Covington vs Mechanicsburg
Lehman Catholic vs Catholic Central
Milton Union vs West Liberty Salem
Troy Christian vs Cedarville
Bethel vs Northeastern/Southeastern
Riverside vs Triad
Northridge vs Greenon
Miami East vs Greeneview

West Jefferson, Madison Plains, Fairbanks, and Northeastern/Southeastern get left out in this scenario. some of these games should already be played on a yearly basis in my opinion.
The SWBL Buckeye had some games scheduled with the CCC and it worked. Milton vs East, Carlisle vs Arcanum, Dixie vs TVS, Brookville vs TCN. The OHC is a quality conference and the same sized schools as the TRC will have. It would be nice to see Ft Loramie and maybe Arcanum join the TRC to even out the number of teams. Brookville would also be a great addition.

Brookville/Arcanum
Covington
Bethel
Miami East
Milton-Union
Riverside
Troy Ch
Lehman
I think at some point Arcanum or Brookville will petition the TRC to join. It makes too much sense.

well it looks like Kenton Ridge opted to travel to Columbus Independence instead of Greenon week two. as a fan this is annoying. Greenon and Kenton Ridge had absolutely no reason not to get this thing done. very disappointed here and it looks like greenon has no good options left for week 2.
Pretty sad on KR's part. Don't want no part of rice I reckon

The SWBL Buckeye had some games scheduled with the CCC and it worked. Milton vs East, Carlisle vs Arcanum, Dixie vs TVS, Brookville vs TCN. The OHC is a quality conference and the same sized schools as the TRC will have. It would be nice to see Ft Loramie and maybe Arcanum join the TRC to even out the number of teams. Brookville would also be a great addition.

Brookville/Arcanum
Covington
Bethel
Miami East
Milton-Union
Riverside
Troy Ch
Lehman
I think at some point Arcanum or Brookville will petition the TRC to join. It makes too much sense.
i think the TRC and OHC will develop some great rivalries over the years. those are just some i think will happen and i have a reason behind all those games. if the TRC ever tried to poach Greenon i wouldn’t be the least bit shocked. Greenon fits the TRC as well as any other league at the moment. but this could be a few years down the road, who knows what will happen with the OHC. weirder things have happened.

Pretty sad on KR's part. Don't want no part of rice I reckon
it’s very sad. it just doesn’t make sense. yes greenon will be very good next year but KR isn’t usually a pushover. no reason to go schedule a columbus city school over a local rival with a history between the two.

NCH has some studs too. Kiner wasn’t enough to upend Valley View. Greenon would do well vs Roger Bacon.
Would love to see that Greenon vs MU game. Maybe a scrimmage to begin with.
Milton lost to Valley View by a point after a rogue offensive pass interference call against MU on the winning TD.
after watching Roger Bacon play, in your opinion do you think Greenon would be competitive against them? style wise and talent wise?

it’s very sad. it just doesn’t make sense. yes greenon will be very good next year but KR isn’t usually a pushover. no reason to go schedule a columbus city school over a local rival with a history between the two.
I'm still not seeing Greenon as a very good team. I'd love to see them go 10-0, but hey will probably be 8-2 or 7-3. I hope I'm wrong. Go Knights!

I'm still not seeing Greenon as a very good team. I'd love to see them go 10-0, but hey will probably be 8-2 or 7-3. I hope I'm wrong. Go Knights!
as someone closer than most people i see 9-1 being very realistic for them. 8-2 could happen too. i’m not sure about 10-0 that’s more of the long shot, as Mechanicsburg will be very good this year. burg might even be my pick to win the state.

Greenon should look at playing at Columbus West for week 2, they could carpool with Kenton Ridge to Columbus! Columbus West is approximately 50 miles from Greenon HS and is Division II. Columbus Public Schools can fluctuate quite a bit by division and talent level from year to year but I would assume the Greenon QB would be the best player on the field and give Greenon the w in 2020. Over the last 5 years Columbus West has:
2019 0-10 Calpreps: Greenon 55-10
2018 1-9 (win vs a 0-10 team) Calpreps: Greeon 42-21
2017 5-5 (wins vs two 1-9, two 4-6 & one 3-6 teams) Calpreps: Col West 46-10
2016 9-2 (only 1 win vs team with a winning record) Calpreps: Col West 56-7
2015 5-5 (0 wins vs team with a wining record) Calpreps: Col West 52-19

Greenon should look at playing at Columbus West for week 2, they could carpool with Kenton Ridge to Columbus! Columbus West is approximately 50 miles from Greenon HS and is Division II. Columbus Public Schools can fluctuate quite a bit by division and talent level from year to year but I would assume the Greenon QB would be the best player on the field and give Greenon the w in 2020. Over the last 5 years Columbus West has:
2019 0-10 Calpreps: Greenon 55-10
2018 1-9 (win vs a 0-10 team) Calpreps: Greeon 42-21
2017 5-5 (wins vs two 1-9, two 4-6 & one 3-6 teams) Calpreps: Col West 46-10
2016 9-2 (only 1 win vs team with a winning record) Calpreps: Col West 56-7
2015 5-5 (0 wins vs team with a wining record) Calpreps: Col West 52-19
greenon needs a home game but i’m sure they would be interested in the game!

