Ohio State Buckeyes 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big 10 needs for Alabama and Clemson to win big in the first round. Right now the Big 10 and the Pac are looked at as the lesser leagues. Notre Dame getting schooled would make a league championship more valuable.

Why would the ACC or Big 12 be looked st any different than the Big 10?

Urban to teach a character and leadership class at OSU :laugh: maybe he has new tips that he didnt share with his UF players

I don't know how his UF players were, but his guys at Ohio State have been as good as I've seen (character-wise) for a big-time college football program

I think his arrest record at UF probably speaks volumes to the character of his program

It is pretty well documented his players at Florida were out of control and Urban turned a blind eye. Clearly he got out at the right time and there were rumblings before he left that he lost control of the program with the type of player he had been recruiting. Obviously something changed, didn't recruit as many "problem childs" like he did at UF. He didn't have near rule problems and didn't turn a blind eye like he used to.

I don't think he did anything that wrong in the ZS situation but you cant deny he ran a shady and dirty program at UF and hiring him to teach about character is a joke at best

I think it's pretty clear that Urban has grown in that department since his time at Florida. Most coaches get tired of dealing with problem players as they get older and simply won't recruit them or retain them. Urban's guys at OSU (on the whole) have been nothing but exceptional off the field, and that's what the university is judging him on.

I think he realized he could succeed without that type of athlete..he had the credibility to go out and get elite players without checkered pasts. I think in taking over Florida he didn't have the same recognition that he has now and took a lot of chances on players. He didn't have to do that at OSU. He also probably learned a thing or two about managing his program and players better.

However with that said, this wasn't thought out very well

I think he realized he could succeed without that type of athlete..he had the credibility to go out and get elite players without checkered pasts. I think in taking over Florida he didn't have the same recognition that he has now and took a lot of chances on players. He didn't have to do that at OSU. He also probably learned a thing or two about managing his program and players better.

However with that said, this wasn't thought out very well
Meyer had a choice between ND or UF his credibility after his tenure at Utah was very strong, their is plenty of programs in the SEC with more problems than what UF had with Meyer. UF was going to kick Newton out of college instead he announced he was going to transfer and Auburn gladly ended up with him.Same with Chris Carter's son who was kicked out of OSU only to be scooped up by Saban. It's the culture of the SEC : do whatever it takes to win.

Why would the ACC or Big 12 be looked st any different than the Big 10?

The ACC is Clemson. They go undefeated and they are in. The rest of the ACC is way down this year. Why is a one loss Oklahoma in over a one loss Ohio State? Is Texas really that good? If Oklahoma gets torched by Alabama then there would be an argument for the Big 10 champion to be considered better than the Big 12 champion. Overall the Big 10 would be seen as the superior overall conference. Playing a 9 game conference schedule should count for something. Oklahoma doesn't have a signature win on their entire schedule.

Losing by 29 to an average team was the difference maker. Not sure how you still don't understand this. Oklahoma doesn't have a 29 point loss on their schedule.

Yes i understand that. What I don't know is what would Oklahoma record be if they played Ohio State's schedule. I think there is a good chance Ohio State would be 13-0 if they played Oklahoma schedule.

Yes i understand that. What I don't know is what would Oklahoma record be if they played Ohio State's schedule. I think there is a good chance Ohio State would be 13-0 if they played Oklahoma schedule.

I don't think you can say a team would go 13-0 when the got manhandled by a completely average team. Sour grapes. OSU has nobody to blame but themselves. Two years in a row they have had embarrassing losses by huge margins.... you cant complain when that happens.

On OSU's best day they can compete with anybody, however for some reason they have had two disappearing acts in back to back years. That just cant happen and I would look into why that has happened. Maybe it is some sort of a preparation issue.

Which conference gets killed Big 12 or Pac?

I'd have to think the Pac will need to drop some teams if we go to the super conferences bc I envision them taking on some Big 12 teams. It would be cool to see Texas and OU end up in the Big 10. I would also drop schools like Baylor from the new P4 conference.

I think his arrest record at UF probably speaks volumes to the character of his program

It is pretty well documented his players at Florida were out of control and Urban turned a blind eye. Clearly he got out at the right time and there were rumblings before he left that he lost control of the program with the type of player he had been recruiting. Obviously something changed, didn't recruit as many "problem childs" like he did at UF. He didn't have near rule problems and didn't turn a blind eye like he used to.

I don't think he did anything that wrong in the ZS situation but you cant deny he ran a shady and dirty program at UF and hiring him to teach about character is a joke at best

So you believe Urban to be evil because he had some teenagers in his program that did some dumb (perhaps even illegal) things.
What a childish view.
Wrongdoers deserve the punishment for doing wrong.
Or do you believe every leader of a group is responsible for the conduct of each of their members?

I'd have to think the Pac will need to drop some teams if we go to the super conferences bc I envision them taking on some Big 12 teams. It would be cool to see Texas and OU end up in the Big 10. I would also drop schools like Baylor from the new P4 conference.

If any conference dies it will certainly be the Big 12

Six is nice because you can keep the process the way it is now, but it allows the OPPORTUNITY for all five conferences to make the playoff AND a Notre Dame or additional team. The way it is now guarantees that at least once conference gets left out, which was really dumb to agree to for the non-SEC conferences. It also retains the importance of the regular season. You can afford to have one off week, but not two.

