Ohio high school set to play spring football schedule

Redhawk85

Bishop Sycamore High School, located in Columbus, Ohio, has announced its 2021 Spring football schedule.

Fri. April 9 at Life Christian Academy (VA)
Fri. April 16 at St. Frances Academy (MD)
Sat. April 24 at St. Francis High School (NY)
Sat. May 8 at St. Thomas More (CT)
Sat. May 15 at West Toronto Prep (Canada)

The team is led by Athletic Director Roy Johnson, AKA David Brown, Program Director Andre Peterson, Coach Terrace Dinkins, Defensive Coordinator Chris Barlow, and D-Line Coach Bertram McCleskey.

Not sure where the school is located, not sure who is on the team, not sure who is paying for all this, but this is a great opportunity for Ohio high school students!

Last edited:

Hey, good for them. They can get some kids playing time against schools from states that pushed football to this spring. They can get more games in the fall. Assuming these kids are getting good coaching, it’s a huge win for them to get so many game opportunities in 2021. I’ve said many times I think an IMG type football academy in Ohio would do well.

Bishop Sycamore High School, located in Columbus, Ohio, has announced its 2021 Spring football schedule.

not sure who is on the team, not sure who is paying for all this, but this is a great opportunity for Ohio high school students.
Looks like they're aggressively pursuing the "post-grad" avenue for kids looking to reclassify. QB from Westerville Central is with them, now.

For all the consternation people made about spring football not being a good idea because it would run too close to the college season, and the amount of games that would put on a kids body, etc, Bishop Sycamore has no qualms in playing a fall and spring schedule. Give the people some real life data for their debates.

For all the consternation people made about spring football not being a good idea because it would run too close to the college season, and the amount of games that would put on a kids body, etc, Bishop Sycamore has no qualms in playing a fall and spring schedule. Give the people some real life data for their debates.

Do you know who or what Bishop Sycamore is? Check out the thread on them for some entertaining dialogue.

Does BS have spring sports like track and baseball?

Do you know who or what Bishop Sycamore is? Check out the thread on them for some entertaining dialogue.

I'm well aware, i was just saying that a lot of people had safety concerns about spring football due to the quick turnaround of then playing fall football. Ol Bishop Sycamore said "safety concerns? nah" and is rollin.

Hey, good for them. They can get some kids playing time against schools from states that pushed football to this spring. They can get more games in the fall. Assuming these kids are getting good coaching, it’s a huge win for them to get so many game opportunities in 2021. I’ve said many times I think an IMG type football academy in Ohio would do well.
They're very similar, except for the part where IMG actually has a school attached to their sports program.

Looks like they're aggressively pursuing the "post-grad" avenue for kids looking to reclassify. QB from Westerville Central is with them, now.

The football team with no school or classes even has Cardale "we ain't come to play school" Jones advising their players now. Quarterbacks coach Ron Roesnick and Terry Dinkins will certainly have this new squad in shape for their first game just 40 short days from now.

Cardell Jones Throwing Session

Last edited:
They still don't have a school website... They have a twitter account that talks about team workouts and scheduling. Where do they practice and play their games at?

The only reason IMG can afford their somewhat new football program is because they make so much from their golf and tennis programs.

football is big here, just like it is in Florida. no reason it wouldn’t work in my opinion. just think Spire Academy but with football, that’s the type of program you’re looking at.
Disagree for a number of reasons.

Football is "big" here, but no more so (and in some cases less than) a number of other states.

One can look at the stands and know that it's "less big" today than in the past. In any case, being a fan of your local high school has little bearing on the success and failure of a sports academy.

The aging population - Ohio has had a double-digit decline in high school enrollment in the last decade, and there's no reason to believe this will change. An academy would need to spend ever-increasing efforts on out of state recruiting, largely from places that are far more friendly in terms of the fall climate. I can go to Bradenton Florida or somewhere in Ohio to play. Not a tough choice for most.

They still don't have a school website... They have a twitter account that talks about team workouts and scheduling. Where do they practice and play their games at?

they don’t have a school building or classes, so there’s certainly no website. All this is is a club football “program,” nothing more.

football is big here, just like it is in Florida. no reason it wouldn’t work in my opinion. just think Spire Academy but with football, that’s the type of program you’re looking at.

If Spire Academy is a club basketball team for high school graduates that practices in a public park and has no fixed address, then yes, Bishop Sycamore is just like that but with football.

If Spire Academy is a club basketball team for high school graduates that practices in a public park and has no fixed address, then yes, Bishop Sycamore is just like that but with football.
no, im not talking about Bishop Sycamore. I was saying a school like IMG (Spire) that fielded football team could be successful In Ohio. Bishop Sycamore is nothing close to that level.

no, im not talking about Bishop Sycamore. I was saying a school like IMG (Spire) that fielded football team could be successful In Ohio. Bishop Sycamore is nothing close to that level.

The reason you don't see many of these football programs is because of the money it takes to run. IMG is able to provide scholarship money based on what they brig in from the other sports. IMG is popular with international students in individual sports. They are the ones paying $75K a year which make the football team (and scholarships) possible. They're also funded by WME and IMG (think sports agents). We're not talking a few wealthy donors...

That's why you don't see other academies come close to IMG and why a football powerhouse wouldn't work in Ohio

The reason you don't see many of these football programs is because of the money it takes to run. IMG is able to provide scholarship money based on what they brig in from the other sports. IMG is popular with international students in individual sports. They are the ones paying $75K a year which make the football team (and scholarships) possible. They're also funded by WME and IMG (think sports agents). We're not talking a few wealthy donors...

That's why you don't see other academies come close to IMG and why a football powerhouse wouldn't work in Ohio

Endeavor may have invested hundreds of millions of dollars in IMG Academy, but the thing to remember is that IMG Academy is a for-profit boarding school with annual revenue of about $120 million and it does turn an operating profit. Eighty percent of their revenue comes from tuition. That's why it is so ridiculous when someone says that these ventures such as COF Academy or Bishop Sycamore are an "IMG-type school" or even more ridiculous "the next IMG."

Endeavor may have invested hundreds of millions of dollars in IMG Academy, but the thing to remember is that IMG Academy is a for-profit boarding school with annual revenue of about $120 million and it does turn an operating profit. Eighty percent of their revenue comes from tuition. That's why it is so ridiculous when someone says that these ventures such as COF Academy or Bishop Sycamore are an "IMG-type school" or even more ridiculous "the next IMG."
neither are the next IMG. but an IMG type of school could succeed here

neither are the next IMG. but an IMG type of school could succeed here

How many families do you think will pay 75K a year? IMG offers 8 sports (Tennis, Football, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Lacrosse and Track. I've highlighted the two sports that would stand any type of chance for this type of thing to work in Ohio. It just so happens that football and basketball were the last two sports that IMG began offering...once they had a ton of money coming in from the other sports. It's just not feasible which is part of the reason these programs fail everywhere else. They promise to be the next IMG when in reality it's just a scam that hurts the kids.