Agreed on all accounts. Greenon probably beats KR next year. Looks like the Cougars went and scheduled a win against a Columbus city team which is not a terrible thing on what should be a rebuilding team with a new coach. Still would rather play a rival county school

i would love this as well and here is my take on matchups:

Covington vs Mechanicsburg
Lehman Catholic vs Catholic Central
Milton Union vs West Liberty Salem
Troy Christian vs Cedarville
Bethel vs Northeastern/Southeastern
Riverside vs Triad
Northridge vs Greenon
Miami East vs Greeneview

West Jefferson, Madison Plains, Fairbanks, and Northeastern/Southeastern get left out in this scenario. some of these games should already be played on a yearly basis in my opinion.
The Covington vs Mechanicsburg match-up becomes a reality starting in week 2 of 2021. Should be a great game for both schools and hopefully turns into a long standing rivalry game.

wait.. is it actually?!?!

update: it’s true according to arbiter. that’s a great matchup for both schools year in and year out.

Covington vs Mechanicsburg should be a good series and great pickup for Mechanicsburg. For Covington I guess this game will replace the Minster OOC game. Both schools are DVI and were in the same region last year. Records over the last 5 years:

2019 Burg 11-3, Cov 10-3 Calpreps: Burg 28-24 Actual Game Burg 42-26 Minster 9-2 beat Cov 35-25
2018 Burg 8-3, Cov 7-4 Calpreps: Cov 21-20 Minster 8-4 beat Cov 39-26
2017 Burg 8-3, Cov 5-5 Calpreps: Burg 21-14 Minster 11-4 beat Cov 28-0
2016 Burg 12-1, Cov 11-1 Calpreps: Burg 40-19 Minster 10-5 (State Runner up) did not play Cov
2015 Burg 12-1, Cov 8-3 Calpreps: Burg 38-7 Minster 10-3 did not play Cov

2021 and 2022 will be good years for the Burg v Covington. Once 2023 comes I'm not so sure, hopefully we get some move-ins because our junior high numbers have been down

2021 and 2022 will be good years for the Burg v Covington. Once 2023 comes I'm not so sure, hopefully we get some move-ins because our junior high numbers have been down
In WJ it has been the opposite, our program numbers have increased a lot over the last 2-3 years. WJ should have around 20 incoming Freshmen, total roster this year will peak right around 70 total. This season we should have 15-16 Seniors, 22-25 Juniors. Coach B has done a great job creating excitement with the program.

WLS numbers are somewhere between WJ and Mechanicsburg. Not great, not terrible. Based on what I saw in Jr. High the last 2 years, West Jefferson is the only one with great numbers. WLS will have around 10-12 per class.

I'm interested to see where our numbers end up after all the playoff excitement. That might draw some kids who wouldn't play otherwise

Have the last few years been different than the years before? Burg has been pretty solid for quite some time. I believe you all have a 7 year playoff streak, the last time you didn't make it was 2012.

I was shocked when I saw 13 kids (combined 7th and 8th) on your sideline last year. I agree, program success typically translates to kids wanting to be a part of it. Burgs tradition since around 1999 has been unparalleled by any other program in the OHC. I know WLS has a slight advantage since 2001 in overall OHC wins, but I consider Burg's tradition a bit bitter. Burg just had a handful of super hard years in a row.

I'm sure the numbers will pick back up. The tradition is too strong.

BY WINS:
1. West Liberty-Salem 107-29 (.787)
2. Mechanicsburg 102-34 (.750)
3. Catholic Central 66-70 (.485)
4. Triad 64-72 (.471)
5. Northeastern 59-77 (.434)
6. Greeneview 53-83 (.390)
7. Southeastern 48-88 (.353)
8. Cedarville 30-106 (.221)
9. West Jefferson 22-2 (.917)
10. Fairbanks 16-8 (.667)
11. Greenon 14-10 (.583)
12. Madison Plains 11-13 (.458)

BY WIN PERCENTAGE:
1. West Jefferson 22-2 (.917)
2. West Liberty-Salem 107-29 (.787)
3. Mechanicsburg 102-34 (.750)
4. Fairbanks 16-8 (.667)
5. Greenon 14-10 (.583)
6. Catholic Central 66-70 (.485)
7. Triad 64-72 (.471)
8. Madison-Plains 11-13 (.458)
9. Northeastern 59-77 (.434)
10. Greeneview 53-83 (.390)
11. Southeastern 48-88 (.353)
12. Cedarville 30-106 (.221)

Interesting note on this; if Cedarville goes winless in OHC play next year and West Jefferson runs the table....West Jefferson can tie Cedarville at 30 all-time OHC wins. This will be West Jeff's 4th season in the league, Cedarville's 19th. Eek.

