Ohio Heritage Conference 2022

if im not mistaken didnt you guys give Coldwater a fight in 2016? I think that game was in Sidney if I remember correctly. There has been a couple very close games between the two conferences. 2015 ML and Burg, 2014 Minster and Burg, 2016 Greenview and Coldwater.
Yes we lost by 3. And had a chance at the end to tie with FG but missed it.

Which game did you see? I’d be interested to see the stats for that game. I mean if it was as bad as you say then the other team would have rushed all day. On holding from the OL, well I know there is holing every play. On passing, first everyone says they throw to much! Now the QB needs to throw more? I know you were not the one to say they throw to much. They have a receiver with almost 800 yards receiving. QB almost at 1800 passing and almost 1000 rushing plus their three other backs with around 300 each. They seem very balanced to me. I’m not saying they will win the region. I’m only saying they are a pretty good team.
From all the hoopla I heard about how good there are, I just pointed out some things I noticed when I watched them. Nothing more, nothing less. I've seen Coldwater, so that is the measure I go by when talking about the Jets. I just hope they don't listen to their fans pumping them up. They need to get better and stop listening to their fans.

Agreed. I like what their coach and staff has done so far with this program. I am sure they are working on improving every week. Would be nice for them to make a long run in the playoffs. Week 10 is first though. Go OHC!
Love to see it. Go OHC!

good luck to all teams in week 10 and beyond.

Greenon vs Greeneview will decide the South title for the 5th year in a row- turning into a nice little rivalry! i give Greenon a punchers chance tomorrow night- i think they have the talent on the defensive front 7 to slow down the newest (and hopefully last) Payton kid at RB. should try and force Greeneview to beat them through the air.

i can’t wait for the brackets to come out sunday and get a look who each OHC team will matchup with.

go Knights and go OHC!

Greenon vs Greeneview will decide the South title for the 5th year in a row- turning into a nice little rivalry! i give Greenon a punchers chance tomorrow night- i think they have the talent on the defensive front 7 to slow down the newest (and hopefully last) Payton kid at RB. should try and force Greeneview to beat them through the air.

i can’t wait for the brackets to come out sunday and get a look who each OHC team will matchup with.

go Knights and go OHC
Cooper is only a sophomore so I guess you have at least 3 more years of him...but yes he is the last of the 3 brothers that played at Greeneview

go Knights and go OHC!
Since starting QB has been injured, the back up has stepped up nicely, and has shown he can throw the ball and run also. We have a couple really good wideouts. Seems like we have been a little more balanced over the last few weeks. Should be fun when we get all the pieces back together. Should be a good game though, Greenon always plays us tough! Zach Stevens is a tough kid, have known him since he was a baby.

I'm excited to see how we do in Region 20! There are some major crap talkers in the region.......They give Greeneview zero chance to do anything. I like that. They think you guys are over rated also, they will see real soon wont they.
I hear ya. I honestly think the conference MU is in is very similar to our schedule. Hopefully we will get a Jet/Rams rematch down the road. 1st things 1st, finish week 10 strong!

I'm excited to see how we do in Region 20! There are some major crap talkers in the region.......They give Greeneview zero chance to do anything. I like that. They think you guys are over rated also, they will see real soon wont they.
I'd love to see GV and NE in the regional finals.

Greeneview- 42
Greenon- 3

all i have to say is, wow, those Jamestown boys are tough up front. after seeing them in person, they look like they have a legit chance in R20. if a team gets them on a wet, cold night, it’s game over. the youngest Payton kid is going to be the OHC POY year by next year.

Greeneview- 42
Greenon- 3

all i have to say is, wow, those Jamestown boys are tough up front. after seeing them in person, they look like they have a legit chance in R20. if a team gets them on a wet, cold night, it’s game over. the youngest Payton kid is going to be the OHC POY year by next year.
They are a tough hungry scrappy team. That NT is a beast. And O-line is pretty consistent. Only issue is the pass D but it has been improving each week. Now on to the next season.
Good luck to all the teams that made the playoffs. I believe it's most of them making it. Just a.few not making it. But will know for sure Sunday.

OHC Playoff Matchups

West Jeff @ Newcomerstown

Triad @ WLS

Greenon @ Northeastern/Milton Union

Waynesville/Greenon @ Northeastern

Lockland @ Mechanicsburg

Cedarville @ New Bremen

Cincinnati College Prep/Catholic Central @ Southeastern

Catholic Central @ Southeastern/vs. St Bernard Elmwood Place

just an observation from this season alone.

i don’t know what it is, but it seems like student section participation has been down across the board in the league. Greenons week 2 game vs Northwestern was the only time the student section looked as it should, compared to past years. even last year was much better than this year. i can remember a few games where Greenon had a packer student section. Mechanicsburg in 2019 really impressed me with their student participation.

why does student section participation seem to be down? i’m interested to hear a few theories on this.

1. maybe when kids couldn’t go to games during the 2020 pandemic year they just lost interest and never went back.

2. maybe kids have decided that working is more important and choose to do that on Friday night instead of going to the game.

3. (and i’m sure this has always been partially true with any school) when the team is having more success, more kids who wouldn’t usually go, find interest in going to the games

just an observation from this season alone.

i don’t know what it is, but it seems like student section participation has been down across the board in the league. Greenons week 2 game vs Northwestern was the only time the student section looked as it should, compared to past years. even last year was much better than this year. i can remember a few games where Greenon had a packer student section. Mechanicsburg in 2019 really impressed me with their student participation.

why does student section participation seem to be down? i’m interested to hear a few theories on this.

1. maybe when kids couldn’t go to games during the 2020 pandemic year they just lost interest and never went back.

2. maybe kids have decided that working is more important and choose to do that on Friday night instead of going to the game.

3. (and i’m sure this has always been partially true with any school) when the team is having more success, more kids who wouldn’t usually go, find interest in going to the games
I think the student sections stay packed when it is a home game and the team is doing well. If not doing good, not much participation. Away games always reduces the participation.

Also OHC playoff matches
Greeneview /Prebble Shawnee or Purcell Marion.

I think the student sections stay packed when it is a home game and the team is doing well. If not doing good, not much participation. Away games always reduces the participation.

Also OHC playoff matches
Greeneview /Prebble Shawnee or Purcell Marion.
Greeneview vs Prebble Shawnee locked in.