Ohio State Buckeyes 2019

Curious how he'll adapt OK Stae's style to the Big Ten + Tate Martell (if Haskins leaves)

Possibly Fields. Ok St has certainly not struggled on offense the past few years, but definitely more of a passing offense.

Curious how he'll adapt OK Stae's style to the Big Ten + Tate Martell (if Haskins leaves)
I'd start by considering the possibility that they'll want to stay pass happy and Martell may not end up being the QB.

If Fields does not come, I think there's going to be a legitimate competition between Martell and Matthew Baldwin, who redshirted this year. He's more of a pro-style passer, and if I recall correctly, Day absolutely loved him in the last recruiting cycle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FWIW : Their is a lot of buzz on an OSU forum that Justin Fields is going to announce that he is transferring to OSU tonight. Will find out shortly. Also Al Washington TTUN's linebacker coach reportedly is coming to OSU to be linebacker coach.

FWIW : Their is a lot of buzz on an OSU forum that Justin Fields is going to announce that he is transferring to OSU tonight. Will find out shortly. Also Al Washington TTUN's linebacker coach reportedly is coming to OSU to be linebacker coach.

Is that preceded by Haskins declaring for the draft?

That's the only way Fields transfers.

Stirred is mostly spot on. From what I've been told, Fields is waiting to hear if he gets into OSU before announcing. Possible he'll announce this weekend, early next week is more likely. Grinch is likely to head to Oklahoma unless Schiano heads off to Temple or the NFL. Grinch wants to be sole DC, be it at OSU or OU. Expect Washington to be on staff in 2019 and possibly Matt House if (when) one of Schiano or Grinch leaves.

Last edited:
Report: Justin Fields will transfer to Ohio State

Georgia quarterback Justin Fields is expected to make his transfer to Ohio State official as early as today, according to a published report.

According to Letterman Row, Fields is expected on the Columbus, Ohio, campus Friday to move in ahead of the resumption of classes. The move would clear the way for him to participate in the offseason program and spring practice.

Read more:
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...l-transfer-ohio-state/DPUXRm6S6xLdUsaIiTRyyO/

Great news for the returning quarterbacks, the ones who committed themselves to OSU football before the interloper.

The best situation (for OSU) would be the NCAA denying Fields appeal and Haskins staying for one more season.

Very few teams (if any) have 5 star QB's waiting in the wings.

The best situation (for OSU) would be the NCAA denying Fields appeal and Haskins staying for one more season.

Very few teams (if any) have 5 star QB's waiting in the wings.

That would be great if Haskins returned but Fields would not have transferred to OSU if he was going to have to sit. If Fields is denied to play immediately by the NCAA I think you will see a lawsuit by Fields. Michael Jordan is going pro.

Last edited:
Reported by Eleven Warriors that Grinch is going to Okie. Be interesting to see if Schiano will be DC or their are reports Day is looking at Kentucky's DC Matt House and UC's Freeman.

That would be great if Haskins returned but Fields would not have transferred to OSU if he was going to have to sit. If Fields is denied to play immediately by the NCAA I think you will see a lawsuit by Fields. Michael Jordan is going pro.

I doubt he can claim racism since Georgia immediately got rid of the baseball player months ago that called him out at a game. Not only that, his sister is enrolled at Georgia and is going to be playing softball for them. If racism is truly the reason he left, then why didn't the family remove the daughter as well?

He has no basis for immediate play and will most likely sit out a year. If the NCAA allows this, then they will only be creating a transfer firestorm moving forward...

I doubt he can claim racism since Georgia immediately got rid of the baseball player months ago that called him out at a game. Not only that, his sister is enrolled at Georgia and is going to be playing softball for them. If racism is truly the reason he left, then why didn't the family remove the daughter as well?

He has no basis for immediate play and will most likely sit out a year. If the NCAA allows this, then they will only be creating a transfer firestorm moving forward...
On what basis did the NCAA grant Wohlabaugh a pass?

https://www.dukechronicle.com/artic...labaugh-granted-immediate-eligibility-by-ncaa

Fields shouldn't have to sit for a year.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

On what basis did the NCAA grant Wohlabaugh a pass?

https://www.dukechronicle.com/artic...labaugh-granted-immediate-eligibility-by-ncaa

Fields shouldn't have to sit for a year.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

You tell me, the article doesn't say. It could be for a family hardship, which is the most common immediate play allowed transfer. Based on that, you must transfer to a local geographical region where the immediate family is located.

You can't just transfer and play immediately unless there is a good reason. The only one that really allows immediate play is family hardship. Otherwise, anyone can transfer for any reason...

It certainly wasn't family hardship, as he is from Stow.

I think you're being extremely naive if you think the NCAA and UGA are going to condone racism, which will most definitely be the phrase used should they deny his waiver. Fair or not, that is the stigma attached to this transfer.

It certainly wasn't family hardship, as he is from Stow.

I think you're being extremely naive if you think the NCAA and UGA are going to condone racism, which will most definitely be the phrase used should they deny his waiver. Fair or not, that is the stigma attached to this transfer.

How can they claim racism though if his sister is still enrolled at Georgia and is playing softball for them? She didn't leave the university. Besides, the baseball player was immediately removed from the team and Georgia months ago. There really is no basis for racism, though I am sure he will claim it. This whole racism claim he is going to use for immediate play transfer is based on a baseball player using the N word at a school function. However, it really stems from the fact that he wasn't pampered and given the starting QB position without earning it.

He is OSU's problem child now though...

Because the racism wasn't directed at his sister? Because different people react to things differently? Is that a serious question? He was kicked off the team but last I saw the player was not removed from the school. I'm not sure how you can say there is no basis for racism and then admit there was in fact a racist term yelled at him by a white student-athlete.

I'm also not sure how you can possibly say it's because he wasn't pampered and given the starting job. There's no doubt he truly is transferring due to playing time, but how do you know Fields so well that you know it's because he's an entitled brat who didn't get what he want? Maybe he, like many other student-athletes, just realized there was limited playing time, a bad fit in an offense and decided to go elsewhere?

How can they claim racism though if his sister is still enrolled at Georgia and is playing softball for them? She didn't leave the university. Besides, the baseball player was immediately removed from the team and Georgia months ago. There really is no basis for racism, though I am sure he will claim it. This whole racism claim he is going to use for immediate play transfer is based on a baseball player using the N word at a school function. However, it really stems from the fact that he wasn't pampered and given the starting QB position without earning it.

A " problem child " that any team in the country would have taken.

The whole racism hardship waiver is BS but so is them having to sit out a year so who cares

He has a solid attorney from my understanding..

Some SEC honks are now calling Justin Fields Day's JT Barrett.

Assistant coaching staff in in a state of flux with more changes to come. Stay tuned to the bat channel for further info...

The NCAA is going to stay a million miles away from this and probably will grant his waiver. How does it help them to deny it? It would just be the latest scandal in college football. It's not like anyone is unaware that this being used as a massive loophole.

Fields is obviously coming over playing time, but I'd be shocked if the NCAA denied his waiver request. The racism thing may be overblown BS, but in today's climate there's no way they're going to insert themselves into a situation where they'd be questioning the validity of his experience with racism. Zero chance.

Factoring in that he has retained a lawyer that appears to have a pretty good track record of success in these waiver requests, I'd all but guarantee he's the starter next year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk