Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

Anna should lose to WJ. They're young. But they do have a big line and at least look the part. From what I've seen of Fort Rec lately, I wouldn't be surprised if Fairbanks gives the Indians a good game. There's a very strong possibility that if we keep winning, we'll see a OHC team every week. That will be a test.

I believe the OHC has a chance at an opening round sweep. Lehman is no where near what they've been, I think Southeastern will get them. East Clinton is going to be a challenge for MP. I agree that I think Northeastern beats Deer Park (close though).
im not sure how to feel about Deer Park. i think Plains wins convincingly. and South Chuck? well they’re pretty bad but Lehman may be too

I don’t feel like beating a 1-5 Anna would it should count as “beating the MAC”. They would never be in the playoffs normally at 1-5.

Not that it wont be a good win for WJ, just don’t think it would be over a playoff caliber MAC team.

I don’t feel like beating a 1-5 Anna would it should count as “beating the MAC”. They would never be in the playoffs normally at 1-5.

Not that it wont be a good win for WJ, just don’t think it would be over a playoff caliber MAC team.
Kind of a double edged sword here, if by change Anna would defeat West Jeff, then it would be all about just how good and superior the Mac teams are. If WJ wins, then it will be, Anna should not even be in the play-offs at 1-5, OHC didn't really beat a real Mac team. Anna was #1 last year, sure they lost a bunch of quality Seniors, but so did West Jeff. Sorry for Anna not being able to reload as well as WJ has. Feel when WJ beats Anna, they deserve the recognition and respect for the win over the all mighty Mac conference. WJ 38 - Anna 14 - my prediction. It will be a convincing win.

West Jefferson has some very talented classes coming up you mix these classes together and you will have a team to knock off the mac
Hopefully they will be physical. This years team doesn’t embody the WJ mentality on physicality. To much fluff... finesse.

Hopefully they will be physical. This years team doesn’t embody the WJ mentality on physicality. To much fluff... finesse.
I feel West Jeff does what is necessary, Fairbanks for example, weak protecting against the passing game, better stopping the run. WJ knew it would be more effective through the air. WJ has very strong and talented receivers along with a QB that can throw the ball, so why not? However, WJ can also run the ball when necessary, WJ dresses 3-4 RB's weekly, any of the 4 can be effective. Last year just the opposite, WJ had a monster line, all Seniors, all over 275 pounds. These guys dominated the opposing D-line, also had a very shifty RB, so why not? This year WJ has more balance and able to adapt to what the opponent's weakness may be.

I think West Jeff has a great shot at finally ending the OHC drought vs the MAC when they likely play Anna next week. That's a bag of mixed emotions for us *est. 2001* OHC fans. I feel like Mechancisburg or WLS deserve that feat. If the MAC clean sweeps the OHC this year, we may never break it.
I agree with Mechancisburg part of your comment, Mechancisburg beat West Jeff in a close game, however WLS? West Jeff beat WLS by 4 touchdowns.

I agree with Mechancisburg part of your comment, Mechancisburg beat West Jeff in a close game, however WLS? West Jeff beat WLS by 4 touchdowns.

nothing to do with how this year’s teams stack up. All to do with how many times those 2 schools have been eliminated by a MAC school.

But what happened when they played a higher tiered playoff team? Mechanicsburg was the more physical team and came out with the W. Just hope they can rise to the occasion in the playoffs.

Kind of a double edged sword here, if by change Anna would defeat West Jeff, then it would be all about just how good and superior the Mac teams are. If WJ wins, then it will be, Anna should not even be in the play-offs at 1-5, OHC didn't really beat a real Mac team. Anna was #1 last year, sure they lost a bunch of quality Seniors, but so did West Jeff. Sorry for Anna not being able to reload as well as WJ has. Feel when WJ beats Anna, they deserve the recognition and respect for the win over the all mighty Mac conference. WJ 38 - Anna 14 - my prediction. It will be a convincing win.
Yeah.....Anna is 1-5. Wouldn't be in the playoffs any other year. Not taking away from what WJ has achieved. But a big difference from beating a 1-5 team over a true playoff MAC team. But that's why we play the game, and the game WJ needs to win 1st is against Anna.

First off Congratulations to The Boys from the Burg on an outright undisputed OHC title that is a great accomplishment it was fun to watch you fight through the chaos this season (live or MIBN) you guys capture that goal. I hope you keep trending up!
Second congrats also to Greenon for winning a battle with Greeneview for the south Championship. Losing your QB just before the season and keeping the faith to get this done is worthy accomplishment .

