Ohio State Buckeyes 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me the guys really like Martell. He will probably transfer if Fields comes.

Is Fields going to be eligible immediately?

Supposedly he is going to claim the racial slur that was used is his reason for transfer and will get a waiver to make him eligible for next season.

Definitely means Haskins is going to the NFL. Not that it wasn't almost certain anyway.

Happy New Year everyone!! New Years day means it's Rose Bowl time! The Ohio State University vs. the University of Washington.

I live in the Seattle Area. The people here are so excited about the Seahawks, and now the Huskies of Washington. People here seem to be split on whether or not the Huskies can pull out a win against the Buckeyes. But they all expect a great game to watch.

I'm really looking forward to the game. It will be great weather as usual in Pasadena. It will be interesting to see if Huskies head coach Chris Peterson can pull out some trick plays from his bag of tricks.

Remember Boise State a while back. He was the head coach there. Here's a sample of some that worked great for him back in Boise, Idaho:

http://www.espn.com/videohub/video/clip?id=24432750&categoryid=4823314

Congrats to the Buckeyes on their Rose Bowl win over Washington. I said earlier that I gave OSU the edge in this game, due to their more potent offense than Washington.

Good comeback try by the Huskies, they didn't give up, when they were down 28-3. I live out here in Seattle and I was disappointed in their play in the first half.

They got it going in the second half. But I also think the Buckeyes could have slacked off some in the second half, which aided in the Huskies having a chance to pull it out (only losing by 5 points).

The Huskies showed their grit, by somehow pulling out a Pac 12 Championship, when there was a time this season when it looked pretty bleak (after losing a very close game at Oregon). The Huskies showed that grit tonight.

Great career by Urban Meyer. Also, the Huskies QB Jake Browning had an outstanding career at Washington, being their starting QB for all four years he was at Washington. Also running back Miles Gaskin was along side Browning, rushing for over 1,000 yards in each of his four years he was a Husky.

Exciting game in the final quarter. Perfect weather along with the great field and stadium at the legendary Rose Bowl.

I think the only score the Bucks "slacked off on" was the final one. Other than that, W's D shut down tOSU, especially in the forth quarter. How 'bout that Pasadena weather?

I think the only score the Bucks "slacked off on" was the final one. Other than that, W's D shut down tOSU, especially in the forth quarter. How 'bout that Pasadena weather?

Yes, great weather year round in LA and the OC in southern Cal. I'm 65 now, and lived there for 40 years of my life. I really like living in the Seattle Area now. But I have relatives in So Cal and visit them quite a bit (so it feels kind of like I live there too).

It's great to see the Washington Husky teams play well. I'm actually going to UW for a dental appointment tomorrow. Great dental work by the students there, at around one third of the price of a regular dentist!

Weber had a great first half. Can anyone tell me how many times he was given the ball in the second half? Seemed to me he was on the bench a lot in the second.

Weber had a great first half. Can anyone tell me how many times he was given the ball in the second half? Seemed to me he was on the bench a lot in the second.

He got some touches but in general the UW defense made some good half time adjustments, a lot of blitzing and never from the same spot, so the stats were not very good. Michael Jordan and Haskins struggled checking to the correct blocking schemes during the 2nd half and it showed, very similar vibe to what Penn State did to them in the first half of that game.

I actually think OL could be vastly improved next year as they get more athletic with Wyatt Davis and Nicholas Petit-Frere moving into starting spots and I think Michael Jordan would be well served coming back for a 2nd year as the starting center. I also think Dobbins has a lot to prove as his Sophomore year didn't quite play out the way he wanted so he could be a very motivated player in 2019.

He got some touches but in general the UW defense made some good half time adjustments, a lot of blitzing and never from the same spot, so the stats were not very good. Michael Jordan and Haskins struggled checking to the correct blocking schemes during the 2nd half and it showed, very similar vibe to what Penn State did to them in the first half of that game.

I actually think OL could be vastly improved next year as they get more athletic with Wyatt Davis and Nicholas Petit-Frere moving into starting spots and I think Michael Jordan would be well served coming back for a 2nd year as the starting center. I also think Dobbins has a lot to prove as his Sophomore year didn't quite play out the way he wanted so he could be a very motivated player in 2019.
If Jordan comes back he needs to go back to guard imo

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

If Jordan comes back he needs to go back to guard imo

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

That would probably be wise but folks don't realize how tough that center position is with regards to making the right calls along the line, you want someone that knows what they are doing at that spot. Not sure how good Josh Meyers has looked in practice but they do have one of the top center recruit in the class of 2019, Harry Miller as another option.

That would probably be wise but folks don't realize how tough that center position is with regards to making the right calls along the line, you want someone that knows what they are doing at that spot. Not sure how good Josh Meyers has looked in practice but they do have one of the top center recruit in the class of 2019, Harry Miller as another option.

Matthew Jones was one of, if not the, top center recruit in the 2018 class as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.