Ohio State Buckeyes 2019

I feel I'm being set up for a major let-down. I don't want OSU favored by more than a TD in any game.
Day actually commits to his running backs when calling plays and doesn’t rely on 20 qb draws a game. Plus this team doesn’t have a defense that gives up big plays every game like in years past.

I heard one pro scout give a break down on the differences between the 2018 and 2019 tOSU defenses and the primary one is in 2019 they are running a more simple scheme and letting the players play. This guy thought Grinch and Schiano were trying to run complex NFL schemes with too many reads, especially at the LB and Safety positions. Because tOSU turns over so quickly due to their superior athletes their starters tend to be very young and mentally speaking these 19 and 20 year olds are not as developed as their bodies. They have not played a dynamic offense yet so this may become an issue in a potential playoff game against a top 10 offense like LSU, 'Bama, or Clemson but then again this guy said that Chase Young will help negate that buy being in the backfield more time than not.

eastisbest said: I feel I'm being set up for a major let-down. I don't want OSU favored by more than a TD in any game.
Day actually commits to his running backs when calling plays and doesn’t rely on 20 qb draws a game. Plus this team doesn’t have a defense that gives up big plays every game like in years past.

Yeah but has he told his players, no celebrations in the end-zone? That cost OSU their last game against LSU as I recall. It's ALL a set-up for emotional let-down, I'm telling you. A conspiracy of epic proportions.

They’d probably gain it back if they beat Penn State but you never know. The Gophers could surprise everyone this weekend and ruin it

I am calling shenanigans. The committee made this top 4 knowing 2 of them will get beat this opening the door for 2 other teams. They just created more talk and buzz doing it this way!

I am calling shenanigans. The committee made this top 4 knowing 2 of them will get beat this opening the door for 2 other teams. They just created more talk and buzz doing it this way!
Agree 100%. They went into it knowing two of the four were going to lose soon, and leaving Clemson on the outside was just to generate some hype.

Duh. They were strategic about it. It generates a bunch of headlines too

It’s funny looking at the different rankings this year. Heck the ap coaches and committee have 3 different teams number 1. I read somewhere that this is the first time the #1 team in the coaches poll will play the #1 team in the ap poll with Bama-LSU.

Duh. They were strategic about it. It generates a bunch of headlines too
Hey, maybe they just ranked the teams based upon their seasons up to this point. The job of the committee certainly isn't to rank based upon what they THINK the outcome of games MIGHT be in the next few weeks.
If your in the top six - just keep winning. No matter how it turns out, I just hope there is NEVER more than one team from any conference ever again.
I think this is one of the more positive years in recent memory. A lot to like about a lot of the top tier teams. Great attitudes from most of the coaches and most of the top players. Maybe a lot of that started at the Heisman last year. I really don't know how anyone could dislike Kyler, Tua, or Dwayne.

Hey, maybe they just ranked the teams based upon their seasons up to this point. The job of the committee certainly isn't to rank based upon what they THINK the outcome of games MIGHT be in the next few weeks.
If your in the top six - just keep winning. No matter how it turns out, I just hope there is NEVER more than one team from any conference ever again.
I think this is one of the more positive years in recent memory. A lot to like about a lot of the top tier teams. Great attitudes from most of the coaches and most of the top players. Maybe a lot of that started at the Heisman last year. I really don't know how anyone could dislike Kyler, Tua, or Dwayne.
There will probably be 2 SEC teams again this year. Clemson will be in as long as they don't implode and beat the remaining high school teams on their schedule. The OSU/Penn State winner will be in. The Alabama/LSU winner will be in. That gives us 3 teams. Georgia, barring another disaster, will be close to the top 4, and so will the LSU/Alabama loser. Penn State will likely be close as well.

Chances are that, barring a major upset and a team imploding, there will be 2 teams from the same conference again this year.

Unless UGA beats an undefeated LSU/Bama in the SECCG, they will be out. No two loss team has made it to the playoffs.

The Penn State game has officially been announced as a noon kick off. The Fox studio guys will be in Columbus again for their kick off show, will ESPN dare also have Gameday there too? It is cupcake Saturday in the South and this game is the only one of prominence that day so you may see dueling AM shows in Columbus for this game...

This has to be Fox. Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan all noon games. Lame.
No shiite...and of course it falls on the one Sat per month I work, same as the Wisky game did. I thought for sure those both would be night games. What kind of ratings can these Fox noon games possibly get? How can they be better than night game ratings? The recruits love the night game atmosphere and the Buckeyes big home game are all nooners, while PSU and Michigan have played big games under the lights.

UGA-OSU agree to a home and home in 2030 and 2031. OSU goes to Athens on Sept 14 2030. The Dawgs make their way to Columbus on August 30th 2031. Looking like both will be warm games.

UGA-OSU agree to a home and home in 2030 and 2031. OSU goes to Athens on Sept 14 2030. The Dawgs make their way to Columbus on August 30th 2031. Looking like both will be warm games.
Not holding my breath for that one. OSU and UGA had a home and home scheduled for around now, but it was cancelled years ago.

No shiite...and of course it falls on the one Sat per month I work, same as the Wisky game did. I thought for sure those both would be night games. What kind of ratings can these Fox noon games possibly get? How can they be better than night game ratings? The recruits love the night game atmosphere and the Buckeyes big home game are all nooners, while PSU and Michigan have played big games under the lights.

FWIW, OSU-Wisconsin was the highest rated game on any network that day.

Edit: Auburn-LSU played a 3pt game, Kansas State upset Oklahoma, Michigan smashed ND. So some decent games it went up against.

Not holding my breath for that one. OSU and UGA had a home and home scheduled for around now, but it was cancelled years ago.

Unfortunately you are likely correct. If anything does happen, it'll likely be the game in Athens and the return game gets cancelled for one reason or another similar to OSU-TCU.

Unfortunately you are likely correct. If anything does happen, it'll likely be the game in Athens and the return game gets cancelled for one reason or another similar to OSU-TCU.
Or they move it to ATL for a kickoff classic in a one-off.

They were supposed to play UGA in 2020 and 2021. How epic would that have been?

OSU cancelled and replaced it with Oregon. Still a good series, but getting UGA at this time in history would have been huge.

Man I really hope not. My wife is a UGA alum so we'll likely go to both games if they're played. I'd much rather visit Sanford and Ohio Stadiums instead of Mercedes Benz Stadium. MBS is really, really nice and I enjoyed it for the UGA-Bama championship a few years ago but nothing beats the atmosphere of on campus games.

Man I really hope not. My wife is a UGA alum so we'll likely go to both games if they're played. I'd much rather visit Sanford and Ohio Stadiums instead of Mercedes Benz Stadium. MBS is really, really nice and I enjoyed it for the UGA-Bama championship a few years ago but nothing beats the atmosphere of on campus games.
I agree 100%. I still get goosebumps from that Texas home and home in 2005 and 2006.

The 2022 schedule looks like a good one:

Notre Dame
Arkansas State
Toledo
@MSU
@PSU
Rutgers
Iowa
BYE
Indiana
@Northwestern
Wisconsin
@Maryland
Michigan

Wish they would stop scheduling teams like Arkansas State. They already have a contract with the MAC. Would rather see some mid-level P5 team or a top AAC or MWC team instead. Pitt, Oklahoma State, Boise State, Houston, etc. I liked playing Navy.

OSU has Oregon in 2020 and 2021, ND in 2022 and 2023, Washington in 2024 and 2025, Texas in 2025 and 2026. Washington and Texas in the same season. I like it.