Ohio Heritage Conference 2022

Unfortunately for the Burg, the timing didn't work out. If ML and Burg had switched division a year or two earlier, I could have defiantly seen them winning state in D7.
And ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas all year round. Last year if Marion Local was D6 and Burg D7, the Indians would have had to get past St. Henry who def. Coldwater during the reg. season who def. the Burg in the playoffs last year.

Still checking in time to time. Another gost tipped me off to the concern as to my whereabouts.
Here is what I know. Very proud of this Burg team - they have worked hard and improved throughout the season. There are 2 seniors that have played 4 years…. And they went 8-2. Pretty dang good! Almost every other OHC team would beat their chest about that. Good bunch of kids on the 22 squad from what I’ve been able to see. As for tonight I believe we have a chance I know the Burg boys will play their butts off and if we get a bounce or to go our way ….. we will see. Hopefully Minster doesn’t have thin skinned Jamie Harding anymore, that guy got us in ‘14.

screen shot this - I hope WLS wins tonight! Take it to Maria! Maria is ……well good at football. Good luck tigers.
West Jeff should roll up until the r23 finals gotta love that region.
NE in a good game tonight hope they represent.
Best wishes to my friends at south chuck
And does central get to have a 402 crew tonight? Good luck either way.
Who finished last in OHC. North this yaar?

Still checking in time to time. Another gost tipped me off to the concern as to my whereabouts.
Here is what I know. Very proud of this Burg team - they have worked hard and improved throughout the season. There are 2 seniors that have played 4 years…. And they went 8-2. Pretty dang good! Almost every other OHC team would beat their chest about that. Good bunch of kids on the 22 squad from what I’ve been able to see. As for tonight I believe we have a chance I know the Burg boys will play their butts off and if we get a bounce or to go our way ….. we will see. Hopefully Minster doesn’t have thin skinned Jamie Harding anymore, that guy got us in ‘14.

screen shot this - I hope WLS wins tonight! Take it to Maria! Maria is ……well good at football. Good luck tigers.
West Jeff should roll up until the r23 finals gotta love that region.
NE in a good game tonight hope they represent.
Best wishes to my friends at south chuck
And does central get to have a 402 crew tonight? Good luck either way.
Who finished last in OHC. North this yaar?
it’s good to hear from you DTR.

i agree, i think for what Burg had on the roster this year, it should be considered a success. i just don’t think they have the horses this year to beat Minster. there have been better Burg teams that lost to worse MAC schools than this years Minster.

i hope to see the Indians succeed tonight. while i don’t think it will be a blowout, i don’t see them winning.

CC, South Chuck, and West Liberty will all get clocked tonight. long bus rides home for them.

West Jeff in an upset on the edge of Appalachia.

Northeastern wins in a dogfight against Brookville.

Always looking for a challenge. This years team wouldn’t be close to competitive with those 3 though. I feel bad for WLS tonight lol.

Don't feel bad for us, we are happy to be here after the last 2 season and for the opportunity to play a state champion caliber team. In the event that the game gets out of hand, Tim Goodwin has a proven track record of being a class act and not rubbing opponents' noses in it (which is more than some local Junior High programs can say). Good luck all!

it’s good to hear from you DTR.

i agree, i think for what Burg had on the roster this year, it should be considered a success. i just don’t think they have the horses this year to beat Minster. there have been better Burg teams that lost to worse MAC schools than this years Minster.

i hope to see the Indians succeed tonight. while i don’t think it will be a blowout, i don’t see them winning.

CC, South Chuck, and West Liberty will all get clocked tonight. long bus rides home for them.

West Jeff in an upset on the edge of Appalachia.

Northeastern wins in a dogfight against Brookville.
do you know if the game with the BURG and Minster is streamed live or on a local radio station?

down year for the OHC as a whole. can’t remember the last time we didn’t have a team playing in the regional semis!

down year for the OHC as a whole. can’t remember the last time we didn’t have a team playing in the regional semis!
IMO, I think it was a good year for the OHC, especially NE stepping up. 10 of 12 teams making the playoffs, that should be good season overall for the conference. I may have been disappointed more with Fairbanks but overall, it was a good conference year. I dont know the specifics of all the teams and if these are young clubs or not but overall, they competed well and next year should be better.

knightsfan, we'll give you a couple of months off until you start back up with the status of the OHC in 2023. Rest well in the off season, your insight will be needed, 🤣

BTW knightsfan and playing off your longest bus ride threads. Which venue's visitor stands has the longest/shortest walk to the concessions. This is important stuff. Have a great play off season and look forward to your posts.

Good luck OHC in the winter sports!

IMO, I think it was a good year for the OHC, especially NE stepping up. 10 of 12 teams making the playoffs, that should be good season overall for the conference. I may have been disappointed more with Fairbanks but overall, it was a good conference year. I dont know the specifics of all the teams and if these are young clubs or not but overall, they competed well and next year should be better.

knightsfan, we'll give you a couple of months off until you start back up with the status of the OHC in 2023. Rest well in the off season, your insight will be needed, 🤣

BTW knightsfan and playing off your longest bus ride threads. Which venue's visitor stands has the longest/shortest walk to the concessions. This is important stuff. Have a great play off season and look forward to your posts.

Good luck OHC in the winter sports!
that would be quite an interesting thread!

2023 thread will be up the week after thanksgiving.

i thought Southeastern played Fort Loramie tough last night. they showed a lot of fight even while overmatched physically.

FB_IMG_1667661340056.jpg

i saw an open dates thread posted. 3 OHC teams still have open dates and here’s who i believe they should each schedule:

Catholic Central Week 1- Sidney Lehman Catholic

Greeneview Week 1- Dayton Carroll or Chillicothe

Mechanicsburg Week 2- New Bremen

Last edited:
just wondering, the BURG didn't have 40 second clocks in the end zone, kinda of surprising, do other stadiums in the league have them?
Burg is working on funding for stadium upgrades over the next few years. I know some of the upgrades include a new scoreboard and goalposts but not sure what all they are wanting to do yet.

i saw an open dates thread posted. 3 OHC teams still have open dates and here’s who i believe they should each schedule:

Catholic Central Week 1- Sidney Lehman Catholic

Greeneview Week 1- Dayton Carroll or Chillicothe

Mechanicsburg Week 2- New Bremen
Greeneview could talk MU into changing that week 1 from Trail to them. 👍👍