Ohio high school set to play spring football schedule

Redhawk85

Bishop Sycamore High School, located in Columbus, Ohio, has announced its 2021 Spring football schedule.

Fri. April 9 at Life Christian Academy (VA)
Fri. April 16 at St. Frances Academy (MD)
Sat. April 24 at St. Francis High School (NY)
Sat. May 8 at St. Thomas More (CT)
Sat. May 15 at West Toronto Prep (Canada)

The team is led by Athletic Director David Brown, Program Director Andre Peterson, Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator Brandon Fort, Strength and Conditioning Coach and Recruiting Coordinator Terry Dinkins, and Defensive Coordinator Chris Barlow.

Not sure where the school is located, not sure who is on the team, not sure who is paying for all this, but this is a great opportunity for Ohio high school students!

Last edited:

cjb56

Hey, good for them. They can get some kids playing time against schools from states that pushed football to this spring. They can get more games in the fall. Assuming these kids are getting good coaching, it’s a huge win for them to get so many game opportunities in 2021. I’ve said many times I think an IMG type football academy in Ohio would do well.

The Dock

Bishop Sycamore High School, located in Columbus, Ohio, has announced its 2021 Spring football schedule.

not sure who is on the team, not sure who is paying for all this, but this is a great opportunity for Ohio high school students.
Looks like they're aggressively pursuing the "post-grad" avenue for kids looking to reclassify. QB from Westerville Central is with them, now.

hammer89

For all the consternation people made about spring football not being a good idea because it would run too close to the college season, and the amount of games that would put on a kids body, etc, Bishop Sycamore has no qualms in playing a fall and spring schedule. Give the people some real life data for their debates.

eaglepride

For all the consternation people made about spring football not being a good idea because it would run too close to the college season, and the amount of games that would put on a kids body, etc, Bishop Sycamore has no qualms in playing a fall and spring schedule. Give the people some real life data for their debates.
Do you know who or what Bishop Sycamore is? Check out the thread on them for some entertaining dialogue.

serpico

Does BS have spring sports like track and baseball?

hammer89

Do you know who or what Bishop Sycamore is? Check out the thread on them for some entertaining dialogue.
I'm well aware, i was just saying that a lot of people had safety concerns about spring football due to the quick turnaround of then playing fall football. Ol Bishop Sycamore said "safety concerns? nah" and is rollin.

RollingTrain

I'm well aware, i was just saying that a lot of people had safety concerns about spring football due to the quick turnaround of then playing fall football. Ol Bishop Sycamore said "safety concerns? nah" and is rollin.
If they had safety concerns they wouldn’t be playing HS teams with 20 year olds.

queencitybuckeye

Hey, good for them. They can get some kids playing time against schools from states that pushed football to this spring. They can get more games in the fall. Assuming these kids are getting good coaching, it’s a huge win for them to get so many game opportunities in 2021. I’ve said many times I think an IMG type football academy in Ohio would do well.
They're very similar, except for the part where IMG actually has a school attached to their sports program.

Redhawk85

Looks like they're aggressively pursuing the "post-grad" avenue for kids looking to reclassify. QB from Westerville Central is with them, now.
The football team with no school or classes even has Cardale "we ain't come to play school" Jones advising their players now. Quarterbacks coach Ron Roesnick and Terry Dinkins will certainly have this new team in shape for their first ever game just 40 short days from now, assuming they can assemble some more guys to make at least 22.

Cardell Jones Throwing Session

Last edited: