Ohio HS Indoor Records - Boys - as of 17 November 2019

JAVMAN83

Attached are the all-time Ohio best "records" that I've been able to cobble together after extensive research, whose sources I mentioned in the thread of 1 November regarding the Girls' all-time records.

As per the girls, the records shown for events longer than 60m on the track are for those marks set on legal-sized ( <= 200 meters) tracks, whether banked or unbanked. There are marks that are superior that have been set over the big ovals of Kentucky, Akron, Kent, and SPIRE, but those would never be recognized as "legal" marks per national/international statistical conventions.

This is the first go-around for this list on my part. I note a thread from 2011 on Ohio Milesplit where Karl Kaufmann compiled a then list based on inputs from many sectors. I don't know if any other updates have been done besides that one, but here's my modest effort.

Note: I've left the 1600m/3200m entries blank for now as there's nothing remotely close to the 4:08.03 mile by Horter in 2018 or the 8:53.6 2-mile by Scharsu in 1978. So for now, I'll leave those open.

Anyway, hope you enjoy. Look forward to updating this with more information at the end of the 2020 indoor season.

Attachments