This would be awesome:

Alabama - 1st round bye
Clemson - 1st round bye
#3 Notre Dame vs. #6 Ohio State
#4 Oklahoma vs. #5 Georgia

I like the bye game incentive, as it makes being undefeated and/or dominant in the regular season meaningful. There's still a desire to be ranked in top 2.

The PAC 12 has to stay due to demographics. On the business side of the game NCAA FB is truly now a regional sport and the NCAA needs to figure out a way to engage a large chunk of the country, in particular the big cities on each coast. All the $s being generated and thus spent are in the South and the Midwest which to most advertisers is not fertile ground. As recently as 10 years ago a player like Tua would never even visit a 'Bama let alone play for them, something has to be done to help the west coast become engaged in the sport again like the '60s & '70s when it was one of the dominate areas of NCAA FB with multiple National Titles and 6 Heismans in 20 years.

So you believe Urban to be evil because he had some teenagers in his program that did some dumb (perhaps even illegal) things.
What a childish view.
Wrongdoers deserve the punishment for doing wrong.
Or do you believe every leader of a group is responsible for the conduct of each of their members?

I think he chose the win now and sacrificed his "beliefs". He had a program that was out of control. Any objective person would see that.

If you run a company, school, program, your image is affected by the actions of your employees, students, and players. If it was isolated incidents I would say no, but when your team has an arrest record of that size, it certainly speaks to the top....

What a childish/homer viewpoint.

He didn't run the same type of program at OSU. He let it go on at UF, no debating that

Introspection is hard for some.....

The ACC is Clemson. They go undefeated and they are in. The rest of the ACC is way down this year. Why is a one loss Oklahoma in over a one loss Ohio State? Is Texas really that good? If Oklahoma gets torched by Alabama then there would be an argument for the Big 10 champion to be considered better than the Big 12 champion. Overall the Big 10 would be seen as the superior overall conference. Playing a 9 game conference schedule should count for something. Oklahoma doesn't have a signature win on their entire schedule.

Right, I wasn't arguing that OSU deserved to be in the playoff over Oklahoma or Clemson. I was responding to the comment that the Big 10 is looked at as a lesser league compared to the ACC or Big 12, and I have no idea why that would be true.

I think the SEC and Big10 are much closer than many SEC fans would like to admit....

I really think OSU would give Bama some trouble. They could put up a lot.of points on an average defense (average for Bama standards)

Think about it Haskins would be the best QB they would have seen all year.

I think the only team that can truly threaten Bama year in and year out in the West will be A+M. Jimbo is building something. The East is pretty much a bunch of meh teams outside of Georgia.

I think the only team that can truly threaten Bama year in and year out in the West will be A+M. Jimbo is building something. The East is pretty much a bunch of meh teams outside of Georgia.

I'd agree with that. Malzahn seems to be a small thorn in Nick Saban's side from time to time as well. With Les Miles gone, LSU hasn't been much of a threat.

The East is a group of perpetually over-hyped teams that serve to inflate Bama's resume.

Six is nice because you can keep the process the way it is now, but it allows the OPPORTUNITY for all five conferences to make the playoff AND a Notre Dame or additional team. The way it is now guarantees that at least once conference gets left out, which was really dumb to agree to for the non-SEC conferences. It also retains the importance of the regular season. You can afford to have one off week, but not two.

This would be awesome:

Alabama - 1st round bye
Clemson - 1st round bye
#3 Notre Dame vs. #6 Ohio State
#4 Oklahoma vs. #5 Georgia

I like the bye game incentive, as it makes being undefeated and/or dominant in the regular season meaningful. There's still a desire to be ranked in top 2.

Totally on board with this Bluth.

Saban says there should be no expansion ? let’s be real, Bama could have three losses every year and still make it

I don't think you can say a team would go 13-0 when the got manhandled by a completely average team. Sour grapes. OSU has nobody to blame but themselves. Two years in a row they have had embarrassing losses by huge margins.... you cant complain when that happens.

On OSU's best day they can compete with anybody, however for some reason they have had two disappearing acts in back to back years. That just cant happen and I would look into why that has happened. Maybe it is some sort of a preparation issue.

Actually I am happy OSU isn't in the playoffs this year. I am glad they are in the Rose Bowl where they stand a much better chance of winning. My main complaint is Georgia being ranked behind Oklahoma and ahead of OSU. The current process doesn't bode well for future years. A two loss Georgia being ranked ahead of a one loss OSU is an insult to the Big10. That is saying the Big12 is definitely better than the Big10. I don't buy it. I wish Texas was playing one of the top Big10 teams instead of Georgia. I bet the playoff committee is glad they are not.

Why would you not want your team in the playoffs? In the current landscape of college football making the playoffs and losing is still a better selling point than winning a New Years 6 game.

I wish Georgia and OSU would play, have OSU run it up. Would just add fuel to fire for expansion. Maybe wishful thinking they would run it up but I think they can beat UGA. The offense is good enough to give them at least a punchers chance against any team.

Can anyone believe this is the same guy>
4560124.vpx.jpg

that looked like this 6 weeks ago>
AR-311219991.jpg&updated=201811211443&MaxW=600&maxH=600&noborder

Status
Not open for further replies.