stripped from you and it’s incomplete?????? BS.... Ugly Trev acts like he is hurt until he hears targeting call then he pops right up. The acting by these players is BS. Was Trevor checked for concussion???? That rule needs to go. Granted we had some stupid play calling at very important times of the game but the official made sure this game stayed close and give Clemson a chance to win. They better team did not win !

Can’t wait to see what this team looks like next year. Justin Fields, Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson with a whole offseason to get better and Julian Fleming coming in.