That list is interesting in that only two old OHC schools have winning conference records. Thats crazy. Someone had to be winning those games. Seems like SCC should be higher, even though they've fallen on hard times. They used to be really solid.

Also thought Burg would be number 1. They seem to have higher highs but also lower lows than WLS.

Us old timers know the glory days for SCC. But they've had 1 winning record since 2011 and four (4) 0-10 seasons. That's knocked them down quite a bit.

Burg had 3 tough years from 2010-2012 where they only won 8 total conference games. If it weren't for that stretch, they'd have the better record.

WLS went 4-6 in 2002, other than that they've had two (2) 6-4 years, two (2) 7-3 years, five (5) 8-2 years, four (4) 9-1 years and four (4) 10-0 years. WLS has as many winning season since 2001 (formation of the OHC) as Marion Local (18) and more winning seasons (since 2001) than St. Ignatius (16), St. Xavier (16), Massillon Washington (16), Kirtland (16), St. Francis De Sales (16) and St. Henry (13). A lot less state championships (haha), but it's impressive none-the-less.

Burg and WLS lead the OHC in playoff trips (MHS 14, WLS 12) and OHC championships (MHS 7, WLS 6).

Frankly, it's pretty remarkable what those 2 schools have done and how they've sustained success over the last 20 years.

Last edited:
Have the last few years been different than the years before? Burg has been pretty solid for quite some time. I believe you all have a 7 year playoff streak, the last time you didn't make it was 2012.

I was shocked when I saw 13 kids (combined 7th and 8th) on your sideline last year. I agree, program success typically translates to kids wanting to be a part of it. Burgs tradition since around 1999 has been unparalleled by any other program in the OHC. I know WLS has a slight advantage since 2001 in overall OHC wins, but I consider Burg's tradition a bit bitter. Burg just had a handful of super hard years in a row.

I'm sure the numbers will pick back up. The tradition is too strong.
Honestly it’s a weak couple classes. The peewee program is getting numbers back but there’s a really really unpopular Jr high coach who I’m assuming is maybe the reason for the dip

will next year be the year we get a state champ?? west jeff and burg both got close last year. Mechanicsburg should be a force and i’m picking them to win it all next year!

i think we get Mechanicsburg, West Jefferson, and Greenon to the playoffs. Burg goes all the way, next year is probably more than likely a 2 game run for the riders. rebuilding that nasty o-line and d-line will be tough but they have athletes. ditto for Greenon, except they never had an O-line. Greenon could pull off a couple wins against teams they match up well against but whenever they play a team that can pound the ball on them, i’m not sure they will be able to hang.

POY predictions:
North- Buescher (West Jefferson)
South- Rice (Greenon)

if we get lucky, we will get another D5R20 final between two members, this time West Jeff and Greenon. obviously this is a long shot but would love to see it.

I don’t think we will see an OHC team win a football state championship for a while. Burg will be good, but not Marion Local, Minster good.

Us old timers know the glory days for SCC. But they've had 1 winning record since 2011 and four (4) 0-10 seasons. That's knocked them down quite a bit.

Burg had 3 tough years from 2010-2012 where they only won 8 total conference games. If it weren't for that stretch, they'd have the better record.

WLS went 4-6 in 2002, other than that they've had two (2) 6-4 years, two (2) 7-3 years, five (5) 8-2 years, four (4) 9-1 years and four (4) 10-0 years. WLS has as many winning season since 2001 (formation of the OHC) as Marion Local (18) and more winning seasons (since 2001) than St. Ignatius (16), St. Xavier (16), Massillon Washington (16), Kirtland (16), St. Francis De Sales (16) and St. Henry (13). A lot less state championships (haha), but it's impressive none-the-less.

Burg and WLS lead the OHC in playoff trips (MHS 14, WLS 12) and OHC championships (MHS 7, WLS 6).

Frankly, it's pretty remarkable what those 2 schools have done and how they've sustained success over the last 20 years.

Yeah, its impressive to have sustained success at small schools like WLS and MB. I don't think people realize how hard it is. Looked on Joe Eitel after youe post at some of WLS and MB old playoff opponents. Some went 1-9, 3-7, etc. Its hard to win year in and year out with a limited number of kids.

Speaks to coaching I guess? Forrest is a highly regarded coach IMO, and the Smith/McGill combo seem to be really good as well. I also think at places like MB, football is in thier culture and is an important part of the identity of the school and community.