Why are we not talking about the possibility of an all OHC D6 R24 final instead of this other stuff? BTW Anna vs ME this week just saying ...... Come on man ....... (might be the only quote worth stealing from.......well you know)

Yeah.....Anna is 1-5. Wouldn't be in the playoffs any other year. Not taking away from what WJ has achieved. But a big difference from beating a 1-5 team over a true playoff MAC team. But that's why we play the game, and the game WJ needs to win 1st is against Anna.

Thats what Im trying to say. It is a little of a no win situation for WJ. I do think they will win, and my comment was not meant as a knock on WJ or thier win.
I just dont think a win over Anna or Minster or Parkway this year would count as the OHC "beating the MAC" in the playoffs. Because none of those teams would be in the playoffs in a normal year. Thats all I was trying to say.

First off Congratulations to The Boys from the Burg on an outright undisputed OHC title that is a great accomplishment it was fun to watch you fight through the chaos this season (live or MIBN) you guys capture that goal. I hope you keep trending up!
Second congrats also to Greenon for winning a battle with Greeneview for the south Championship. Losing your QB just before the season and keeping the faith to get this done is worthy accomplishment .

Why are we not talking about the possibility of an all OHC D6 R24 final instead of this other stuff? BTW Anna vs ME this week just saying ...... Come on man ....... (might be the only quote worth stealing from.......well you know)
Yes, congrats to both teams for well played seasons and bringing home championships to thier respective schools. It would be awesome if WJ knocked off CW (which I think they absolutely have the talent to do) and getting to rematch Mech. in the regional finals. Maybe a repeat of last year with WJ getting revenge in the playoffs?

If West Jeff is going to have success in the playoffs(They are more than capable of doing well) the recipe has to be a more balanced offensive attack. Throwing 30-40 times a game is not going get it done against the big boys. They also have to sure up their run defense. They have seen teams recently like Fairbanks who showed their capability to run well on WJ but they refused to commit to it. The good teams will commit to what works. To beat the best teams you have to rely on your physicality and discipline on both sides of the ball. I think if West Jeff draws Anna they can beat them with with relative ease if they chose to go the physical route, but if they throw ball as much as they have been I look for that game to be close as Anna has athletic enough players with high enough football IQ's to limit the Rider passing game. I am look forward to seeing how this all turns out. Should be fun.

round 2 picks:

Greenon- 42 Taft- 26 (Greenon has everyone back healthy and this bunch will be motivated to get the first playoff win in school history. no better way to do it on the home field).

Marion Local- 53 Cedarville- 6

Blanchester- 35 Madison Plains- 22

New Bremen- 48 South Chuck- 6

Greeneview- 34 Paint Valley- 28

West Jefferson- 42 Anna- 14

Mechanicsburg- 50 Deer Park- 8

Coldwater- 52 Triad- 14

Fort Recovery- 40 Fairbanks- 28

West Liberty Salem- 31 Mariemont- 17

CALPREPS PROJECTIONS:

Region 20
#6 West Liberty-Salem 35, #11 Mariemont 28
#9 Taft 26, #8 Greenon 24
#2 Blanchester 38, #15 Madison Plains 21

Region 24
#2 Mechanicsburg 42, #15 Deer Park 6
#4 West Jefferson 40, #13 Anna 14
#8 Fort Recovery 42, #9 Fairbanks 28
#7 Paint Valley 34, #10 Greeneview 21
#1 Coldwater 44, #17 Triad 3

Region 28
#1 Marion Local 62, #16 Cedarville 0
#3 New Bremen 58, #19 Southeastern 0

3 games that jump out to me this week!
WLS/ Mariemont - Mariemont has been up and down all year
Greeneview/PV - maybe the best game of the night in my eyes - seems to be 2 evenly matched teams
Fairbanks/FR - Which teams will show up and whichever way you want to spin it lol

Greeneview vs Paint Valley should be a very good matchup. from what I understand, they seem to be 2 very similar teams. ill take Greeneview as the OHC has had success vs. the SVC.

I don't know how to feel about WLS yet, but ill take the Tigers because Mariemonts scores don't impress me at all.

Fairbanks vs Fort Recovery is a matchup that I don't really know what to expect from. Fairbanks will have to endure a long bus ride to play in a tough environment. ill go with the MAC here.

Greenon vs Taft is an exciting matchup. Greenon has athletes, but can they run with those from Taft? I think so but we will see. if Greenon stops the big play, I think they win the game. special teams has been a strength of the Knights all year and they need to keep that up.

I think Blanchester vs Madison Plains will be a game that's a lot closer than many think it will be. Madison Plains is the definition of average, but the whooping they put on East Clinton impresses me. I also think Blanchester is very over-seeded. they play a weak schedule. Blanchester wins in a close one. also, old KTC rivals!

every other game should be a blowout.

I think Fort Recovery is going to roll Fairbanks. IMO, there are only 2 OHC teams built to take down anything other than the lower tier of the MAC. Fort Recovery is far from lower tier despite their 2-4 record. FR scored 37 on Coldwater; Coldwater gave up 34 the rest of the season. They lost to Marion Local by just 9, and that was close most of the game.

WLS/Mariemont is certainly a coin flip. I'm guessing there will be some points scored.

Taft is so incredibly athletic. I don't like Greenon's chances, really at all, but I'm certainly pulling for what I'd call a major upset.

I agree on Blanchester/Madison Plains. I believe Greeneview scrimmaged Blanchester and if I recall that game was back and forth and evenly matched. The thing to look at overall is what Greeneview did to MP (41-14). However, if MP comes to play, I think it has the potential to be close.

I think the Anna/West Jeff game will be closer than people think.

I think Fort Recovery is going to roll Fairbanks. IMO, there are only 2 OHC teams built to take down anything other than the lower tier of the MAC. Fort Recovery is far from lower tier despite their 2-4 record. FR scored 37 on Coldwater; Coldwater gave up 34 the rest of the season. They lost to Marion Local by just 9, and that was close most of the game.

WLS/Mariemont is certainly a coin flip. I'm guessing there will be some points scored.

Taft is so incredibly athletic. I don't like Greenon's chances, really at all, but I'm certainly pulling for what I'd call a major upset.

I agree on Blanchester/Madison Plains. I believe Greeneview scrimmaged Blanchester and if I recall that game was back and forth and evenly matched. The thing to look at overall is what Greeneview did to MP (41-14). However, if MP comes to play, I think it has the potential to be close.

I believe Greeneview beat Blanchester 14-0 in the varsity portion. I'm not sure but that's what I heard. if Madison Plains can eat up the clock and keep the chains moving o the ground, its a ball game.

I don't know much about Taft but im pretty certain they run through 2 players on offense, I think the QB and WR #9? Greenon has been disciplined for the most part this year and that's why I like the Knights here. stop the big play and its Greenons to lose.

I could retype all that, but basically I just need to say I agree with you down the line. Well said.
I agree Blanchester is overseeded. But Plains doesnt typically play well in "Big" games.
Greenon hasnt seen anything like what Taft will bring to the table. I went to the Taft/WLS game last year. And WLS was a good team last year. And Taft's athletes far exceeded what WLS brought to the table. But it would be awesome if Greenon could upset them.
Anna will hang for longer than people think.

I could retype all that, but basically I just need to say I agree with you down the line. Well said.
I agree Blanchester is overseeded. But Plains doesnt typically play well in "Big" games.
Greenon hasnt seen anything like what Taft will bring to the table. I went to the Taft/WLS game last year. And WLS was a good team last year. And Taft's athletes far exceeded what WLS brought to the table. But it would be awesome if Greenon could upset them.
Anna will hang for longer than people think.
i dont put much stock into 7on7 passing scrimmages, etc. but Greenon has played against teams such as Kettering Alter, Wayne, Miamisburg, and Fairborn. beat all of them except lost to Wayne by a score. i attended all of them and Greenon handled the speed of each of those teams quite well. of course, real football is different but all im saying is ive seen Greenon run with some extremely good athletes. #9 for Taft is a very good football player and the QB Brazziel seems to be getting some college looks. im interested to see how the Knights adjust to the speed of Taft. i think theyre up for the challenge.

We took our starters out too early vs Fort Recovery when we were up 28 or so. Then they started scoring on our JV to the point where we had to put our starters back into the ballgame. Fort blew a 21-0 4th quarter lead against St Henry. I'm not sure I trust their defense. But this on paper is a game Fort should win.

Anna I think has enough horses to stick around for awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 1 possession game at the start of the 4th quarter but in the end the Roughriders should prevail. Nick Marino has Anna well coached. They are just very young with 5 seniors or so.